Koh Tao rape claim dismissed by Thai police, citing lack of evidence and no DNA

webfact

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Even more interesting is how you won’t share the link where the UK authorities state they tested the t-shirt and found no semen. 

So after she gave the shirt to the UK police to be tested you think they didn't bother, which would explain the mother's disappointment with the UK police?

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

You're really desperate, aren't you? Somebody touches her shoulder, brushes past her in a crowded pub, that DNA could be absolutely anybody's.

that is true but why not test anyway? they do in most countries to eliminate people from their enquires if nothing else.

of course these clowns are so scared it could match dna found on the hoe, then what?

10 minutes ago, hobz said:

Never been there.. partly due to its reputation.... 

last time i went had changed so much (before the murders) had nomsod staring at me like i was a criminal was a bit freaky, my friend had his iphone stolen

When i lived on koh phangan we used to go for long weekends with the missus, nice longtail trip around the island, fishing and snorkelling, good food , knew quite a few people that have all left since.

my longtail boat friend could not wait to leave (he has now) told me can not make money mafia take it all.

the government pumped money into it, if you like beaches not the place to go they are tiny

oh a friend see a burmese tortured to death by mafia , nice

Edited by jimmynewbie
  • Sad 1

Just now, bannork said:

So after she gave the shirt to the UK police to be tested you think they didn't bother, which would explain the mother's disappointment with the UK police?

Well, If the t-shirt was evidence in an investigation in the jurisdiction of a foreign police force, there’d be no reason for the UK authorities to test it. It could even be seen as being biased. Why would the UK aurhoties test it? Let the Thais do it. Are you suggesting the UK aurhorities would test it just in case the Thai RTP couldn’t be trusted? That isn’t very diplomatic, is it? The RTP are perfectly capable of testing for semen themselves. They’re a professional police force, right? 

Anyway, that’s all moot. You have a link where they UK authorities sate they tested it and found no semen?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

that is true but why not test anyway? they do in most countries to eliminate people from their enquires if nothing else.

of course these clowns are so scared it could match dna found on the hoe, then what?

There is no suspect in this case to match the DNA on her shirt to And what crime is it to have come into contact with someone's shirt? Your reference to the hoe is simply wild conjecture but

since you're so familiar with Koh Tao, why don't you do some sleuth work yourself,  Get your suspect's DNA from a discarded cigarette butt and offer it to the girl's family to compare with that on the t-shirt?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Well, If the t-shirt was evidence in an investigation in the jurisdiction of a foreign police force, there’d be no reason for the UK authorities to test it. It could even be seen as being biased. Why would the UK aurhoties test it? Let the Thais do it. Are you suggesting the UK aurhorities would test it just in case the Thai RTP couldn’t be trusted? That isn’t very diplomatic, is it? The RTP are perfectly capable of testing for semen themselves. They’re a professional police force, right? 

Anyway, that’s all moot. You have a link where they UK authorities sate they tested it and found no semen?  

So you're saying you think the UK authorities simply ignored her request to test the t-shirt?

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

I think the mother might have mentioned that if it was the case,

I think someone ‘might’ have mentioned that the British authorities tested and found no semen also. 

There are two police forces here. One we can trust and one we can’t. The RTP should really state the British authorities have tested also and found no semen. Would be so easy to for the RTP to do and score points. They haven’t. The British haven’t. 

On 10/16/2018 at 5:32 PM, sweatalot said:

gaiving them the shirt without examining it  before in the UK was an incredible mistake.

You mean the UK police who had the T-shirt in possession for almost 4 months didn't bother to examine it?

I think they didn't take the claims serious either then, which would tell you all you need to know, or in fact examined it and found the same as the Thai police.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Well, If the t-shirt was evidence in an investigation in the jurisdiction of a foreign police force, there’d be no reason for the UK authorities to test it. It could even be seen as being biased. Why would the UK aurhoties test it?

The lady filed a rape claim with UK police, not Thai police, so UK police is obliged to check and test the evidence.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

The lady filed a rape claim with UK police, not Thai police, so UK police is obliged to check and test the evidence.

god how many times SHE tried to report to thai police they did not want to know

Many many thai girls will tell you the same

• Sad 1

Just now, jimmynewbie said:
3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

god how many times SHE tried to report to thai police they did not want to know

Many many thai girls will tell you the same

Try to stay on topic when you reply to me.

The question is not how many times she "tried" to claim with Thai police, but that she filed a rape claim with UK police, and that they are obliged to examine the evidence handed to them.

