Ford Everest

1 minute ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Better than Fortuner or Pajero?

Only you can answer that yourself in test driving arrangements.

Everyone has a different view when it comes to SUV's.

The Porsche Cayenne Turbo is what I like but then again it should be.

28 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Its actually for the wife. Just wanted something secure and be able to fit all the family in for travel.

I would suggest a reliable ride......????.......Plus moving this thread to the motoring forum....????

• Haha 2

If it's any help I'm now on my third Toyo in 15+ years and have never even had to change a light bulb. There has been some reports on this forum about Fords having problems mostly small, but problems all the same.

The Everest has some bit's that the Tuna doesn't have, but most of those you would hardly ever use. Suggest you buy what you like best, and for the price you can afford.

One thing that might be a clincher is they don't hold their second hand price as well as Toyo or Mitsu.

8 hours ago, fredob43 said:

If it's any help I'm now on my third Toyo in 15+ years and have never even had to change a light bulb. There has been some reports on this forum about Fords having problems mostly small, but problems all the same.

The Everest has some bit's that the Tuna doesn't have, but most of those you would hardly ever use. Suggest you buy what you like best, and for the price you can afford.

One thing that might be a clincher is they don't hold their second hand price as well as Toyo or Mitsu.

Any feedback on a new Toyota ?

7 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Any feedback on a new Toyota ?

What sort of feed back do you want??? Has anything played up or have I had any problems NO. Have just changed the battery, the old one worked fine, it was nearly 3 year old so changed it as I have a few long trips planned in the next couple of weeks and wanted it to be trouble free.

Things I don't like. Auto lights. Other than that nothing. Very good on fuel, fast enough, will fly in sports mode, but I do have the 2.8lt. Servicing cheap also very good compared to some other makes.

Help if needed from Toyo Head office is Spot on. When I first got it 3 years ago, I had minor problems using the Sat Nav. Phoned head office BKK for help, they sent a chap from BKK some 350km to sort it out. Turned out it was operator error. How good do you want it for Buddha sake.   

17 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

What sort of feed back do you want??? Has anything played up or have I had any problems NO. Have just changed the battery, the old one worked fine, it was nearly 3 year old so changed it as I have a few long trips planned in the next couple of weeks and wanted it to be trouble free.

Things I don't like. Auto lights. Other than that nothing. Very good on fuel, fast enough, will fly in sports mode, but I do have the 2.8lt. Servicing cheap also very good compared to some other makes.

Help if needed from Toyo Head office is Spot on. When I first got it 3 years ago, I had minor problems using the Sat Nav. Phoned head office BKK for help, they sent a chap from BKK some 350km to sort it out. Turned out it was operator error. How good do you want it for Buddha sake.   

Reports coming out of Aus has them pegged as piles of poo !!

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Reports coming out of Aus has them pegged as piles of poo !!

Well I'm on my third new Toyo, 3lt Vigo 4X4 the last Tuna and now the latest one. As I have said not even had to change a light bulb in over 15 years

I have an OZ friend who lives here 50/50. He always hires a car from Avis BKK and hopes he gets the new Tuna as he says they are the best they hire out. They do hire MUX as well, and he sometimes gets one. Not to pleased with those. Take note they that's Avis don't have any Ford Everest's in their fleet. Must tell you something.

4 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Well I'm on my third new Toyo, 3lt Vigo 4X4 the last Tuna and now the latest one. As I have said not even had to change a light bulb in over 15 years

I have an OZ friend who lives here 50/50. He always hires a car from Avis BKK and hopes he gets the new Tuna as he says they are the best they hire out. They do hire MUX as well, and he sometimes gets one. Not to pleased with those. Take note they that's Avis don't have any Ford Everest's in their fleet. Must tell you something.

Awesome, Avis hire them so they must be good.

• Like 1

Over the years I have had my fair share of Flords.  Always some issue, small or large, crops up.  Parts prices often up in stratosphere more often than not.  For a range of owner comments on Everest do a web search, it's the best way to find out about any vehicle.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Maybe Ford thought their product too good for fleet buyers..

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.....You can do better than that, surely......????

