Pattaya pushes infrastructure projects to boost tourism

snoop1130

If you put this pier which I think is a good idea on the water behind walking street I would assume that this will mean that they are going to have to shut down some of the bars on walking street that are encroaching on the water.

There is a great seafood spot that is on the water and is great for families in Pattaya but to get there you have to walk by a bunch of bars.

If that is the case then there is a strong and valid reason for putting the pier there.

BUT you have to move walking street to a new area away from the pier.    Once you put family entertainment in the area then you have a clash with the bars.  Example I think that Terminal 21 Asoke is a great lace but I would not go anywhere near NANA to the right or Asoke intersection to the right leaving there.

Pattaya needs to re invent itself into a family vacation location.  The Fat Brits and Euros have found cheaper watering holes closer to home.  

• Like 1

Anybody think this light rail system will go ahead...not me!! And the baht bus routes will be moved to avoid congestion...ya think!!! They might have something to say about that...oh yeah, like they did last time a monorail was mentioned, guess what...Baht bus mafia 1 Monorail 0.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lungstib said:

What tourists would really like to see is clean water, rubbish free beaches, no traffic jams, less crime and a hassle free holiday. Extra people doesn't quite cut it. 

Just look what the Indians have done in their own country!  River Yamuna.

image.png.f472118bec0aa34126eaed713fd64bb8.png

Edited by Prairieboy

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i was in Pattaya for a month on my motorcycle. the roads were all torn up everywhere you looked.

beach road, second road, everywhere. it rained and beach road flooded. the Chinese tourists were trying to cross the road with traffic backing up.   

i have been all over Thailand and I don't remember the smell of open sewers like in Pattaya.

it would hit you in the face everywhere you went.

I can remember Bangkok smelling like open sewers, 30 years ago. Perhaps Pattaya is looking to be nostalgic?