TAT expects big jump in tourism earnings in September

rooster59

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Domestic tourism for most people is taking money they would yse at home to either buy food or goods, saving it, and spending it elsewhere. The money is already here in the country. If its credit they are using then the household debt just goes up as they may not be able to repay the bank for that great weekend they had on someone else's dime. When will these morons stop with the tourist figures and increase in money from domestic tourism as saving the country.  What a bunch of buffoons.

Or people with money who will now spend it in Thailand as opposed to abroad as they cant travel..........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Domestic tourism for most people is taking money they would yse at home to either buy food or goods, saving it, and spending it elsewhere. The money is already here in the country. If its credit they are using then the household debt just goes up as they may not be able to repay the bank for that great weekend they had on someone else's dime. When will these morons stop with the tourist figures and increase in money from domestic tourism as saving the country.  What a bunch of buffoons.

Come on, be fair. At least they're professional buffoons.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Good point. headline September : Sales of extra rain macks for domestic travel fill foreign tourist hole !

Talking of 'tourist holes', I do hope all potential death-traps are closed securely.

We don't want an opportunity for a sequel to 'The Cave'

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Tourism revenue in September will grow by 20 per cent compared to the same month last year

Cool, we don't need these dirty foreigners, so stop with all the "we must accept the Chinese hordes and open Phuket now".

Congratulations, you have successfully pivoted. Now just get on with it.

4 hours ago, mr mr said:

and i expect a big jump in my sex life but we both know these things are not happening are they TAT ? 

You mean you are aiming at having 20% more sex in September than you did during the same month last year? You know what? I think that unlike the TAT prediction re. domestic tourism it might well work out -- if you put a little... uhm... back into it.

oh dear can anyone really be that dumb,its rainy season the cars will be skidding about with drunks in them,but not as many as normal as they dont work now in many industries ,the ones that have collapsed and failed.people havent much money now,the people at the top of the feudal hierachy have all of it.thats the problem but they dont care. how dare the peasants talk back .they should know their place.well the peasants wallets wont be opening thats for sure.a bigger revenue yr than last yr .ha ha wow.ive t shirts with higher IQs than these 1/2 wits.so no tourists and people with no money who want to work after no work for 6 mnths,this is imbecilic but they keep banging it out,ahhh of course theyre govt.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The entrepreneurs demanded that the government support their financial liquidity, and hasten the return of tourists to visit the country’s safe and sealed areas, which were strictly controlled.

Other countries have to agree allowing their citizens go and return, oh wait, I forget.  Thailand is the center of the universe.   All that matters are what Thailand wants.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

dreamers .....     maybe up from July slightly because of the long weekend but I doubt 20% will be achieved. How the heck do these experts come up with all these projected figures in every news story,  I guess they all have dart boards in their tea rooms. 

Either that or a roulette wheel 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

dreamers .....     maybe up from July slightly because of the long weekend but I doubt 20% will be achieved. How the heck do these experts come up with all these projected figures in every news story,  I guess they all have dart boards in their tea rooms. 

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Tourism revenue in September will grow by 20 per cent compared to the same month last year,

Read the first line again Steven they mean up 20% on Sept 2019.It's even worse than you thought.

• Like 1