Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

The Swans biggest game will be Rd 23. They have a very, very poor record against Richmond even at the SCG.

they will smash em mate. Tippett, Jones, McVeigh. Laidler and maybe bumble head Reid will all be back.

sorry Will... we are sending Sinclair the Stinker back to u guys once Tippet is back.

Naismith can be second ruck.

withTippett and Bumblehead Reid back it will be a different side...

Swans are about to begin a decade of domination.. might start next year if Jaeger O Meara joins us or 2018 when Fyfe comes over but it's coming.

Be afraid other clubs... be very afraid

• Like 1

The Swans biggest game will be Rd 23. They have a very, very poor record against Richmond even at the SCG.

they will smash em mate. Tippett, Jones, McVeigh. Laidler and maybe bumble head Reid will all be back.

sorry Will... we are sending Sinclair the Stinker back to u guys once Tippet is back.

Swans are about to begin a decade of domination.. might start next year if Jaeger O Meara joins us or 2018 when Fyfe comes over but it's coming.

Richmond are diabolical at the minute.

Surprised Hardwick has kept his job.

We will only take Sinkers back if you take back Jetta.

Extended through 2017 even...

We sent u a bona fide Afl player in Jetta that you guys have made into a barely passable reserve .

ON top of that we have had to put Sinclair through Ruck and marking school

We need some outside run but to be honest Jetta had given up the ghost most of his final year with us anyway.

I reckon both teams were glatp offload a dud

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

This was on the Swans website

The full finalised Round 23 fixture below (all times local)

Friday August 26
Adelaide Crows v West Coast at Adelaide Oval, 7.40pm (Channel 7)

Saturday August 27
Geelong Cats v Melbourne at Simonds Stadium, 1.45pm (Channel 7)
Essendon v Carlton at the MCG, 2.10pm (Foxtel / Fox Sports)
Sydney Swans v Richmond at the SCG, 4.35pm (Foxtel / Fox Sports)
North Melbourne v GWS Giants at Etihad Stadium, 7.25pm (Channel 7)
Gold Coast Suns v Port Adelaide at Metricon Stadium, 7.25pm (Foxtel / Fox Sports)

Sunday August 28
St Kilda v Brisbane Lions at Etihad Stadium, 1.10pm (Foxtel / Fox Sports)

Fremantle v Western Bulldogs at Domain Stadium, 2.40pm (Foxtel / Fox Sports)
Hawthorn v Collingwood at the MCG, 3.20pm (Channel 7)

• Like 2

Who wants McCartin? Can't give him away, 3 concussions this year and a total of 7 in his Career one more will see him done for good which isn't a bad thing for the saints as he is a waste of space anyway.

That dishevelled drunk looks like Tezza at the Old Melbourne. If so, went there myself to see the show, distant memory recalls the Old Melbourne but definite venue for boxing with Brad Hardie of Sth Freo who was a pretty gun boxer like most of the Freo boys then as Jacko attests in interview.

Edited by mamborobert
  • Like 2

Woah, it was like watching a car crash.

Yeah that was bad, I think Mike blew it out of proportion a little bit but Jacko's lost the plot, going round and round in circles. Looks like there was a fair bit of editing gone on as well - despite Gerrard saying on 360 that it was unedited but it seems it was the article that Mike wrote about Jacko right after his Dad died of a heartattack is what holds the animosity for Jacko but saying that he'd wish Mike'd die of cancer was probably a bit much.

I was then thinking about what Jacko was saying that nobody liked Mike or respected him, so decided to go back through a few episodes, bumped into Jacko's mate Warwick Capper's episode... Never been a fan of Capper post footy and the two of them are as thick as thieves, but have to say, Capper's footy career was nothing to be snubbed at and is nowhere near the narcissist that Jacko is during or post footy.

I think Mike's a big boy and he'll be alright ;)

• Like 2

Cant bring myself to spend one minute of my life to watch this turds interview.

Anyone who king hits a player who has eyes on the ball attempting to take a mark is lower than a piece of worm snot.

What a #anker jacko was.

Thank fully AFL is populated with players of a far higher integrity than this bit of S#IT!!

• Like 1

WayoutinfrontWILL is comfortably smoking his pipe now were at the business end of the season, money in the bank seemingly, 2 up 5 rounds to go does it best when the pressures on...your my man WILL your the leader...

Well you wont be getting nervous its the pack that has to stick there necks out and with that we shall preview some of the 50/50 games of the coming round.....

Fridays nights game Cats at home to the Dogs who would have been disappointed to loose to the very quick Saints, Cats wont be as greasy and quick but there formidable....Cats dont loose to many especially at home but they haven't stamped there authority on the league either, injures are hurting the pups yet they turn up the heat week in week out well coached and should be a preview to some hard and fast finals type footy WILL.

