'Many killed' in shooting at Walmart in El Paso; suspect in custody

rooster59

5 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Stop misquoting me or taking part of a quote completely out of context to suit your own agenda.

This is what I said;

"Well can't wait for Trump's reply again on this, yet another American massacre.  Rather than liquidating the NRA and ban shooting for pleasure, no doubt he will say, along with the NRA, all store check-out operatives should be armed with automatic weapons to deter other attacks"

But would your idea deter other attacks? It might make them worse.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Stop misquoting me or taking part of a quote completely out of context to suit your own agenda.

My agenda was to make an early morning joke at the expense of Walmart workers... sorry to offend you! ????

Edited by mikebike

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

My agenda was to make an early morning joke at the expense of Walmart workers... sorry to offend you! ????

The left are not known for their sense of humour. Very thin skin. BTW I got the joke. Nice one... but a bit naughty!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

7 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I actually think that where there is an incident that resulted in 20 deaths, some of them children along with 26 injuries, it would be prudent to save the jokes to a later date. Further, we dont not know at this time if any of those Walmart staff you stated you joked about were any of the victims.

Thanks for the sanctimony. What have you done for the victims? Apart from make PC criticisms? I guess you sleep better now.  Perhaps you dont understand that humour is an essential part of dealing with tragedy. Its a defense mechanism. 

• Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Stop trying to deflect and change the subject, we are not taking the bait. 20 people have lost their lives, 20 mothers, fathers,husbands, wifes , sons daughters will not go home tonight and you are practicing NRA talking point. Disgusting!!

Sorry. I forgot you exclusively have a right to score political points from such tragedies. I hope you feel better now.  Good luck browbeating the electorate...and may I politely say, in terms of USA involvement in Yemen,  the American destabilizing of South America,  the poisonous policies in SE Asia,  I find your moral outrage selective and parochial and driven by an anti trump agenda.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I actually think that where there is an incident that resulted in 20 deaths, some of them children along with 26 injuries, it would be prudent to save the jokes to a later date. Further, we dont not know at this time if any of those Walmart staff you stated you joked about were any of the victims.

Yes, there is never a good time to point out the absurdities of arming check-out staff, or teachers, or theatre ushers to "protect" people when these sort of desensitizing events happen so frequently. Apparently no-one is capable of feeling intense sorrow and despair at the same time as they see the ridiculousness of the situation and the inane "solutions". Que sera...

Edited by mikebike
  • Sad 1