The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

13 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think the sensible think is to give him a rest / drop him. I heard somewhere that he'd played the most minutes in football in the world last season, that + his form and the media spotlight must be draining.

But there are other elements at play here. For example, as captain I'm sure his pride will make him want to 'stand up and be counted'.

Very interesting to see what Ole does. 

He played every game for United

'Maybe we will only have 11 players available': PSG boss Thomas Tuchel facing selection nightmare for Manchester United Champions League clash as he could be missing up to EIGHT first-team stars

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8845879/PSG-boss-Thomas-Tuchel-facing-selection-nightmare-Manchester-United-Champions-League-clash.html

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

He played every game for United

Yes he did. And I think playing every minute of every game is something which he is proud of. That's what makes me think he won't take a rest voluntarily.

I think Ole just needs to convince him to take a rest for his own good, and get the rest of the squad backing him to do so (both publically and in the dressing room). Most captains don't just take a couple of weeks off because they are tired, I think the are aware how it looks to the other players.

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

'Maybe we will only have 11 players available': PSG boss Thomas Tuchel facing selection nightmare for Manchester United Champions League clash as he could be missing up to EIGHT first-team stars

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8845879/PSG-boss-Thomas-Tuchel-facing-selection-nightmare-Manchester-United-Champions-League-clash.html

Looks like Mpbappe will be playing so we will have plenty to worry about. 

• Like 1

As predicted Maguire is in no man's land and you heard it first here. So anyone that thought myself or others were talking tosh. 

So as mentioned months ago. Solskjaer is a goner within 5-6 games with or without Maguire he is dead cert to go.

Realistic replacements:

Pochetino

Ancelotti - I'd be wanting this appointment over all of them if was Manure

Wild cards.

Eddie howe

Mark hughes

Ancelotti a shrewd operator and has likely factored possible vacancies close by and why the hell not. Pep the fallen genius is shaky, United have not had any stability for nearly a decade and worst case scenario for him he stays at everton.

11 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

As predicted Maguire is in no man's land and you heard it first here. So anyone that thought myself or others were talking tosh. 

So as mentioned months ago. Solskjaer is a goner within 5-6 games with or without Maguire he is dead cert to go.

Realistic replacements:

Pochetino

Ancelotti - I'd be wanting this appointment over all of them if was Manure

Wild cards.

Eddie howe

Mark hughes

Ancelotti a shrewd operator and has likely factored possible vacancies close by and why the hell not. Pep the fallen genius is shaky, United have not had any stability for nearly a decade and worst case scenario for him he stays at everton.

Can't see Ancelotti leaving his project that is on an upward trajectory to pick up the pieces at United. The Ev are looking good.  

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

On 10/14/2020 at 6:50 AM, ChipButty said:

Matic, Bruno and Van De Beek in midfield. So much more energy and purpose. Bench Pogba for a few games and use as an impact player when required because he gives the opposition more than he gives us, nothing but lethargy. Give Van de Beek his chance and i guarantee we look better balanced and with more intensity going forward and defending. Then Pogba can go to a Mickey mouse club in January.

I'm not sure what 'Micky Mouse' club would have him.

At 300k a week, Pogba is no bargain. I also don't think he would be positive influence at any club.

Just a waste of time and money.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I'm not sure what 'Micky Mouse' club would have him.

At 300k a week he is not a bargain. I also don't think he is a particularly positive at any club.

Just a waste of money.

If and when he does move on he'll want more than his 300k and plus that maggot of an agent his fee's

• Like 1

No doubt about you deserving that win albeit against a poor Newcastle performance. 

Was surprised at OLS starting 11 tbh and showed a bit of metal. 

Also have to say say that as one of Maguires biggest critics he showed some balls wanting to play. 

Would of been easy to use the knock picked up in the England game as an excuse that OLS had paved the way for. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

Wondering wether Bruce  is regretting not using his last sub to change his keeper... Not  Sayin it defo would have altered the result however..... Given the  last result and yesterday's start. A good battling comeback and a result  to reflect. Defence still a work in progress ... But then give me a prem teams that's not.  

23 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Hard to gauge against a poor side, bigger tests to come defensively but leaving out Pogba was the right call. 

Kadilo what is your fantasy team called?

Excellent come back last night by the way. The fact it was such a 'Spursy' capitulation even with Jose as manager made it even better.

Edited by RickG16

Hear from United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Bruno Fernandes, who will captain the Reds in Paris on Tuesday night, ahead of our UEFA Champions League season opener against last season's runners-up Paris Saint-Germain!

Like if Bruno should be captain in every game

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

The team almost picks itself now assuming Henderson is our cup keeper...Maguire being injured

-------------------------------------Henderson----------------------------------
Williams--McTominay---Lindeloff--------Shaw-------Telles
--------------------Pogba----------------------------Matic---------------------
---------------------------------------Bruno------------------------------------
---------------------Martial--------------------Rashford----------------------

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Not sure about that mate. You don't think Ole will play Pogba in Paris? No Tunezabe? No James or Mata after they played so well at weekend?

We shall see.

I thought Mata made a big difference to the side, with his guile and accuracy and hope he is at least on the bench.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I thought Mata made a big difference to the side, with his guile and accuracy and hope he is at least on the bench.

Would have thought so. When someone is in that good form why not play them?

Really don't have a clue which side he will play. Fred had an excellent game in Paris last time so might come into the reckoning.