Clueless Tigers up against GWS at home hard one to loose but...but Hardwick has put the blow torch on his cubs there now playing for a place in next years team, was only last year that the Tigers were looking like GF material WILL they or wont they?

The Pies at home to WCE, Pies turn to play well Eagles fell in against the Dee's, the coasters dont travel ho so well, WILL likes his Eagles but Pies play well on the MCG and there are a few Pies playing for a spot on the list for next season....gees I've almost convinced myself, this is an iffy game coasters haven't been killing to many just getting over the line Pies on the other hand had been expected to be playing finals footy this year WILL this be the game that was expected?

North against the Slick Saints, can Chookas boys do it again? Can North stop the quick Saints? With a win finally under there belt will it steady the ship? Looking good for along time looking like dads army lately another slip up and its just 4 points outside the 8, who WILL pick the Saints?

Dee's at the G against the Suns, another 50/50, Suns have picked up the ball and are now running with it while the Dee's have learned to play 4 quarters, doubling inside 50's against the Eagles and not winning tells a story, and the story might not be a good one this week either, a tight game is assured WILL.

Hawks will be practicing goal shooting this saturday but if there ever was going to be an upset this is it, no one knows better the Hawks than the Blues coach, a roughie? you bet WILL.

Lions win last week will spirt the guys on and who should they be playing....Port...that team that drops in and out, up in Brisbane 3 games out of the 8 Port can kiss there season goodbye nothing to play for is this an omen?

Some genuine iffy games again this week will we see some more hari kari?

AlexRRR, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were playing mind games with ustongue.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

That dishevelled drunk looks like Tezza at the Old Melbourne. If so, went there myself to see the show, distant memory recalls the Old Melbourne but definite venue for boxing with Brad Hardie of Sth Freo who was a pretty gun boxer like most of the Freo boys then as Jacko attests in interview.

The show I saw was at The Blue (or Blue Bone) Club in Northbridge. Run by bikies at the time. Now called Voodoo Lounge or Rocket Club.

Last time I went to the Old Melbourne was many years ago to see Eric Burdon perform. Didn't get up that end of town often.

I can attest to the boxing habits of Fremantle sides. Most of the on field blues I had involved those a/h...'s. An East Freo player once broke my nose with a sneak hit in a pack. No blood rule or interchange in those days, a trainer with a towel mopped up the blood, told me my nose was spread across my face and to get back into it.

There are reasons I hate the current Freo side!

• Like 1

Anyone who king hits a player who has eyes on the ball attempting to take a mark is lower than a piece of worm snot.

What a #anker jacko was.

Thank fully AFL is populated with players of a far higher integrity than this bit of S#IT!!

Don't hold back joboss.

Tell us what you really think.

• Like 2

What a #anker jacko was.

Don't hold back joboss.

In one of the clips shown, Leigh Matthews did a pretty cowardly hit behind play. I think it was the incident Jacko referred to about assault charges being laid for an on-field incident.

• Like 1

What a #anker jacko was.

Don't hold back joboss.

As my late Father would say;

Put a bullet in it before it breeds

What a #anker jacko was.

Don't hold back joboss.

Right Right Right Right Right Right Right

Jacko said a lot more but he did show his intelligence. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

What I really wanted to say was that Callum Sinclair will not be playing for the Swans against Freo. He has a had knee operation.

wat!!!++

wow... that will be up to Namkervis and Naismith to ruck...

or worse... deriycxz back in

id say we could debut another player but I don't think we can upgrade any more rookies..

Swans could drop a game here...

• Like 1

What I really wanted to say was that Callum Sinclair will not be playing for the Swans against Freo. He has a had knee operation.

wat!!!++

id say we could debut another player but I don't think we can upgrade any more rookies..

Sarcastic,,, but it would be a nice gesture for us Pav lovers.
  • Like 2

wat!!!++

I take it you'll be tipping Freo BM?

• Like 2

wat!!!++

I take it you'll be tipping Freo BM?

Correct. I might well be tipping Freo. We were almost done by Carlton last week and it seems clear Tomyy Tradebait is leaving so he has caught some Jetta-itis and decided he will turn up but not turn it on.

IF u want the rest of my tips for the round mate just PM like usual

• Like 1

I should add...this is the kind of team Sydney is fielding the last couple of months:

Mills 19yrs
Heeney 20yrs
Papley 20yrs
Rose 20yrs
Hewett 20yrs
Aliir 21yrs
Jones 21yrs
Lloyd 22yrs
Nankervis 21yrs

Just a crew of boys doing the heavy lifting

wat!!!++

As long as Horse leaves Towers off in the last 2 minutes we should be ok! Hahahah

Starting to sound like 2012 all over again, when we had big Mummy out with a busted knee as well, big old Lumberjack stepped in for a cameo and away we went and the rest is, as they say, history...