7 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Try to stay on topic when you reply to me.

The question is not how many times she "tried" to claim with Thai police, but that she filed a rape claim with UK police, and that they are obliged to examine the evidence handed to them.

you keep on topic she went to kpg police to report rape they laughed at her

having lived there i know what incompetent prats they really are

15 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Ah, right. So the police on Kho Panghan couldn’t listen to the rape allegation cos it happened on Kho Tao, but the UK police were happy to take evidence and test it for a case 6000 miles away. 

Call me crazy -  but would it not make sense for the British authorities to simply hand over the evidence to the Thai police. It’s their investigation. Why would the British authorities feel the need to test it? Seems like by them handling it and testing it could jeorodize any court proceedings or case. 

The Thai police are apparently perfectly competent to do their own DNA testing. So why would the UK authorities test it? The alleged rape happened in Thailand. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

It would be impossible for her to file a rape claim with the UK police, as they are not able to investigate alleged crimes committed in other jurisdictions. Of course, they would record any relevant information and pass it to the Thai police.

28 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Absolutely not. The UK police would follow normal procedure and preserve any evidence until it could be handed to the appropriate authority.

44 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

You mean the UK police who had the T-shirt in possession for almost 4 months didn't bother to examine it?

UK police are professionals. The evidence would be recorded, bagged, labelled, stored securely, and handed over to the appropriate Thai investigators. Any examination (without the express request of the Thai police/courts) might make the evidence inadmissable in later proceedings.

Whether her story is true or not i always get a laugh attack when i think of the people who really commit these kind of crimes in Koh Tao or elsewhere. They actually managed to convince themselves that they got away with what they did. Such as in Hannah's case. Lmfao at that. They don't go to jail. Their punishment is worse. What goes around does come around. You can break human laws. Easy. But nobody mocks universal laws. 

4 hours ago, jimmynewbie said:

if you have been to death island it can be confusing, lots of ways down to beach, the main area has 3 7 11's within 50metres, i got a bit confused and been there over 10 times

rubbish, there is a path running most of the length of the beach, you either walk left or right depending where youre staying ...you should know that seeing as you've been there 10 times, now there is one 711 at the end of this path which is the Sairee cross roads, there have never been 3.

Edited by frank83628
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

rubbish, there is a path running most of the length of the beach, you either walk left or right depending where youre staying ...you should know that seeing as you've been there 10 times, now there is one 711 at the end of this path which is the Sairee cross roads, there have never been 3.

I Meant you can walk down to the beach along the path at various points

really only one? one on road near simple life, one on the path 2 mins away just past the small bar selling only laughing gas.  . sure there was one more nearby too might be wrong probably changed since ive been anyway

why are they so expensive?

I remember when there was not much at all on the path you had to walk quite far towards the pier, cave bar i remember nice old man ran it the girl used to give me a lift back to simple life. Last time i went the path was full of shops, bars, hotels pharmacy etc..

Edited by jimmynewbie

11 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I think someone ‘might’ have mentioned that the British authorities tested and found no semen also. 

There are two police forces here. One we can trust and one we can’t. The RTP should really state the British authorities have tested also and found no semen. Would be so easy to for the RTP to do and score points. They haven’t. The British haven’t. 

The police will disclose the results to the family and let them decide what they want to do with it. 

It would be irresponsible of them to announce the results to the public as this wasn’t a crime in the UK and the work was conducted at the family’s request. 

If they didn’t find semen it would be interpreted by some that the girl is lying when it only means there wasn’t any traces of semen on the shirt. 

16 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Here we go again, no link just your memory - we are to believe...

BigC stand for Big Chang by any chance?

Get your own links I don’t need to be judged or justify anything to you 

just FYI I tried to upload a screen shot from a link i site I didn’t get the link but the file was too big plus I don’t care about you. It’s all up there online. I am not getting into a long argument with you 

I am not a judge neither are you 

even if I provided a link and so did you then how can be authentic the link.

my opinion is that she is lying if you disagree with me then fine but don’t bash me for it. Jesus just what I believe or should I be bashed believing I am right and interrogated 

even if if I had no links no reference I still

have the right to decide based on what I see if she was lying or not

just as you do

i am done with arguing with you. 

If you disagree greed with me that’s your right 

just leave it

36 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

The police will disclose the results to the family and let them decide what they want to do with it. 

It would be irresponsible of them to announce the results to the public as this wasn’t a crime in the UK and the work was conducted at the family’s request. 

