How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

9 minutes ago, champers said:

Was the ATK at WS entrance voluntary? You could always dodge it anyway by going down a side soi off 2nd Rd.

Yeah purely voluntary, I walked straight past (I've avoided doing an ATK for entry so far)

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Did a visit to first part of Walking Street last night. Stones, Rock House. Fahrenheit and Lucifers all open, not with crowds but people in all with some good bands playing. Windmill and Le Pub pretty busy on soi 15.

There's some life left in the old girl yet ????

Note: there were free ATK's at WS entrance, while some clubs were charging 120 baht

Was chatting with a pal only yesterday who gave me a report on his visit to Walking St... said he went to Windmill and Pinups and said a waste of time. Le Pub OK. He thinks the place will never recover its past glory!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Was chatting with a pal only yesterday who gave me a report on his visit to Walking St... said he went to Windmill and Pinups and said a waste of time. Le Pub OK. He thinks the place will never recover its past glory!

Well they have repaved the road and are just finishing off re-doing the footpaths so they are planning to open fully soon I would think.

There is also another improvement, no tour groups staring and taking multiple pics and videos of you, that was the real death of WS glory days for me

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Did a visit to first part of Walking Street last night. Stones, Rock House. Fahrenheit and Lucifers all open, not with crowds but people in all with some good bands playing. Windmill and Le Pub pretty busy on soi 15.

There's some life left in the old girl yet ????

Note: there were free ATK's at WS entrance, while some clubs were charging 120 baht

Did any of those places require an ATK test to get in? 

13 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

There is also another improvement, no tour groups staring and taking multiple pics and videos of you, that was the real death of WS glory days for me

What makes you say that.... when tourists do return, I expect the large Chinese groups to return with them..... many are unable to get about any other way. A free stroll down WS will be on the agenda surely. 

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Did any of those places require an ATK test to get in? 

I only went to a couple of places and they didn't ask for an ATK, just temp check. I assumed places selling ATK's would definitely be asking so didn't go in 

• Like 2

When I was last here in Nov 19 Treetown to me was just a few bars and a VW booze van on a corner of Bukhao next to Beer Hub.

Pleasantly surprised that the place is massive now with bars wall to wall on both sides of the Soi for over 100m and then turn right for another 50m of bars.

Quite impressive growth ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

I see there's a new area in town being completed. Xzyte Square off 3rd road where the old Xzyte disco used to be.

Most of the buildings have bar or restaurant signs but are still being completed. KFC, a japanese buffet restaurant and Sky Music bar are all up and running,

20220207_121143.jpg

20220207_121236.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I see there's a new area in town being completed. Xzyte Square off 3rd road where the old Xzyte disco used to be.

Most of the buildings have bar or restaurant signs but are still being completed. KFC, a japanese buffet restaurant and Sky Music bar are all up and running,

That's hardly news.

13 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

That's hardly news.

Well it was news to me, not all of us have been here in the last 2 years and I didn't see anyone else mention it

As KFC opening is plastered all over 3rd road I'm thinking news for Pattaya also. They also look much better than all the beer bar complexes closed down that people were crying about, so news is Pattaya is looking better

Maybe 1 month before they all open ????

Edited by aussiexpat

14 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Well it was news to me, not all of us have been here in the last 2 years and I didn't see anyone else mention it

Yes they have been building it since pre-Covid, (and taking their time about it), a lot of speculation in the interim. If I am on foot I sometimes use it as a cut through to Buakhao from 3rd. Initial thoughts were of a big food market aimed at Chinese tourists, and my usual pessimism was of the crowds and coaches all over the place and on the edge of the Buakhao bar area. I don't see much potential at the moment, but likely it would  appeal to visiting Thais from Bangkok.... although parking is limited. The land stood empty for a long time... might have made a good car park!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

The hole in the wall has reopened on Soi Post Office 13\2, new man and lady team, but the Penang Gai i tried was poor, grisly chicken, the cheap variety you get in Buakhao food court so i doubt I'll go back, shame that, the previous husband and wife did quality food

On 2/7/2022 at 4:38 PM, aussiexpat said:

As KFC opening is plastered all over 3rd road I'm thinking news for Pattaya also. They also look much better than all the beer bar complexes closed down that people were crying about, so news is Pattaya is looking better

Maybe 1 month before they all open ????

There wasn't much to mention chief, the building work was going on forever and nowt happening to the finished units. 

Been out of town for two months myself so it's all news to me too. 

On 2/9/2022 at 2:03 PM, scubascuba3 said:

The hole in the wall has reopened on Soi Post Office 13\2, new man and lady team, but the Penang Gai i tried was poor, grisly chicken, the cheap variety you get in Buakhao food court so i doubt I'll go back, shame that, the previous husband and wife did quality food

You've got me there, thought I knew Soi Post well but I'm struggling to place it. 

On 2/7/2022 at 4:38 PM, aussiexpat said:

so news is Pattaya is looking better

I liked Pattaya the way it was, that's why I go there. I don't like Skelmersdale or places that look like it that's why I am here..