The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Not me, my dad brainwashed me from a very early age but the majority of kids who I grew up with where reds

Sad to see Keith Hill get the chop. 5 defeats on the bounce did for him. I hope he gets something else PDQ.

17 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Oldham's is not a blue area and what's that big gap inbetween? Is that ancoats and collyhurst?  Even you know they are red areas

All the way along Oldham road are red Newton Heath the birth place and failsworth 

This is from bluemoon mate they make it up as they go.

No way city have that many blue dots in greater Manchester. ????

19 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Oldham's is not a blue area and what's that big gap inbetween? Is that ancoats and collyhurst?  Even you know they are red areas

All the way along Oldham road are red Newton Heath the birth place and failsworth 

I didn't produce the map; it's based on statistics. Statistics.

• Confused 1

Well that was lucky or was it ?  

But what a game, you can't go wrong with Ole, can you ?

Ole at the wheel, magic gonna happen.  

But I am just waiting for it to stop, surely he can't carry on like this for the rest of the season ? Or can he ? 

I'm just happy we already played you this season. Now do us a favor and beat Arsenal. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

They are United of Manchester now.

15 hours ago, Spidey said:

Not in hiding. Was the first person to post in this thread. Stopped posting more recently because of the number of trolls on this thread. Fortunately the king of the trolls hasn't posted lately, probably because we're now in touching distance of Spurs.

1-2 to United at half time.

I took a look back to the beginning of this thread on 4 December 2018.

With ManU no longer ripping it up, the original thread had been struggling along for some time - almost but not quite as badly as the Arsenal one - and was kept alive pretty much by Rick on his lonesome; fair play to him, it's not easy when all the other teams are doing better and you're having to take it (isn't that right mrboj eh - you and me circa 2006 on here).

This thread opened around the time of Maureen's sacking and there was just Rick; trying to defend Maureen. 

Chippy joined later that month and chipped in. 

It wasn't until Ole was appointed and started winning that all the ManU fans started coming out of the woodwork. 

ManU fans hiding, maybe not, but apathetic when its not going your way, definitely, and you lot know it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I took a look back to the beginning of this thread on 4 December 2018.

With ManU no longer ripping it up, the original thread had been struggling along for some time - almost but not quite as badly as the Arsenal one - and was kept alive pretty much by Rick on his lonesome; fair play to him, it's not easy when all the other teams are doing better and you're having to take it (isn't that right mrboj eh - you and me circa 2006 on here).

This thread opened around the time of Maureen's sacking and there was just Rick; trying to defend Maureen. 

Chippy joined later that month and chipped in. 

It wasn't until Ole was appointed and started winning that all the ManU fans started coming out of the woodwork. 

ManU fans hiding, maybe not, but apathetic when its not going your way, definitely, and you lot know it.

I made the first post on this thread. It noted the number of trolls on the old thread. It was deleted. People who take exception to trolls are the ones that get silenced. I even received a suspension for fighting back against the trolls. I eventually stopped posting. Pointless. Make of that what you will.

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If its based on facts or statistics how can it be bollicks?

What's wrong, you from a blue area  and can't handle it :cheesy:

You know fine well I'm not from a blue area 

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If its based on facts or statistics how can it be bollicks?

What's wrong, you from a blue area  and can't handle it :cheesy:

It's not fact, it was a survey taken in the MEN and something like 3000 people took part, Better off reading the words of Mr Manchester himself Tony Wilson (rip) he kew the score on the red v blue debate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nev said:

It's not fact, it was a survey taken in the MEN and something like 3000 people took part, Better off reading the words of Mr Manchester himself Tony Wilson (rip) he kew the score on the red v blue debate.

Tony Wilson; the newsreader and record label Tony Wilson? Never heard of him being mentioned as a mancunian football guru though i heard he was a dirty red. 

He lived in Marple on Strines Road. I went to school there. Another Stockport blue area  eh Nev ????

Edited by Bredbury Blue

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

You know fine well I'm not from a blue area 

In fairness, what were recognised red or blue / protestant or Catholic areas we knew in the 60s and 70s are now not necessarily  the same these days (council overspill, people move around, some areas improve, etc).

20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

This being what?

City have broken UEFA FFP rules in previous year(s), and we may be banned from the CL. I'm absolutely fine with that, but I'm guessing City's owners won't be, so it might lead to a messy legal challenge.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Tony Wilson; the newsreader and record label Tony Wilson? Never heard of him being mentioned as a mancunian football guru though i heard he was a dirty red. 

He lived in Marple on Strines Road. I went to school there. Another Stockport blue area  eh Nev ????

He is famous for quotes mate and not a real football guru, The one about city pedaling the myth that the city is blue is spot on.

https://ilovemanchester.com/man-united-fans-dont-come-from-manchester-and-other-myths/

You can read it on here.

He also started the Hacienda and factory records and some top Manchester bands.

Just because you spot another blue in your kappa jacket doesn't mean the area is blue mate.

Edited by nev

1 hour ago, nev said:

He is famous for quotes mate and not a real football guru, The one about city pedaling the myth that the city is blue is spot on.

https://ilovemanchester.com/man-united-fans-dont-come-from-manchester-and-other-myths/

You can read it on here.

He also started the Hacienda and factory records and some top Manchester bands.

Just because you spot another blue in your kappa jacket doesn't mean the area is blue mate.

Do you remember Tony Wilson on 'So it goes'? Seemed revolutionary at the time playing punk/new wave on tv. 

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

The ball has almost reached his arm and he is still looking directly at the ball.
Look how much daylight there is between arm and body.... 

3.JPG

Its dangerous to judge things on stills. Judge on video in realtime not slowmotion as timing comes in to it.

Ps. Surprised you're bringing up the penalty again; thought we'd all moved on yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Do you remember Tony Wilson on 'So it goes'? Seemed revolutionary at the time playing punk/new wave on tv. 

It's the same Tony Wilson he did music shows and interviews and Granada reports too.

9 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The ball has almost reached his arm and he is still looking directly at the ball.
Look how much daylight there is between arm and body.... 

3.JPG

Penalty all day long, It only keeps coming up because United got it, When the likes of Salah goes down like he has been shot after the slightest touch no one even discusses it, But us it goes on for days ????

• Like 2