Health insurance mandatory for long-stay foreigners in Thailand

webfact

45 minutes ago, malibukid said:

i can put that on just one Visa card.  so what's the problem?  never buy anything that i can not pay off in one month

If you are gloating - you are trolling.  Please don't troll those effected by this Thai mandate.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

For all we know over 50s using Elite may have the requirement too. Remember they can change the rules at any time.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The 'Elite Visa' is classified as a 'TOURIST' visa thus rules would need to apply to ALL 'tourists.'

How many of the Chinese, Indian, et al., 'tourists' have insurance, I wonder?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SuwadeeS said:

Just remind everybody. Thai local people do not have such high fees for insurance. The insurance should first make equal fees. Without dual pricing!!!!!

There is no dual pricing for insurance. Take your conspiracy theory elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, galt67 said:

The 'Elite Visa' is classified as a 'TOURIST' visa thus rules would need to apply to ALL 'tourists.'

How many of the Chinese, Indian, et al., 'tourists' have insurance, I wonder?

Include the Russians too.....I bet the percentage of these groups that have health insurance is very very small..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

I think you have had to been there for at least the last six months or so

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you live out the UK for more than 6 months in one year you lose the entitlement to free medical treatment although they don’t ever refuse emergency treatment irrespective if you own property.

Although you are liable for UK Tax if you own a property in the UK ?

12 minutes ago, zydeco said:

I've seen this problem before among posters. You still think of the 800,000 as YOUR money. But it's now THEIR money.

Doesn't affect me actually, my concerns are for those who it does affect. Personally, whilst the income alternative is available, that is the route I'd go down.

28 minutes ago, maechanman said:

Just seen this on You Tube.

Fpr the attention of Ubon Joe. Grateful to know your take on this. Have 103FM got it wrong? They state all retirement type visas and extensions.

Kind of interesting...I was looking at some of Pacific Cross' regular TH health insurance policy details today...

And, they have two lower coverage, lower cost series of plans called Standard and Premier, with several levels in each series. But for both of those, their outpatient coverage is limited to a fixed maximum amount per visit, usually 1500 to 3000 baht, and a certain number of outpatient visits per year... usually about 30.

And I don't think that's going to satisfy the new 40K outpatient coverage requirement, unless someone the authorities decided that a maximum 30 outpatient visits per year with up to 1500 or 3000 baht per visit coverage was somehow going to meet the requirement.

It's not until you get into their higher Maxima series level of policies that the outpatient cover, if you don't exclude it, doesn't have a per visit limit, and instead is just part of the broader overall coverage, which with Maxima is either 5M or 10M baht per disability.

I've been trying to look all day at Pacific Cross' policy/policies under the government sponsored Long-Stay program... But every time I go to that website and click Pacific Cross, I get a blank webpage.... same for their general website today... Not sure if it's a problem with me or their website is down.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Maybe, but, it's a numbers game. Far many more Thais than foreigners.

It's the expats and long stayers who have the money, that's the only reason we are wanted here.

Fpr the attention of Ubon Joe. Grateful to know your take on this. Have 103FM got it wrong? They state all retirement type visas and extensions.
Until something official is released no one knows for sure. Even Fabulous 103...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MellowYellow101 said:

Just a quick question, what are the laws / rules on the NHS not being 'free' to UK citizens after having left the UK for a set amount of time? 

There is no provision regarding how long you have been away, in relation to receiving free NHS care. The law/rule is that NHS care is free to anyone who resides permanently in the UK.

For instance, you could have been away for 50 years but if you return to live there permanently, you are once again eligible for free care. On the other hand, you might have only been away for a few months but if you had taken up residence elsewhere and went back purely as a short-term visitor, not intending to stay, theoretically you should have to pay for treatment.

To quote directly from the UK Government's web page about this:

For secondary care services, the UK’s healthcare system is a residence-based one, which means entitlement to free healthcare is based on living lawfully in the UK on a properly settled basis for the time being.

[...]

Individuals who are not ordinarily resident in the UK may be required to pay for their care when they are in England.

[...]

GP and nurse consultations in primary care, treatment provided by a GP and other primary care services are free of charge to all.

Accident and Emergency treatment is also free regardless of residence.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, gunderhill said:

So how many are going to be leaving now, what exactly s a NON O -A I have a visa which just states NON O married to a  Thai (no other letters  after it) been on it for 6  years.

Perhaps someone can clarify if  it  will  apply to me?

What about those foreigners married to government workers. They are given free medical because all immediate family is covered 100% for any inpatient and outpatient medical problems as long as they use government hospitals. How will this new law affect them? 

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It's the expats and long stayers who have the money, that's the only reason we are wanted here.

Yes, if you're talking about government and it's officials, but, then what other possible reason could they have?

As for the ordinary folk, they're as friendly as ever.

• Like 1

looking at their link for Bangkok insurance its very reasonable . Between 50 and 60 years its approx 50k. Whats wrong with that.

its staggering the amount of expats living here with NO insurance!!  if your 70 then go home for gods sakes where you can be taken care of in an emergency..which is just around the corner , not everyone dies in their sleep

http://www.bangkokinsurance.com/long-stay-visa/

• Like 1

For those long enough here will remember that in Yinglucks times this was mentioned but died with the coup (several other things also).

I have just been on to my agent at Pacific Cross regards renewal and the new 40,000 baht outpatient cover.

He has told me to hang fire as NOTHING HAS YET BEEN FINALIZED regards this government statement.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1