Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Essendon Swiss Court appeal fails, AFL to make decision on Jobe Watson Brownlow Medal.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-swiss-court-appeal-fails-20161011-gs021n.html

The Swiss appeal by the drugged up Essendon players has failed. Apparently claiming no knowledge of what was being injected into them is not a defence.

It's time for the drug cheat to hand it back or the AFL just strip him.

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

It's time for the drug cheat to hand it back or the AFL just strip him.

Most people think his Brownlow is gone.

Not Robbo though:rolleyes:

Dilemma for AFL but Jobe must keep medal

IT would be a historic decision to take away Jobe Watson’s Brownlow Medal because the AFL can’t be “comfortably satisfied’’ he’s a liar or a drug cheat, writes MARK ROBINSON.

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Hawthorn F&B and legend Sam Mitchell may become an Eagle.
Apparently his mate, Simpson has offered a 2 year contract followed by a coaching job.

I'm real happy with this.

Even if we only get 1 year out of him.

His experience and knowledge of the game will be invaluable.

We have some fragile players and Sam won't be shy at pointing the finger and telling a few home truths.

I don't expect we will have to pay a lot for him at 34.

Also free's up salary cap space for the Hawks.

A win/win.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

Don't know about that Mr Smith.

Geelong went from 10th to 2nd, mainly on his back.

Played in two finals including a prelim.

Geelongs membership increased also and they added another Brownlow medalist for the club.

TBH, I can't think of a better first year by a player to a new club.

Good to see you on the ball as always Khun Will27, I didn't want to kill off Alex's assumption all at once ;)

• Like 2

Traded Tommy Mitchell for pick 14 plus some other picks to be confirmed... Seems fair... Will be interesting to cast the net over the academies and F&S picks and see what Beatson can prospect for...

Sam Mitchell to the Eagles? Got to be the biggest surprise of the draft... 

• Like 2

Bookman sent me this picture of Chimpy and joboss yesterday.

Seems as if Chimps has taken a real shine to him.

post-26090-0-81269800-1475055986.jpg

Haha!!!   5555   I had to stretch my face to fit my smile.

It's not me..  They are not genuine Ray Bans,,

Edited by joboss
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2016 at 10:20 AM, Thechook said:

Probably the same way the swans afforded buddy and tippet.  Anyway still no takers for McCartin.

Difference is Sydney cant keep all its payer and recruit more...but somehow Hawthorn can..

Bookman sent me this picture of Chimpy and joboss yesterday.

Seems as if Chimps has taken a real shine to him.

post-26090-0-81269800-1475055986.jpg

That was in Bali mate..

Oh boy...Chimps and I got the wrong plane...Emergency landing in Bali and a 40 hour delay...

• Like 1

Here is the ACTUAL joboss...in the video

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/brisbanebound-passengers-endure-36hour-diversion/news-story/e153217018f901a3d75024c6839f160a

He happened to be on the same flight as Chimps and me....and he made a video of the event for afterwards..

Later, he was crash tackled to the ground in the Hilton Bali after escalating his rant to  Code level RED....he was put on a virgin flight out of Bali....oddly that wasnt reported..

9 minutes ago, BookMan said:

That was in Bali mate..

Oh boy...Chimps and I got the wrong plane...Emergency landing in Bali and a 40 hour delay...

Oh boy!  Sounds like an adventure.

Seems like Chimps didn’t waste anytime,,,

How did you fare?

10 minutes ago, joboss said:

Oh boy!  Sounds like an adventure.

Seems like Chimps didn’t waste anytime,,,

How did you fare?

4 buffet meals at the Novotel... Lunch/dinner/breakfast/lunch...and another meal at the airport when it was delayed a second time... So i fared well indeed...
The room was very nice... I thought of filing my bag with towels and hotel paraphenalia courtesy of the Thai airways tab, but Chimps already has a cupboard full of the stuff...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Does anyone else feel like Colingwood is recruiting a bit like North did in the last few years?

Didn't help North too much

Yep

Bucks is coaching for his job this year I reckon.

He put a load of pressure on himself saying "he didn't expect to hold his job if the Pies don't play finals".

Both Wells and Mayne , especially Wells smacks of a bit of desperation to me and seems to go against all of their

previous recruitment.

