Bodies of missing British expat and Thai wife found buried in garden, three men arrested

Jonathan Fairfield

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a sad thing to happen to a loving couple.

Money creates so many problems here, how cheap is life here? 50.000 baht to commit murder.

Hope the bar stewards rot in jail, police need to get their ar++s in gear and find the b.i.l.

R.I.P. Alan and Nott.

RIP. life is cheap in asia $

12 hours ago, z42 said:

Just horrendous all round. It is good that the killers for hire are in and won't get bail. But once that dirtbag of a brother in law is hauled in I hope bail won't ever be an option.

It would be interesting to discover what kind of motive was behind this. Surely more than just money when one's own kin are getting killed

looks like a lazy good for nothing brother of wife wanted to get money or other property off them and lost face when they refused best not splash money around out in thailand as other family members will want it , best tell them you got no money and live in a small apartment highest floor 2nd so no chance of suicide or being pushed over rail 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to Ch3 news when I was watching it this morning said the brother had asked his sister pay off some debts. This was done with other people present. When she and the husband refused, he became embarrassed, and ultimately enraged..clearly.

Now, I'm not endorsing Ch3 as some beacon of journalistic excellence, but was their report on 'why'

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, transam said:

I am not an apologist, folk posting here about how LOS is so unsafe forget about the stuff that goes on in their own country..My current thoughts about stuff are mainly because for the last month or more l have been watching real life farang  "who done it" programs on tele and how they were solved, and many of the crimes l watched were horrendous...

How many of those shows show police regularly participating in crimes and criminals walking free? 

How many show courts and lawyers that are rotten as a rule?

How many show disproportionately high n numbers of foreigners being specifically targeted for the crimes? 

You're watching TV shows, meant for entertainment, in Western countries that are known to accurately report statistics. 

If they would make an HONEST such program about crime in Thailand, you'd be shocked nearly to death, would pack your duffel bag and run away to another place. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

16 hours ago, z42 said:

t would be interesting to discover what kind of motive was behind this. Surely more than just money when one's own kin are getting killed

Unfortunately here in Thailand money is more than enough to get you killed, even by family members who are jealous of anothers good fortune and they'd lie a piece of the pie!

17 hours ago, z42 said:

Just horrendous all round. It is good that the killers for hire are in and won't get bail. But once that dirtbag of a brother in law is hauled in I hope bail won't ever be an option.

It would be interesting to discover what kind of motive was behind this. Surely more than just money when one's own kin are getting killed

Yes but at this point you could assume that the motive will be a one sided jaded story and we will never hear the other side unfortunately

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

How many of those shows show police regularly participating in crimes and criminals walking free? 

How many show disproportionately high n numbers of foreigners being specifically targeted for the crimes? 

You're watching TV shows, meant for entertainment, in Western countries that are known to accurately report statistics. 

If they would make an HONEST such program about crime in Thailand, you'd be shocked nearly to death, would pack your duffel bag and run away to another place. 

Gawd...Have a lay down chum...

Actually the programs I watch have the actual detectives, whether still working or retired, explaining cases to their conclusion...????

• Like 1

I would like to put it to the Thai people that it is very difficult to dispose the corpse after you murdered someone. I hope when they understand this they will commit less murder.

Are Thais homicidal? I wonder. Americans are no doubt about it. If I were teaching in US I would give all my students good grade just in case they had  guns in their bags. My wife said that is a wise thing to do. She said, Just like them all pass their exams and you still in one good piece.

• Haha 1

Just now, Fex Bluse said:

Now just think for a minute how many marriages there are between Thai women and foreigners with the couple living in Thailand.

Even in our village there are three or four. In the local town quite a few more. If you include the children and close relatives of the wife , there must be an awful lot of Thai people connected to Westerners through marriage.

Now how many of those Westerners get murdered? 

I'm leaving my duffle bag on top of the cupboard. The cobwebs around it are starting to take over but never mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recall another farang killed  some years back after purchasing a new vehicle with the  silly  red plates.

Alot of these vehicles are sent over to Laos and Cambodia and chopped for parts.

The farangs wife may not have been part of the original plan. She may simply have got in the way and was killed to leave no witnesses.

Just sit back and wait for the missing Thai punk to  suddenly reappear. He should have a colourful story to tell.

18 hours ago, MaxLee said:

As long as these standards procedures are going on, no wonder innocent people gotta die.....