Any "fool" would understand that hire fleets want a ride with built in reliability, in LOS, that's why Toyota and Isuzu reign....????

18 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Your driver's side tail light has been out for the last 3 months.

Then again, there's been my reports on this forum of a glorious 180,000+ km of (virtually) nothing wrong driving with my serial Fords.

But I thought ALL cars needed windscreen wipers? (check sense of humor before responding).

For now you mean. Agreed that the Tuna will be a hard act to follow with regard to resale value but the Pajero? Please? With their perpetual obsession with having the SUV body styling most likely to feature in the next Transformers movie?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Ford good. That's how good I want it.

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Take note they that's Avis don't have any Ford Everest's in their fleet. Must tell you something.

You tried that flawed reasoning on a similar thread on this very forum maybe 2 years ago and it got kicked into touch back then as well.

Like all Tuna owner/drivers, you should give up while you're (barely) ahead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Your driver's side tail light has been out for the last 3 months.

Then again, there's been my reports on this forum of a glorious 180,000+ km of (virtually) nothing wrong driving with my serial Fords.

But I thought ALL cars needed windscreen wipers? (check sense of humor before responding).

For now you mean. Agreed that the Tuna will be a hard act to follow with regard to resale value but the Pajero? Please? With their perpetual obsession with having the SUV body styling most likely to feature in the next Transformers movie?

Nooooo, Judge Dredd.....????

judge-dredd-movie-motorcycle.jpg.8ec6798882882ce2ecf90c439eae4c17.jpg

2 hours ago, transam said:

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.....You can do better than that, surely......????

Any "fool" would understand that hire fleets want a ride with built in reliability, in LOS, that's why Toyota and Isuzu reign....????

Fleet sales is only a viable option for manufacturers with an already well established product, market penetration, brand recognition and dealer network; all of which Toyota Thailand has in spades. No contest OK?

Not at all sure how Isuzu suddenly became a 'desirable' rental SUV though. On the couple of times I have been confronted with, "Sorry, CR-V not available, but we have MU7, OK?" I have demurred and grabbed an Accord or, if I must, a Camry instead.

MU7... reminds me of the way the Soviets used to name their aircraft, SU-27, TU-22, etc.. Then NATO would give them something easier and less anonymous like Flanker or Blinder. What would NATO label the MU-7? Haycart? Plank? But I digress...

The other very important criteria for a rental company handing out cars to people who claim to be able to drive is the vehicles being cheap to fix. This can only be fully realized if the base product is cheaply built in the first place. Enter the 'tuna.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

When working abroad, always get the brand of vehicle that has the best servicing and spare parts supply. That is usually the most sold brand in the country. Invariably this is Toyota in Thailand (at least it was the last time I looked). Personally I would consider either a new Toyota four wheel drive pickup rather than a Fortuner. Or I would try to get a second hand Prado but only if I was sure it had just one careful owner, which in Thailand can be a bit of a stretch.

7 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Isuzu MUX!

Fortuna drivers think they are driving a Hummer and Everest drivers a Tank!

Think the other way round. My chums call my Tuna the Tank. I refer to it as lump.

May I point out that when we all go on a trip, it's the Tank/Lump that they all want to go in. Funny that.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I was just pointing out the Thai's like them. So they sell well. Just look how many you see on the roads I would think not 100% sure but the Everest comes forth. In the big lump league.

I have an Everest Titanium+ but not 4WD.  I like it a lot.  Lots of technology.  Good acceleration and good mileage for the size of the vehicle.  I get about 900KM on a full tank(80 liters).  The steering on it doesn't feel as tight as my Raptor.  And one thing that bothers me a little is that you have to turn recirculate air on every time you start it if Air is on auto setting.  Every time I see a big billow of black smoke ahead of me I look down to see if I remembered to turn it on.

I have not owned any of the others so I can't make a comparison.

25 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Driven a Fortuna and Pareto. Prefer the Fortuna. No experience of the Ford but I’m told customer service after purchase is dire. 

Also I believe Toyota is about ready launch an all new Fortuna for what it’s worth.

Would be surprised if Toyo are about to relaunch a new Tuna they normally have the same model for around 8/9 years. They might be doing minor face lifts though.

Edited by fredob43