Amazing Trusted Thailand: TAT set for rebrand as foreign tourists expected to return in October

webfact

I would suggest this is a very high risk campaign.

the use of the word ‘trusted’ seems to be intended to refer to covid 10, or the lack thereof, in Thailand, with the inference being that tourists will be “safe” in Thailand.

the problem is two fold.

Firstly, the government and/or TAT have no absolute control over the virus. An outbreak of a cluster anywhere in Thailand that gets publicity, and the whole campaign goes up in smoke.

secondly, the slogan doesn’t categorically specify “trusted” in the covid sense. So any scam, new or old, that gets publicity, and once again the whole campaign goes up in smoke.

I can see why there is a desire to leverage a Thailand’s benign covid 10 position, but I’m surprised that a marketing agency would do it in such a high risk fashion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

As part of the rebrand, TAT will put health and safety at the forefront of the new promotional campaign with the aim of helping to build confidence among foreign tourists.

Translation:  They will pay lip service to it at every opportunity, but the water at many popular beaches will still remain dirty. 

P.T. Barnum would have loved the junta.  Both believe a sucker is born every minute.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Trusted?

Trusted they will let the

Chinese in - willy nilly.

While making Johnny Farang jump through assorted hoops with silly visa requirements.

Im sure many will be watching attentively, and if above proves to be true, im betting it really will be "last nail in coffin" time.

Yet jonny farang doesn't need a visa to visit Thailand but Mr Zhao from China DOES. Hmm...so what is the point of your post, other than to distort reality?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I mean its all I could do to stop from pissing myself when I read this ludicrous new idea.  Where are there minds at "Trusted", Yes trusted to be scammed, trusted to loose your money, trusted to take what you have when asking you to stay on a visa...need I say more.....

Same place as your mind is for spelling of there.  It is THEIR. ????.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MrMo said:

I have used the Thai Government Public Health System for major surgery and it was superb but for one major point.   I had to settle the bill direct on discharge.

The hospitals don't claim from most, if not all, medical / accident insurance companies, including the Thai companies.   The patient has to settle with the hospital and then go through the process of claiming.

To enhance this problem even more, it take two weeks for the report required by the insurance company that details the condition and treatment to be prepared by the hospital.

By then the tourist will have a) run out of money, b) gone home, c) whatever you can think up..

This was a Government Hospital.

Private hospitals, such as Bangkok Hospital, have international insurance staff on hand and will sort out your claims quickly and efficiently.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

with Thailand promoting itself as a destination for health tourism. 

Obviously due to the crystal clear air.

'Come, enjoy our wonderful hospitals - we are experts in respiratory problems'

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Haha 1

You will see from my profile that I do not contribute much to this site.  However, I have to write that when I read this article I actually laughed out loud.  Trust Thailand is an absolute joke..............I'll stop at that because this, like so many other sites, is watched by those we should trust !!

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Same place as your mind is for spelling of there.  It is THEIR. ????.

Please excuse me for using the wrong term and not the possessive pronoun which was the appropriate noun in this case. Please be gentle when you smack the back of my hand now Sister with your ruler ????

Thank you so dearly for helping me become a better writer....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ranshoko said:

Another ill thought out and desperate dreamland thinking by TAT. Anything can happen between now and October. A lot of people won't have money for vacations. 

But somehow me thinks the " Low Risk Chinese " will be Quarantine Exempt, and will not need a Medical Certificate of Travel.

The only thing they will need is a fat Wallet and cards that are not yet maxxed out.

• Like 2

Well this gives me some hope.  I have a trip back home in mid October with a planned return to LOS for early  November.  At least for now no need to change my travel dates? Maybe I can find a Genie in a bottle and ask for three wishes: 1) World Peace 2) inner Peace 3) Either  Understand Women or grant me clearance to re-enter LOS in November ?? Tough Choices.