Floods devastate Pattaya and surrounding areas after late night storms

webfact

18 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I first visited Pattaya in 1979,

It seems worse now. Although a few years after that I was having to paddle across soi Nana in Bangkok, no better there. 

42 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I first visited Pattaya in 1979, they had flooding problems then, now, 40 years later they still have no clue as to how to resolve the problem. I could give them some direction within a few hours, but hey, I don't live there so it doesn't bother me!

Plus since 1979 budgets of at least several billion $s have been allocated to this problem with very little effect. 

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Would any sensible person agree to drive his/her car like they do in the picture?

Even with my big Isuzu pickup I would stay at home;
the electric elements of this sedan have surely not appreciated the ride

• Like 1

Is the problem that Pattaya is too low? No natural run off to surrounding areas. This is often the trouble when villages develop into towns and then into cities. The development below ground fails to match the building above ground.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Plus since 1979 budgets of at least several billion $s have been allocated to this problem with very little effect. 

Not so many years ago huge amount of baht spent to fix this. If I recall perhaps 10-20% went to actual flood control. Most went to private firms to repair their damage, plus usual "service charges"

I'm glad my condo room is on 7th floor...