He lost it all

A friend of mine, who sadly passed away last summer in the UK lost all of his money to a not very good looking cambodian hooker he me.

Its the classic story of his fist holiday in Thailand, he meets a hooker on the first night then is fully in love.

She was 30 years his junior, and to be honest a minger. Everyone who knew him and her told him what was going on but he just couldnt see it. He sold a rented investment property in the UK, sold some shares, sent her plenty of money and she still treated him like a dog.

the question then is:- Why do these men, young or old, think these lovely sexy 20 year old hookers actually like them and want to be with them?

Yes, i agree a percentage of these romances do last but lets be honest, the majority fail with said farang losing all he has worked for and cryimg in his empty glass as the love of his life has moved on as he has nothing left to give.

Im sure people know of many of these poor pathetic men who truly belive that their tilac hookers really love them!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tgw said:

not sure what the point of the OP is... there is one born every minute, I'm not sure what can be done about it?

theres no real point in the thread, maybe a few alarming stories will come out but im sure that no on ewill confess to it happening to them

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, plumberman123 said:

the majority fail with said farang losing all he has worked for and cryimg in his empty glass as the love of his life has moved on as he has nothing left to give.

I would say this is false.

Sure, there are some fools, but I have not seen the majority of those who make the decision to be with these girls, to lose everything.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

i disagree...he didn't LOSE what he wanted he to LOSE

i've seen this before, always a little different

1.  lonely, bored, no meaning in life, having an extra 100 baht doesn't do it like before

2.  communication and love is way more important than anything

3.  cats and dogs are OK, not a fix.  too old for kids

4.  attention can be confused with love

5.  IF he got one second of love, it was worth it.  

my last three gf's bring me gifts.  maybe i'll fall for some scam in 30 years when  I forget what the name of the planet is.......maybe

(one hour later)......... (four hours later, google)....oh yea, Earth.  OK

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

For every failure, there is a success story. Don't hear about them as often, people prefer bad news.

And in a lot of these success stories the person involved ( male )has gone from one bad relationship in the West straight into another one in the los,they,'ve burnt their financial bridges and have no options but to stick it out,let's face it no one likes to admit they,'re wrong.true here are a few happy relationships but seem to be in the minority.

22 minutes ago, kingdong said:

And in a lot of these success stories the person involved ( male )has gone from one bad relationship in the West straight into another one in the los,they,'ve burnt their financial bridges and have no options but to stick it out,let's face it no one likes to admit they,'re wrong.true here are a few happy relationships but seem to be in the minority.

I assume you refer to world wide???

All happy relationships?

If he felt happy again, after not being so happy...

And he choose his path to financial destruction...

But dies with a big smile..

It's all worth it.

Saving all your money for tomorrow is dying today.

A close friend of mine was on holiday in Thailand, had amazing 2 weeks with Thai girl and came home with nasty STD that gave him long time of pain and solutions by the doctor I don't want to write down...

Painful.

That's 30 years ago.

He still smiles when he talk or thinks about the girl...

All worth it !!

Edited by sirquest007
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Just trying to assess how much more enjoyable his life would have been had he died with 200k in the bank and a rental property

Perhaps his family or children would have enjoyed it more than a Cambodian hooker?

but perhaps he invested with Brian flowers, then the kids are set for life.

lonely

low self esteem

ego massage (no pun intended)

lack of grasp of reality

it's quite sad that some people have so little in their lives that they need to resort to paying someone to be their friend/spend time with them. but everyone to their own.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, plumberman123 said:

theres no real point in the thread, maybe a few alarming stories will come out but im sure that no on ewill confess to it happening to them

as you yourself have pointed out :   he would not listen to what others told him

The stories are well known.    And never ending  .....

Some are lucky,  don't lose it all...... then learn from their mistakes.   A few   ????