Not much of an apology: Health minister Anutin unrepentant after face mask tirade against "farang"

rooster59

7 minutes ago, Thian said:

Yes for 2-300 baht....i change them every day and we need many for our family....like 30-50 or so...

They are expensive and very uncomfortable. But the government told us that we can get masks at the Blue Shops. No idea what shops these are and where you can find them. But now the WHO tells us that we should not use masks if we are not sick. I think I will start to ignore this virus. It is simply to complicated. 

Edited by Beggar
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, but he's not the "real" leader of BJT.

Except that he's whiffed on both of these initiatives.

I do believe he is or who is then?
Except he is very popular for both those initiatives don't expect he will be removed any time soon.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"The day will never come when I will apologize to foreigners".

15 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Not really he said Farang which refers to white caucasian and he praised all asians for wearing masks.

That's true I should have included the quote being referred to.As above.

16 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

What does he mean with "don't look down on Thais". Not so easy for a normal sized Westerner? Should we walk on our knees? 

This is the whole problem of Thailand.( although tongues  have been loosening for two years; )
I hope that one day this problem will be solved, hoping that the guillotine is not the solution; there are more subtle ones ...

Farangs are not used to wear uncomfortable masks because - opposite China and Thailand - the air is always good/not bad in their home countries. And it´s not a pleasure to wear masks all day long during the vacation.

46 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

One thing I think they give little creedance to is the income farang expats coming here to live must generate. Particularly initially building homes, setting up home, vehicles etc. A lot of this would go unreported but must be a good income injection to some of these villages / local communities and Thailand as a whole. Areas like Surin and Burriram were some of the poorest and undeveloped areas in Thailand until the farang money started pouring in. What about the loss of patrons to the bars and bar girls in Pattaya / Bangkok. Surely the sponsor money must be lean now, albeit if they were only supporting phone and bag shops lol

Sure, for farangs like you who have and are invested in Thailand. But I think you are in the minority. I believe that most aren’t contributing as much. Just look around and see how many are just living in 5,000 baht rented accommodation and going around on cheap Honda Waves or just riding baht buses. Bulk of their spending would be at the cheap bars and that is hardly enough to even keep the bars afloat. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, Beggar said:

They are expensive and very uncomfortable. But the government told us that we can get masks at the Blue Shops. No idea what shops these are and where you can find them. But now the WHO tells us that we should not use masks if we are not sick. I think I will start to ignore this virus. It is simply to complicated. 

Yes, Beggar. Ignore the virus. Let natural selection take its course. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1