27 rats caught on Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

27 rats caught on Pattaya Beach

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya health officials captured 27 rats on Pattaya Beach in their latest effort to make the shoreline rodent-free.

Disease control head Kanrapa Mukdasanit said Sept. 10 that the Health Department had distributed 105 rat traps to beach vendors north of Soi 13, urging them to put out traps weekly.

In the first week, 27 rats were caught.

Health officials urged vendors and beach users to dispose of all food and trash separately to keep the vermin population under control.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-09-21

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

They need beach cats

Joke as you will when I worked in Qatar in the mid 80's they had rats the size of small dogs. They got rid of them by bringing into the country a lot of cats. Now you will be hard pushed to see a rat anywhere over there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

The rats are alive in the traps what are they going to do with them?  Ship them to Bangkok and release?

Best to drown them in the water in their cages. After that leave them on the beach and let the tide take them out to sea like everything else. Like the new sand brought in at great expense, raw sewage and all the other effluent from hotels and the plastic and garbage and cigarette butts. 

I wonder if rattus pattayas is a sub -species of rattus klongtoey?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Best to drown them in the water in their cages. After that leave them on the beach and let the tide take them out to sea like everything else. Like the new sand brought in at great expense, raw sewage and all the other effluent from hotels and the plastic and garbage and cigarette butts. 

I wonder if rattus pattayas is a sub -species of rattus klongtoey?

Not a very Buddhist answer is it watching the little critters drown in a cage like a terrorist captive? 

ratsc.jpg

15 hours ago, upu2 said:

Joke as you will when I worked in Qatar in the mid 80's they had rats the size of small dogs. They got rid of them by bringing into the country a lot of cats. Now you will be hard pushed to see a rat anywhere over there

And they had no fear of anyone. They were among the biggest I've seen, in Doha that was.

• Like 1