RIP Pattaya

Silent Tiger

35 minutes ago, Leaver said:

They are freelancing on apps. 

Before the Corona crisis they were also gogo's stars

or regulars in the discos, 

a lot of them having some nice guys from abroad sending

a lot of money every month, just to be sure they will be available

for them when they'll come here on holiday.

So there were still a lot of young sweetties hotties here, but overpriced and overbooked

20 years ago, they were in the beer bar and at the average price, internet and the young

foreign blokes coming here on holidays for the 2 weeks millionnnaires have changed the rules

Pattaya is gross anyway. Not to toot my own horn, I’m a younger guy, and I get accosted by the bar girls and ladyboys cat calling me and beckoning to me, when I’m walking down the street. Some have even got physical with me, unsolicited, grabbing my arm and trying to pull me into the bar. Although I figure this has more to do with wanting to make money and rope in customers than anything else.

The roads are really narrow where I stayed, with my Dad who visits a few times a year, got a hotel on Soi Buakhao, so you can’t help but walk mere feet away from all the girls and LBs when you’re on the street, as usually that’s the side of the street that’s safer to walk on. All I’m trying to do is get a god damn bite to eat from Soi Buakhao. (Really good brick oven pizza place there) and I’m getting accosted and pulled into the bars. It’s nice to get that kind of attention at first, but it gets tiresome as hell after a while, and you just want to go about your business unmolested. One of these girls actually ordered a drink for herself assuming that I would be coming in to pay for it and sit down with her. The fleecing of farrangs, and the nerve of these girls knows no bounds.

I live in Bangkok far away from these girly bars and that’s the way I like it. I would never live in Pattaya. I have a lovely Thai girlfriend already and I can’t imagine visiting Pattaya as a man if you’re not trying to get a bar girl or freelancer. It’s a crowded, loud, narrow place from my experience, I just don’t like it very much so I won’t shed any tears if it goes under, whatever that means. Maybe it was different in the golden days of the 80s and 90s, but I was just a little kid in elementary school in the 90s.

The only positive is the immigration office is super chill in Jomtien compared to Bangkok’s, and the beach can be a nice change of scenery from all the modern skyscrapers and hustle and bustle of Bangkok. Other than that, no reason to go there if you have a partner already, it just seems like a party town for bachelors and divorcées to get liquored up and go nuts. Just not my cup of tea at all. ????????‍♂️

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sezze said:

the temples are always there as the last resort , where you can have shelter .

I don't see any homeless people in temples, maybe they don't feel welcome. On that subject are temples giving back food now? I don't see that in Pattaya or hear about it on the news

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

They got on the apps and worked off them and did well, and then told their friends.

It's surprising but many girls don't know about thaifriendly, i tell them and help them set it up so they don't keep messaging me

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The same way as the vast majority of girls in their situation do. You didn't think ALL the girls with a baby end up in a Pattaya barbeer, did you?

I kinda thought the majority of them did end up in a bar-beer (or GGB or MP etc.) Pattaya impressions eh!

9 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

When I first holidayed in Pattaya what got me was the number of hot little sweeties there was to choose from.  That was still true when I retired and moved to Pattaya.  After 4 years I noticed a change,  there seemed to be a growing number of buck-some lassies who didn't have the look necessary to excite anyone...except maybe a blind drunk punter!  Watched a video a month back and it was taken late 2019 and the buck-some lassies seem to have multiplied!  What has become of the hot little sweeties???

Made enough to retire ( few of them want to make a lifetime career of it ), got married, just had enough of it and went home, moved to Bkk to get the big money, went on line.

Just now, jacko45k said:

I kinda thought the majority of them did end up in a bar-beer (or GGB or MP etc.) Pattaya impressions eh!

Yeah. Urban legend says millions of Thai girls in the trade, LOL. There are approximately 35 million females in LOS, and a few thousand work in the farang scene, lots more in the Thai scene, but nothing like farangs think.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

I believe he said "GF's" not "GF" which to me means, he has had several "transactions" with different girls. Rent don't buy has always been a sensible approach in Thailand.

Thanks.

Over the many years I visited LOS I had a number of long term GFs, but every time I left I rarely saw the same one still around when I went back. Exceptions were one for 4 years and one for 8 years. The first got grouchy and the second married someone.

I was never into a new one every night.

Renting is absolutely the right way to go though. A few thought that because they'd been with me more than one night they ruled the roost, but were looking for a new ATM pretty quick.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wait a few years till you ain't as young and good looking, and you'll wish they were still "molesting" you.

The young man has a girlfriend, perhaps he'll get married have a family and won't be in that situation. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yeah. Urban legend says millions of Thai girls in the trade, LOL. There are approximately 35 million females in LOS, and a few thousand work in the farang scene, lots more in the Thai scene, but nothing like farangs think.