If they didn’t find semen it would be interpreted by some that the girl is lying when it only means there wasn’t any traces of semen on the shirt. 

You’re implying? 

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

You’re implying? 

That the British police have disclosed the results to the family. 

Makes no sense that they would agree to test, take the t-shirt, sit on it for weeks, and then pass it over without having done the testing they said they would. 

The mother would be outraged if that happened. 

2 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

That the British police have disclosed the results to the family. 

Makes no sense that they would agree to test, take the t-shirt, sit on it for weeks, and then pass it over without having done the testing they said they would. 

The mother would be outraged if that happened. 

Where did they say they would/have tested the t-shirt? 

15 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Was in one of the UK papers, I think Daily Mail. Will check when I get home. 

This one mentions handing over a t-shirt with DNA to the UK police- http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/08/22/koh-tao-cops-unaware-of-reported-rape-of-british-tourist/

And the article published earlier on TV mentions the Thai police received the t-shirt from the UK police. 

If the UK police didn’t test it means they sat on the evidence for weeks doing nothing. 

1 minute ago, Crash999 said:

Was in one of the UK papers, I think Daily Mail. Will check when I get home. 

This one mentions handing over a t-shirt with DNA to the UK police- http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/08/22/koh-tao-cops-unaware-of-reported-rape-of-british-tourist/

And the article published earlier on TV mentions the Thai police received the t-shirt from the UK police. 

If the UK police didn’t test it means they sat on the evidence for weeks doing nothing. 

Again, where did the UK authorities specifically state ‘they’ tested the t-shirt and didn’t find any traces of semen? 

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

As I understand it the initial rape complaint was made to the UK Police and the Tee shirt was supplied as possible evidence.

In this instance, the job of the UK Police would be to undertake an initial investigation of the information supplied to them and, if necessary, report their findings to the Royal Thai Police through diplomatic channels.

It would be totally irresponsible of the UK Police not to test the Tee shirt as part of that initial investigation and supply those initial findings in that report. Although the family would be 'kept in the loop' as to the contents of that report they, the Police, would definitely not make those findings to either the media or the general public, indeed it would be irresponsible of them to release any information at all, other than a basic outline of the complaint that's been made.

When have the UK Police ever released all the information they have when investigating a crime to the public domain as a matter of course????? I would suggest NEVER. They only ever release snippets in the hope of gleaning further information from the public.

As to the male DNA found on the Tee shirt, the RTP say they have eliminated it and, bearing in mind the UK Police have that information, it's possible that it's either a European DNA (her mother initially said it was a Thai looking remarkably similar to a local that killed the two Britsh people a couple of years ago that attacked her daughter) or was in such insignificant amounts that it was caused by simply bushing up against somebody. And remember she was sharing her room with FOUR 'falang' backpackers at the time of the alleged rape attack. It's a possibility that their DNA is likely to be on the Tee shirt as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sumrit said:

As I understand it the initial rape complaint was made to the UK Police and the Tee shirt was supplied as possible evidence.

In this instance, the job of the UK Police would be to undertake an initial investigation of the information supplied to them and, if necessary, report their findings to the Royal Thai Police through diplomatic channels.

It would be totally irresponsible of the UK Police not to test the Tee shirt as part of that initial investigation and supply those initial findings in that report. Although the family would be 'kept in the loop' as to the contents of that report they, the Police, would definitely not make those findings to either the media or the general public, indeed it would be irresponsible of them to release any information at all, other than a basic outline of the complaint that's been made.

When have the UK Police ever released all the information they have when investigating a crime to the public domain as a matter of course????? I would suggest NEVER. They only ever release snippets in the hope of gleaning further information from the public.

As to the male DNA found on the Tee shirt, the RTP say they have eliminated it and, bearing in mind the UK Police have that information, it's possible that it's either a European DNA (her mother initially said it was a Thai looking remarkably similar to a local that killed the two Britsh people a couple of years ago that attacked her daughter) or was in such insignificant amounts that it was caused by simply bushing up against somebody. And remember she was sharing her room with FOUR 'falang' backpackers at the time of the alleged rape attack. It's a possibility that their DNA is likely to be on the Tee shirt as well.

They have never once stated they tested the t-shirt and found anything. After the whole 2014 shitshow you think the UK police might wanna be more proactive in helping make a case against one of their own more credible. They haven’t.

Stop giving assumptions and simply point to where they said they’ve tested it. They haven’t.