As far as rucking goes, we should do alright, most of the sides we face - except for North (but we should have Cinderella back in) - have all lost their number 1 ruckman and I also think young Naismith's up to it. Nankervis, I not so sure about...

Horse will probably throw a curveball and have Aliir as the back up option...

Could be worse, we could be the Doggies..

• Like 2

Was watching this and thought it was very untidy by Slobbo.

Let's get a champ on the show, tell him you think he's basically played crap this year, went on to long and then

bring up a criticism from years ago.

No mention of All Australian honours, leading goalkicking,F& b's etc etc.

Then for the rest of the show pulls himself stupid over Jimmy Bartel ( who seems like a great bloke BTW) and Boomerbah.gif

Docker Matthew Pavlich shirtfronts AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson after insult

Retiring Fremantle great Matthew Pavlich has been forced to vigorously defend his decision to play on in 2016.

AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson copped a smackdown from Pavlich on the popular Fox Footy program ahead of his 350th game against Sydney this Sunday at Domain Stadium.

Pavlich, 34, appeared stunned at first before gathering his composure and returning fire at the veteran Melbourne scribe.

"You may not have watched too much football Robbo, that would probably be my retort, particularly Fremantle games, if that's the way you've sort of viewed the year," Pavlich said.

"I feel like I've contributed really strongly to the team. It's been a challenging year, we haven't really got the ball in our forward half anywhere near as much as we'd like, and as a forward

you're always a byproduct of what's happening up the field.

"I don't have any regrets, I'm really content with my decision to play on. In a lot of ways, I'm extremely fulfilled by it."

Pavlich's predecessor as captain, Peter Bell, said he couldn't believe the disrespect Robinson showed the retiring champion, who captained Fremantle for nine seasons and will retire as its greatest player.

"His form hasn't dropped this year... it has been a tremendously disappointing year for Fremantle and you can make of it what you will but clearly Matthew Pavlich is still the best Fremantle key forward," Bell said.

"Pav's a big boy and I really didn't want to give this air because it distracts from the celebration of his career but it didn't leave me feeling that good.

"Whether you like Pav, love him or hate him, I don't think he deserved it.

"I found it stark the difference in Robbo's treatment of another great player in James Bartel, on the same night."

"He would actually be cringing that I brought this up again, that's the sort of person he is."

Bell, a friend and former teammate of Pavlich and now a board member at Fremantle, said he was flabbergasted with Robinson's line of questioning.

"Why would you get on a champion of the game in the twilight of his career, celebrating a 350-game milestone and then in a short little interview ask two questions that

in my humble opinion were disrespectful and inappropriate in the circumstances," Bell said.

"Surely you've had the time to prepare some questions."

Bell also berated Robinson for raising criticism of Pavlich's perceived lack of leadership aired by former St Kilda coach Grant Thomas several years ago.

"He used it as an opportunity to rehash criticisms that were highly contentious at the time and many would say highly without merit at the time. Why would you bother?" Bell said.

"By all means if it's a 30-minute expose you can bring up whatever you like, whatever you like, you can highlight the good, and the bad."

Pavlich told AFL 360 he would enter retirement happy he had left no stone unturned to get a premiership and every last inch out of his body.

"I really feel now, with these last four or five rounds to go, that by the end of that the sponge will be absolutely, complete wrung dry," he said.

"I'll have nothing left to give and feeling quite fulfilled."

Despite the team's poor performance, he had enjoyed "little wins" this season, including seeing the development of some of Fremantle's gun youngsters.

"In some ways, I can leave some type of legacy about hard work, determination and fighting through when times are tough," he said.

Pavlich, a six-time All-Australian and six-time best and fairest winner, has played more games (349) than any other AFL footballer from a WA club, with second-placed Eagle Dean Cox miles behind on 290.

The number four pick in the 1999 draft may be below his absolute best this season but he has led admirably, been effective and performed at a level above many of his teammates.

"He's been unbelievable this year, considering the season that Fremantle has had," Bell said.

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon said he had wanted to see Pavlich - who won the minor premiership with Fremantle last season and was critical to the club earning its first grand final appearance in 2013 - retire with a flag to his name.

"We wish this year could have been a bit different. But at the end of the day it's still a pleasure to work with Matthew... he is quite miraculous in a lot of ways," Lyon said of his ability to perform at a high level for so long.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

As long as Horse leaves Towers off in the last 2 minutes we should be ok! Hahahah

Starting to sound like 2012 all over again, when we had big Mummy out with a busted knee as well, big old Lumberjack stepped in for a cameo and away we went and the rest is, as they say, history...

