Recent Facebook Experience

PattayaGuy2019

I have been a member of facebook for about 20 years with never any problems. Since March this year when I logged on I was locked out of my account. They asked for my phone no. and then sent me a verification sms. After sending them the code they then asked for a picture. As they already have a scan of my passport from when I first joined I was a bit puzzled. So after about 5 days they unlocked it for about week my but then locked it again requesting another selfie. So I sent them another one. I had no real choice as there is so much stuff on my page. They unlocked it after a few days and I wrote them a very groveling polite message asking them what was going on. Guess what, they locked my account again and requested another picture for my own security of course. These bastards seem to control the world now with their online political campaigns and breaching every privacy law in the land. Selling your data to the highest bidder. God I wish there was an alternative I would love to tell them to *UCK themselves. I wonder is it the Thai's who control facebook in Thailand or the Americans.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PattayaGuy2019 said:

They asked for my phone no. and then sent me a verification sms. After sending them the code they then asked for a picture. As they already have a scan of my passport from when I first joined I was a bit puzzled.

Why did you give them all this info? I don't give them a thing and have all my settings configured so Im basically chatting with myself. Only use it to access some closed groups and check out some artisan products I like.

Never put the FB app on your mobile phone as it will access your mobile number and contacts.

Even if you use only WhatsApp, FB can access your info if you have their app downloaded.

They are the slimiest company around.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, neeray said:

For some stupid reason, I "just barely" opened a FaceBook account about 5 years ago. I immediately regretted it as I do like to fly under the radar. "OpenBook" is just not for me.

Subsequently, I have received hundreds of annoying notices like "so and so wants to be your friend" or "here's a friend suggestion for you". One that they keep sending me is a friend suggestion of a lady who royally screwed me over on a business deal. Yeah, sure FB, with friends like her, I don't need enemies.

What a bunch of annoying, childish bull crap it is.

But very population,  nevertheless. 

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Or, join with a false name.

I did, few years back kept getting emails from a hotel chain I used with decent discounts if you liked them on FB. So eventually, fake account using a throwaway email. So how come FB started suggesting colleagues from work to me as friends! Dodgy <deleted>. Still have the account with nobody linked to it, no details, no pic etc. just to have a look now and then. Wouldn't trust them as far as I trust politicians.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I never ever gave them my phone number or anything else I just joined

with a nick name and that was it yes you can use any name you like

I joined FB using a woman's name ten years ago. I don't have anything on my page at all, apart from false about me info.

I only use FB to look at a couple of friends' FB pages, nothing else.

Apart notifications when a friend makes a post, the only stuff I get from FB is an occasional email suggesting how to make my friends recognise my page - yeah, and to help FB harvest my details at the same time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Salerno said:

I did, few years back kept getting emails from a hotel chain I used with decent discounts if you liked them on FB. So eventually, fake account using a throwaway email. So how come FB started suggesting colleagues from work to me as friends! Dodgy <deleted>. Still have the account with nobody linked to it, no details, no pic etc. just to have a look now and then. Wouldn't trust them as far as I trust politicians.

FB trawls your contacts email and phone numbers from your smartphone & computer, along with your SIMs.

It also trawls their email and phone numbers.

If you've got theirs or they've got yours then you both get a suggestion.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, Mikisteel said:

Mates head of customer experience at FB so I'm aware of the coming trends.

Bring it on I say, hopefully it will wake up some people and be the death of FB. If they (as in FB) think it can't happen remind them of what they basically did to MySpace.

Just now, BritManToo said:

FB trawls you email and phone numbers from your smartphone.

Only use it on laptop, my suspicion at the time was somehow they got into my work outlook (throwaway email wasn't work related). And I tend to laugh at people with their conspiracy theories 555

18 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I think you must have be peering over my shoulder at me in the Gents.

That could explain the weird looking dude I saw walking into the gents with a magnifying glass in hand ????

Edited by Salerno
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I joined FB using a woman's name ten years ago. I don't have anything on my page at all, apart from false about me info.

I only use FB to look at a couple of friends' FB pages, nothing else.

Apart notifications when a friend makes a post, the only stuff I get from FB is an occasional email suggesting how to make my friends recognise my page - yeah, and to help FB harvest my details at the same time.

My mate joined and told 'em he was a transformer called Optimus Prime .. When they asked for a pic' it was inevitable what he sent back .. 

IMG_20190804_120057.jpg

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Why does an adult use FB ?

Buy and sell cars, rent houses, property and a zillion other things. Check out the rapidly diminishing classified ads in any newspaper these days. Facebook has everything - weather, police reports not just people posting photos of what they are eating.

.Personally I don't use it but my son and daughter, both in their thirties do. They often send me buy and sell 'classified' from Facebook if I'm looking for something.