Urban legend, a few thousand work in the Farang-scene? Of the 35 million females in the country about 1/3 are between 18 and 44 years old. So with counting those in this age range who work in the structured night life venues, discos, freelancers, wild cards, onliners, professional girlfriends. A million or two is not hard to imagine. And that's including crossovers from the domestic side.

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Is it really "showing signs of ending?"  if so, for who, when, and where?

Thailand can open up tomorrow, but many tourists are locked inside their own country, and for those that can get out, many will have to undergo forced quarantine for 2 weeks upon their return.  Something that will change their decision to holiday abroad, I am sure.

There's also the issue of little to no flights availability.

Then, you have affordability issues for many that would normally be holidaying here. 

Showing signs of ending.  I don't think so. 

A lot of people think when ( if?) This virus ends things will quickly go back to normal,nothing could be further from the truth,there will be massive loss of jobs and depression,the cheap flights will be a thing of the past,and it will take years for people's fear of travelling to stop.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 6:50 PM, Ron jeremy said:

Gogos were at their best??????????

please explain, with the exception of several of the 80-90 the rest have been desolate at best.High barfines and rising costs for the gals, combined with dozens of closures in the last few years. Quality is has never been that poor( exception of several)

have you ever been to pattaya scuba???????

with comments like that I'm starting to wonder. 

RIP the Carousel.  And yes the bar fines are out of control. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

According to Google, apparently up to 300,000 female sex workers in Thailand

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

According to Google, apparently up to 300,000 female sex workers in Thailand

So with at least 12 million females in Thailand between 18 and 44 years old then that would be one of the various types of sex worker out of forty in that age group. I don't know about that. 

4 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Pattaya is gross anyway. Not to toot my own horn, I’m a younger guy, and I get accosted by the bar girls and ladyboys cat calling me and beckoning to me, when I’m walking down the street. Some have even got physical with me, unsolicited, grabbing my arm and trying to pull me into the bar. Although I figure this has more to do with wanting to make money and rope in customers than anything else.

The roads are really narrow where I stayed, with my Dad who visits a few times a year, got a hotel on Soi Buakhao, so you can’t help but walk mere feet away from all the girls and LBs when you’re on the street, as usually that’s the side of the street that’s safer to walk on. All I’m trying to do is get a god damn bite to eat from Soi Buakhao. (Really good brick oven pizza place there) and I’m getting accosted and pulled into the bars. It’s nice to get that kind of attention at first, but it gets tiresome as hell after a while, and you just want to go about your business unmolested. One of these girls actually ordered a drink for herself assuming that I would be coming in to pay for it and sit down with her. The fleecing of farrangs, and the nerve of these girls knows no bounds.

I live in Bangkok far away from these girly bars and that’s the way I like it. I would never live in Pattaya. I have a lovely Thai girlfriend already and I can’t imagine visiting Pattaya as a man if you’re not trying to get a bar girl or freelancer. It’s a crowded, loud, narrow place from my experience, I just don’t like it very much so I won’t shed any tears if it goes under, whatever that means. Maybe it was different in the golden days of the 80s and 90s, but I was just a little kid in elementary school in the 90s.

The only positive is the immigration office is super chill in Jomtien compared to Bangkok’s, and the beach can be a nice change of scenery from all the modern skyscrapers and hustle and bustle of Bangkok. Other than that, no reason to go there if you have a partner already, it just seems like a party town for bachelors and divorcées to get liquored up and go nuts. Just not my cup of tea at all. ????????‍♂️

When I visit Bangkok I don't stay or spend my time at the bar areas.  Next time you visit Pattaya try staying somewhere away from the bar areas since that is not your interest, either.  I live in Pattaya year-round and I never go to Walking Street, Soi Buakhao, or Soi 6.  Lots of nice places where you would have a nice visit in Wong Amat by the beach or perhaps south Jomtien. 

The beach area of Wong Amat reminds me a lot of a beach town in America.  Lots of couples, young families, and some multi-generation families vacationing.  People carrying beach mats and coolers to the beach, baby strollers.  Young kids walking by themselves to the 7-11 to get ice cream--it's a safe area.  Seafood restaurants where you can have a meal right by the beach.  If you want a change of scenery Terminal 21 is a short drive away for some shopping, a movie, or a variety of restaurants. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

From our standarts most of the village people were already poor before this

they are used to it. And it's not true someone has nothing to eat in a village

it's just impossible, family and neighbour soliarity chain is functionning plus the

local temple give free food, and even the puyaban can help in some situations.

Not to mention the free food available all around in the fields and the forests

and the rivers if you are not lazy.

For me it sounds more like the girls try to have some easy money from you 

I hope you are right. Thanks.

• Like 1