Brexit bedlam - May's EU divorce deal crushed by 230 votes in parliament

webfact

5 minutes ago, JAG said:

Although the House of Commons was united in voting down Mrs Maya deal, they are far from united in why they voted it down. The opposition party (Labour) voted against the government for party reasons. SNP. Plaid Cymru and Lib Dems because they oppose leaving the EU. The DUP because of the effect it would have on Northern Ireland.

The government rebels (and there were a lot) voted because they rejected the deal, not because they opposed leaving the EU.

So whilst it is correct to say that Parliament is divided it is not right to say that it wishes to remain in the EU.

Or.

Your assertions on why individual MPs voted the way they did may be misinformed.

In which case, so is your conclusion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Parliament can pass as many motions and amendments as it wants, by law we have to leave at the end of March, unless it is agreed to revoke article 50. To extend art 50 we need approval of all other 27 nations.

I wouldn't get too smug at this time, there is still quite a journey ahead of us.

Parliament can also repeal the law.

• Like 1

I wouldn't get too smug at this time, there is still quite a journey ahead of us.

The Remainers can plot and scheme behind the scenes all they like.
Corbyn can play petty party politics all he likes, distracting from the most important matter in a generation.
The EU can continue to obstruct and meddle as much as they like too.
We still have a law in place that we Leave on 29th March.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

Mays my way or the Highway has come back to haunt her 

its been a complete Dogs breakfast from the start  2 years and we are no way forward

the last thing thing we need is Corbyn and Labour trying to get back in 

which wont happen ( I have been known to be wrong ) 

I think people here on Thai Visa will be more concerned about the pound

interesting times coming up  

Shackelton, Halifax, Bristol (Boy) what the Focke, Wulf?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, keemapoot said:

Rigid, static, dogmatic democracy not allowing change for changing circumstances while maintaining democratic institutions, is as unproductive as no democracy.

So which "no democracy" are you selling? Is it the Extreme Right version or the Extreme Left version?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1