Both of those guys should get down on their knees and thank their managers.  Two million over four years for Mayne and Wells at 1.8 million over 3.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2016 at 5:46 PM, AlexRRR said:

Cats and Hawks figuring prominently once again with the Pies right behind them......BUT ......they forgot Western Bulldogs won the flag this year who have spent a lot less going after some gun players....

Id love it if some no one team took the flag again next season just to prove the point that toping up with your Dangerfirlds and Franklins just send your broke not wins you flags...

yeah...Sydney has been real disappointed making the finals 3 years running with Buddy...and two Grand Finals...record members...record turnover...record sponsorship...awesome young playing list...

Complete and abject failure....

38 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Complete and abject failure....

Bridesmaids,,

Not failure,

Just gotta keep looking pretty.

Build the AFL brand in NRL country.

Sydney town likes round numbers ,,

2000 Olympics ,,, 2020 ladder domination and Swans v GWS GF.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, joboss said:

Bridesmaids,,

Not failure,

Just gotta keep looking pretty.

Build the AFL brand in NRL country.

Sydney town likes round numbers ,,

2000 Olympics ,,, 2020 ladder domination and Swans v GWS GF.

My feeling is Stuff all Sydney siders are going to care if GWS win...maybe if they win a first flag in 5-10 more years...

8 minutes ago, BookMan said:

My feeling is Stuff all Sydney siders are going to care if GWS win...maybe if they win a first flag in 5-10 more years...

Can’t comment on your feeling,

Haven’t lived there for years,,

If it’s not harbour side it doesn’t exist,

The western suburbs is where the sun sets,

Bondi is where it rises.

17 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Traded Tommy Mitchell for pick 14 plus some other picks to be confirmed... Seems fair... Will be interesting to cast the net over the academies and F&S picks and see what Beatson can prospect for...

Sam Mitchell to the Eagles? Got to be the biggest surprise of the draft... 

That seems okay for Tommy...Bottom line is, he was rated behind Jack, Kennedy,Parker,hannerbery,Mills a& Heeney, as a required midfielder....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Wow... Lewis also looking on the way out at Hawthorn... 

https://t.co/wIaGFJgUup

I reckon Hawthorn would be happy for both Lewis and Mitchell to go...

They need some 'champions' to move on for salary cap room but more importantly they need to bring in new young blood...

However...i reckon the players as a group will all be thinking that the loyalty from the Hawks management is reprehensible..

Talk about champions shooting themselves in the foot

Sydney should have moved Goods on...but they knew the importance of a Games record holder and 2 rime Brownlow medalist exiting on his own terms...

The draft as it stands at the moment.  The Saints have just one pick in the first two rounds after giving up a 2nd round pick last year and a 2nd round pick this year for that broken down hack Freeman who has never played an AFL game in 5 years and never will.

The saints have pick 10 and will probably trade that for another dud and then have picks 49, 67, 85 and 103.  Hardly a way to rebuild.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2016-10-11/indicative-2016-afl-draft-order-nmfc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thechook said:

The draft as it stands at the moment.  The Saints have just one pick in the first two rounds after giving up a 2nd round pick last year and a 2nd round pick this year for that broken down hack Freeman who has never played an AFL game in 5 years and never will.

The saints have pick 10 and will probably trade that for another dud and then have picks 49, 67, 85 and 103.  Hardly a way to rebuild.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2016-10-11/indicative-2016-afl-draft-order-nmfc

U guys have picked up two midfielders of decent quality?

8 minutes ago, BookMan said:

U guys have picked up two midfielders of decent quality?

Kobe Stevens (Dogs) and the nephew Jack Steele (GWS) aren't sealed as yet.  They both want to go to St Kilda but at the moment the saints have nothing to offer apart from pick 10.  

Norths complaining they 'only' got pick #33 in compensation for Wells leaving..

Seems more than fair...Wells is at the end of his career..3 more years if you can believe Collingwood...

Teams don't deserve high compensation for a player almost in retirement...

I would have thought pick 50+ was appropriate...

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2016-north-melbourne-upset-at-daniel-wells-compensation-20161013-gs1v5b.html

• Like 1