Ayutthaya orders residents to wear masks or face Bt20,000 fine

snoop1130

Ayutthaya orders residents to wear masks or face Bt20,000 fine

By THE NATION

800_a4aa7825d86de8e.jpg

Ayutthaya province on Tuesday (May 5) issued an order that face masks must be worn in public to contain the spread of Covid-19.

Ayutthaya officials have ordered all residents and visitors to wear face masks outside their homes. Those who fail to don masks in public face a fine of up to Bt20,000 under Article 51 of the Communicable Disease Act.

The move to make masks mandatory outside came after some people failed to cooperate with public health advice delivered on April 2.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387342?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-05

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, bannork said:

And what is the fine for not wearing a motorbike helmet that can save your life? Some thing derisory like 500 baht, and even then rarely enforced.

Priorities, gentlemen, priorities.

If i drive drunk in our province it's 400 bth and say good jurney home! If im sober whitout mask 20k ????

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The mask fad should be wearing off shortly.....People are board with the whole mask thing......And Thais get board easily.....I dont bother with them except at critical times like entering  7-11s

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Those who fail to don masks in public face a fine of up to Bt20,000 under Article 51 of the Communicable Disease Act.

Great for all those making and selling masks.  It is necessary and prudent. 

The new fashion statement, cheaper than watches and polo shirts, and sets you apart from the mundane????

7 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bt20,000 under Article 51 of the Communicable Disease Act.

So this disease act was established before the break out of COVID already to fine Bt 20,000 for not wearing mask. How meticulous in establishing local ordinance in Thailand! Very grateful paternal country. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, brokenbone said:

apples and oranges altogether.

when you dont use a mask, you endanger other peoples life,

its up to you if you want to wear a helmet, its not going to make a

difference for anyone else

Tell  that to the judge when he  is  telling  you you  have to pay the dead motorcycle  victim that drove into you as was reported by a poster here a  few  weeks  back.

Then theres the injury costs to said motorcycle, who pays for that, yes you in your taxes.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

With regards to wearing a face-masks the issue is slightly more complicated and relies on everyone to wear a mask properly, dispose of it properly and change it frequently.

I  have yet to see a single  person do this, constant fiddling with it is the norm, then the up down okey cokey, the  only cover mouth type, the only  haul  it  up when someone is close by and they spot you with it  down. This is one reason authorities knew the general public would be unable, unlike medical staff, to use them as intended. Not  using them as intended negates there entire use and imo deems them useless.

Watch any Thai for a few  minutes, I guarantee  they will touch that mask.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bannork said:

And what is the fine for not wearing a motorbike helmet that can save your life? Some thing derisory like 500 baht, and even then rarely enforced.

Priorities, gentlemen, priorities.

Not wearing a helmet is only risking your own life whilst not wearing a mask potentially risks infecting many others and the associated consequences.

Agree that 500 bht is derisory for not wearing a helmet.

• Sad 1

I wish the government could provide the public with a peer reviewed study that actually shows masks are working against covid 19 when used incorrectly by untrained people, before they tell their citizens to use masks...... 

Or is it just beeing forced upon the public so certain people could fine those not wearing masks, now that the golden goose is dead and buried? 

• Like 2

So if your being ordered to do something, like wear a mask, then I think they should be providing them free of charge to you.  Not making a mint off of you and others because they probably own a concession selling masks.......just my 2 cents

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

They would have a field day in Prachuap many folks  (mostly thais are not wearing them) or if so only for entrance to shops

Army/airforce  cadets running on beach no masks also my me many people exercise along the beach road masks ...nah!

38 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

How many people wear the same mask day after day....I would guess most.....

How many people raise and lower their mask at their convenience,.....I would guess most

A virus is so tiny these 3 baht masks offer no protection..

So the masks are pretty much 100% useless.......So the mask wearing is nothing more than a Theater production...

The deductive reasoning is astounding.

The mask, when on your mouth, will stop you spitting. It doesn't need to be there ALL the time to have SOME effect. That is NOT 100% useless...

The problem is that it's very antisocial to go out without a mask - but in a country where masks are extremely hard to come by it seems the only benefactors of this policy are the hoarders who manage to keep their Lazada/Shoppee accounts working.

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So if your being ordered to do something, like wear a mask, then I think they should be providing them free of charge to you.  Not making a mint off of you and others because they probably own a concession selling masks.......just my 2 cents

Our local ampur delivered 4 cloth masks this morning, free of charge.

This is actually about the 3rd time we've had free masks and sanitiser.

They also just announced a lucky draw for some chickens (live ones for eggs) that have been donated. Madam has of course gone and put her name down despite us already having more eggs than we can eat (she gives away any excess).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yesterday there was a pickup ( I’m guessing here ) from the Tessabahn driving around announcing giving out free masks. ( I am in Ayutthaya ). They never came down our soi !!.

It’s okay cos I still have plenty left from the box of 50 I bought 6 weeks ago ????.

Went shopping to Lotus yesterday and yes , lot’s of “ fashion “ masks starting to appear now .

5 hours ago, Retarded said:

So this disease act was established before the break out of COVID already to fine Bt 20,000 for not wearing mask. How meticulous in establishing local ordinance in Thailand! Very grateful paternal country. 

Yes, of course it was. All countries have a 'Communicable Disease Act' Covid 19 was simply added to the list when it declared thus by the WHO.

6 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

I wear a mask since first week of march. Not seen any people be fined or warned for not wearing a face mask in Pattaya.

Although it's hot and uncomfortable to wear, almost all people wear some kind of face mask now.

But how many are wearing them under the chin, or over the mouth only? and how many are anything other than scrap fabric, filtering nothing? "Disposables", how many are into their 3rd week of use? Does it matter whether it's colour side in or color side out? Of course you have to take it off to sneeze or spit, then there's having a smoke.

Chocolate teapots are fashionable this week!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Ayutthaya officials have ordered all residents and visitors to wear face masks outside their homes. Those who fail to don masks in public face a fine of up to Bt20,000 under Article 51 of the Communicable Disease Act.

Yesterday morning I went to my local CJ stores, just after 06:30 to avoid morning works traffic and people.

It takes 5 minutes to get there, I counted 7 Thais on motorcycles not wearing a mask and one road sweeper who couldn't be bothered !!!

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Yesterday morning I went to my local CJ stores, just after 06:30 to avoid morning works traffic and people.

It takes 5 minutes to get there, I counted 7 Thais on motorcycles not wearing a mask and one road sweeper who couldn't be bothered !!!

Are masks mandatory throughout Thailand or is it up to the province governor ?