As far as rucking goes, we should do alright, most of the sides we face - except for North (but we should have Cinderella back in) - have all lost their number 1 ruckman and I also think young Naismith's up to it. Nankervis, I not so sure about...

Horse will probably throw a curveball and have Aliir as the back up option...

Could be worse, we could be the Doggies..

Looks like Horse's is following this thread... In his presser just a moment ago...

"Aliir has done some ruck work for us on the reserves so we feel as though we have a few options."

• Like 1

Was watching this and thought it was very untidy by Slobbo.

Let's get a champ on the show, tell him you think he's basically played crap this year, went on to long and then

bring up a criticism from years ago.

No mention of All Australian honours, leading goalkicking,F& b's etc etc.

Then for the rest of the show pulls himself stupid over Jimmy Bartel ( who seems like a great bloke BTW) and Boomerbah.gif

Docker Matthew Pavlich shirtfronts AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson after insult

Retiring Fremantle great Matthew Pavlich has been forced to vigorously defend his decision to play on in 2016.

AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson copped a smackdown from Pavlich on the popular Fox Footy program ahead of his 350th game against Sydney this Sunday at Domain Stadium.

Pavlich, 34, appeared stunned at first before gathering his composure and returning fire at the veteran Melbourne scribe.

"You may not have watched too much football Robbo, that would probably be my retort, particularly Fremantle games, if that's the way you've sort of viewed the year," Pavlich said.

"I feel like I've contributed really strongly to the team. It's been a challenging year, we haven't really got the ball in our forward half anywhere near as much as we'd like, and as a forward

you're always a byproduct of what's happening up the field.

"I don't have any regrets, I'm really content with my decision to play on. In a lot of ways, I'm extremely fulfilled by it."

Pavlich's predecessor as captain, Peter Bell, said he couldn't believe the disrespect Robinson showed the retiring champion, who captained Fremantle for nine seasons and will retire as its greatest player.

"His form hasn't dropped this year... it has been a tremendously disappointing year for Fremantle and you can make of it what you will but clearly Matthew Pavlich is still the best Fremantle key forward," Bell said.

"Pav's a big boy and I really didn't want to give this air because it distracts from the celebration of his career but it didn't leave me feeling that good.

"Whether you like Pav, love him or hate him, I don't think he deserved it.

"I found it stark the difference in Robbo's treatment of another great player in James Bartel, on the same night."

"He would actually be cringing that I brought this up again, that's the sort of person he is."

Bell, a friend and former teammate of Pavlich and now a board member at Fremantle, said he was flabbergasted with Robinson's line of questioning.

"Why would you get on a champion of the game in the twilight of his career, celebrating a 350-game milestone and then in a short little interview ask two questions that

in my humble opinion were disrespectful and inappropriate in the circumstances," Bell said.

"Surely you've had the time to prepare some questions."

Bell also berated Robinson for raising criticism of Pavlich's perceived lack of leadership aired by former St Kilda coach Grant Thomas several years ago.

"He used it as an opportunity to rehash criticisms that were highly contentious at the time and many would say highly without merit at the time. Why would you bother?" Bell said.

"By all means if it's a 30-minute expose you can bring up whatever you like, whatever you like, you can highlight the good, and the bad."

Pavlich told AFL 360 he would enter retirement happy he had left no stone unturned to get a premiership and every last inch out of his body.

"I really feel now, with these last four or five rounds to go, that by the end of that the sponge will be absolutely, complete wrung dry," he said.

"I'll have nothing left to give and feeling quite fulfilled."

Despite the team's poor performance, he had enjoyed "little wins" this season, including seeing the development of some of Fremantle's gun youngsters.

"In some ways, I can leave some type of legacy about hard work, determination and fighting through when times are tough," he said.

Pavlich, a six-time All-Australian and six-time best and fairest winner, has played more games (349) than any other AFL footballer from a WA club, with second-placed Eagle Dean Cox miles behind on 290.

The number four pick in the 1999 draft may be below his absolute best this season but he has led admirably, been effective and performed at a level above many of his teammates.

"He's been unbelievable this year, considering the season that Fremantle has had," Bell said.

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon said he had wanted to see Pavlich - who won the minor premiership with Fremantle last season and was critical to the club earning its first grand final appearance in 2013 - retire with a flag to his name.

"We wish this year could have been a bit different. But at the end of the day it's still a pleasure to work with Matthew... he is quite miraculous in a lot of ways," Lyon said of his ability to perform at a high level for so long.

I didn't see too much in it at the time but I did like Pav's retort though and thought it was well played... In Robbo's defence, I thought he did preface his comment by saying something along the lines of that he hadn't watched too much of Freo - maybe I was imagining it.

Must've been a slow news day in the West if this is gaining traction though..

• Like 1