Surely there was good reason to hold him a few days more.  Didn't take long to find the bodies and he was obviously a suspect in their disappearance.   I have already had an email from a business partner overseas asking how I get on with my brothers in law here and what financial incentives they might have to off me and Mrs TDH.   He is reading TVF News while on holiday in the USA.  I think we must all give this some thought every now and then.    "There but for the grace etc etc......."  Life is cheap here and I guess most of us have at least a few needy & greedy relatives among the extended family here; (even though we don't like to admit it.)

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

This morning i was making the assumption that brother was used as a bait to catch the other 2 perps.

The 2 perps were caught, and interrogated. They confessed , the brother is caught.

I think the Police did a very good job here.

The family paid the bail, well , in Thailand family ties are stronger than in the West, we know that.

If in fact, the police did that they should have kept a better watch on the brother but glad that he was caught so quickly that is the main goal.

The feud, in my opinion, was all about the money especially with the brother,  50,000 another 100,000 from the family, in general, yes family ties are stronger than having money but in this situation, I think everything the family got came from the marriage of the two but she seems to have turned into a ATM too and no longer view as family?

16 hours ago, kkerry said:

DM latest report has the following: 

Major General Sanpat Praputsra, who has been investigating the case, said: 'Warut Satchakit has been arrested again for the theft of the car and being involved with the murder.

Investigators found that the truck had been sold to nearby hill tribe people for £4,600 who then sold it to a man from Laos for £9,800 in Sukhothai last Friday.

I can't understand why some posters here need to post some of the comments they have, just because this couple were fortunate enough to have had a nice house and a new Ford Ranger. In no way did they deserve this. 

Must admit after reading Millionaire, Ford Ranger, Cow Farm in a Brit Tabloid, i think he Eccentric Millionaire to live like that. Then find hes just normal living in funny place because he wants too.Now they have the Suspect what sort of Circus will be made of this vile crime.Hope his Ferang Friends help Sister now she here.

11 hours ago, overherebc said:

Lost in translation. The other couple were the people who contacted the police when they went to the property to check why they couldn't get in touch by line or phone.

Ah, I wondered about that version of the story. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

6 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

If in fact, the police did that they should have kept a better watch on the brother but glad that he was caught so quickly that is the main goal.

The feud, in my opinion, was all about the money especially with the brother,  50,000 another 100,000 from the family, in general, yes family ties are stronger than having money but in this situation, I think everything the family got came from the marriage of the two but she seems to have turned into a ATM too and no longer view as family?

Well, i am too quite baffled about some other people choices , it's difficult to find rationality behind a horrific crime.

49 minutes ago, car720 said:

Man what a cheap shot.  

You take my response to another person's comment and then you try to add a smart alec answer to that.

The least you could do is show the total context and let those with a brain bigger than a pea make their own conclusions.

I was referring to your "Go with God" comment. That was the only context necessary.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, garyk said:

Wow,  I am curious.  Some of you long time expats here. Was this kind of violence been going on here 10-20 years ago?

Yes. Always has been like this. 10,000 baht is normal for a hit. 

Normally Thai~Thai though but I guess as foreigners have assimilated into the country more and more then eventually they will get caught up in its ugly side. 

Hits range from the average person to ministers in government, sometimes with police involvement. Just a few years ago a border police unit was caught upin kidnapping and extortion. Army and other government officials caught up in human trafficking. The list of serious crimes is substantial. Just google and you'll be amazed at the shit that goes on here. I don't agree with people that says this goes on everywhere, but then, I'm from NZ so to me, this is shocking stuff. I always watch my back here. Keep to people I know we'll. Seriously avoid anyone who is remotely dodgy. Keep yourself and your assets as low key as possible. 

As another member said, there's lots of poverty and drug related crimes here that makes people desperate. Be aware of that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pogal said:

Yes. Always has been like this. 10,000 baht is normal for a hit. 

Normally Thai~Thai though but I guess as foreigners have assimilated into the country more and more then eventually they will get caught up in its ugly side. 

Hits range from the average person to ministers in government, sometimes with police involvement. Just a few years ago a border police unit was caught upin kidnapping and extortion. Army and other government officials caught up in human trafficking. The list of serious crimes is substantial. Just google and you'll be amazed at the shit that goes on here. I don't agree with people that says this goes on everywhere, but then, I'm from NZ so to me, this is shocking stuff. I always watch my back here. Keep to people I know we'll. Seriously avoid anyone who is remotely dodgy. Keep yourself and your assets as low key as possible. 

As another member said, there's lots of poverty and drug related crimes here that makes people desperate. Be aware of that. 

NZ drug killings no worries mate.!