Any indication ASQ will be reduced to 10 days?

I read about this proposal from Public Health Ministry a few weeks ago. Has anyone seen any development since? I am abroad and planning to re-enter the country in coming weeks and wondering if it is worthwhile to wait -- I assume shorter period would significantly reduce cost of ASQ.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, unless your flying in from China there is no point holding out for the quarantine period to be reduced. 

I am not sure about that. I think there are other countries that qualify as low risk countries.

5 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

Low risk countries are now 10 days. However TAT also announced that nobody has applied for special Visas yet to come to Thailand in November. This quarantine nonsense will just kill the tourism industry. 

Where is a link to "low risk countries are now 10 days". 

I don't mean news clip from comedy club TAT.

"special visas" assume you mean STV.

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Where is a link to "low risk countries are now 10 days". 

I don't mean news clip from comedy club TAT.

"special visas" assume you mean STV.

I have got that a bit wrong it's a proposal approved by the Public Health Operation Centre to the CCSA for approval. 

3 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

I have got that a bit wrong it's a proposal approved by the Public Health Operation Centre to the CCSA for approval. 

They are almost daily statements. 

FWIW ...I think they will reduce it to perhaps even 7. It will be tied into STV entries from China. They will try and sell it on the basis of China is the low risk country and easy direct flights from/to BKK. The inclusion of Scandinavian countries at the start was smoke screen. Look situation Sweden and many other countries now. 

The interesting thing is, I don't believe China wants it's folk traveling outside of China.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, david_je said:

I read about this proposal from Public Health Ministry a few weeks ago. Has anyone seen any development since? I am abroad and planning to re-enter the country in coming weeks and wondering if it is worthwhile to wait -- I assume shorter period would significantly reduce cost of ASQ.

Just talk at the moment, stands at 14 days.

23 hours ago, david_je said:

Really?

On 11/6/2020 at 12:40 PM, david_je said:

Has anyone seen any development since?

• 14 day quarantine is there for a reason, try and tweak that, then expect the cat to be out of the bag infecting others.
  • A 36 year old Indian man travelling from India tested positive for Covid-19. He arrived to Thailand on October 23 and tested positive 12 days later while at an alternative quarantine facility in Bangkok. He was asymptomatic and admitted to a private hospital.
  • A 56 year old Thai woman travelling from Saudi Arabia tested positive for Covid-19. She arrived on October 23 and was on the same flight as 2 previously confirmed cases. She tested positive 11 days later while at a state quarantine facility in Bangkok. She was also asymptomatic.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/retired-thai-official-with-covid-19-dies-after-returning-to-thailand

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Sad 1

Coconuts posted a recent article naming 6 countries that may soon be eligible for 10-day ASQ 

Backtracking, Thailand cuts quarantine time for only 6 nationalities
By Coconuts Bangkok | Nov 6, 2020  11:47am Bangkok time

Arrivals from countries deemed low risk – China, Vietnam, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand – will only have to quarantine 10 days after the plan wins approval, Kiattiphum Wongrajit of the Public Health Ministry said.

The original plan was to reduce quarantine for all arrivals, but it went over poorly with the public. For now, everyone else will still have to do the full 14 days.  

• Like 1