No vaccine, no entry – the next challenge of Covid-19

webfact

A post linking to a psuedoscience/conspiracy website masquerading as a legitimate science website has been removed.

Overall, we rate Science.News an extreme right biased Quackery Level Pseudoscience website that also publishes conspiracy theories. This source is associated with Natural News, which is one of the most discredited sources on the internet.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/science-news-2/

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, daejung said:

I feel an internationally recognized certificate of vaccination should be used, so that it could be used and understood worldwide

Harmonising patented vaccines is difficult.

At this stage the vaccines are not yet ‘certified’ because it’s not yet tested and confirmed :

-how long immunity will last

-how effective the vaccines will be in different populations (genetics vs age)

-if people can still transmit the disease to others if they’ve been immunised.

• Like 2

What happens if you give the vaccine to someone with covid?  How long after the vaccine before it is working amd you can travel.  Surely 1 day and you could still be a transmission vehicle.   

Are that's currently not required to take a test before being repatriated?  Ups the risk of getting covid on the  flight. 

17 minutes ago, daejung said:

Will they drop the 100 000 $ covid-19 insurance too ?

That would be too much. Showing a vaccination certificate when entering Thailand ok, showing it all the time would be terrible

Back in the 1990s when I first went contracting the company sent us to a hosital and some doctors to get jabbed up and all the certificate stamps were kept in a small yellow  booklet along with the certificates. For every job there might be different jabs needed so we produced the booklet to the office and they checked what we had and if we needed extras. Yellow fever lasted 10 years I think but nobody ever asked to see it.

• Like 2

Pandemics are caused by infected people travelling so airlines, international ferries and cruises will all be insisting on vaccination certificates. If you choose not to be vaccinated then you will exclude yourself from that freedom, at least until the virus is no longer a threat.

All viruses mutate so the vaccine will continue to be developed just like the flu vaccine. 

Fine policy in principle, however if Thailand decides to implement from the beginning of 2021, the tourism industry will continue to languish while the vaccine filters through to those not in the front line or considered vulnerable - about 90% of the international market.

There have been several posts here suggesting that the COVID vaccine trials that have been occurring thus far in different countries have been on only small numbers of subjects. That's not true for the major trials.

For example, the AztraZeneca trial results this week reported from the UK and Brazil, the portion that had the most successful efficacy result, involved about 2800 participants.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/23/business/astrazeneca-oxford-coronavirus-vaccine.html

And the Pfizer vaccine trial results recently reported from the U.S. involved some 43,000 participants.

Data demonstrate vaccine was well tolerated across all populations with over 43,000 participants enrolled; no serious safety concerns observed; the only Grade 3 adverse event greater than 2% in frequency was fatigue at 3.8% and headache at 2.0%

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-conclude-phase-3-study-covid-19-vaccine

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OttoPollmann said:

sorry about my stupid question.
The best of these vaccines will have a effectiveness of 95%. On the other hand, the mortality of sars-cov-2 is 2.3%.
Would that mean, even with a vaccination the mortality will not decrease?
Furthermore,  most of those fatality patients had underlaying conditions of any kind of sickness or age. Will be this vaccine effective with this precondition or are these the 5% causality.

Anyways, for sure I will not take any vaccine from a 3th world country. If I get forced, and that will be the case because I work worldwide, the vaccine must come from Germany.

Common mistake, the vaccine will apparently be effective in approx 90 - 95% meaning they will not catch Covid, the mortality rate  rate is  2-3% of 100% of the population potentially, after the vaccine it is 2-3% of 5% of the population.

25 minutes ago, NRGF said:

If I remember correctly it was 40/50 years ago, Cholera, Typhoid, Typhus and others.

Smallpox was till early 70s mandatory and this disease is vanished and gone except for 3 labs where they stock the virus for research purpose . Polio is looking great in solving that 1 also , since if i remember correct , due to vaccination program , i think they declared last year the 1st period ( 1y/5y or 10y i forgot ..) where no cases has showed up .

When i went to Thailand for travel i took Hepatitis A+B shots , and every 10y ( if im correct ) i still get Tetanus shots .

Vaccinations work , are mandatory in some cases , and has saved millions of lives .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I`m assuming vaccine certificates will be easy to forge, it`s far from a fool proof method. and easy money for someone who can distribute them. 

More to the point whoever is administering the vaccines will hardly be handing out certificates to everyone, how will it work?

• Sad 1

Once upon a time one would need a who book of vaccines and inoculations to go anywhere and keep them up to date. Surely any sane person would think the benefit of a jab outweighs the problems of airline boneheads expecting one get fit to fly certificates without having a clue what they are, being banged up in ASQ for 15 days and doing the covid test before leaving. As for anti vaxxers, if they choose suicide over common sense, good riddance.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mberbae said:

If Thailand is serious about bringing back the Economy, they should offer Vaccines upon arrival.

Free...or, by using their usual double pricing system - free for locals and 1000 baht for foreigners.

if upon arrival and since you need 2 shots for the vaccine to be effective, you go to quarantine in the meantime.

And even 1 shot vaccine generally take 2 weeks to be effective

Edited by daejung

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I still have my yellow book. I got some jabs when I was going to Singapore with the military in the 70s but forget what they were for.

Certain countries had to have some jabs before people allowed into Thailand if I remember correctly. I think yellow fever was one, but don't remember from which country.

Depending where you come from, some countries still insist on certificates of vaccination for things like yellow fever and polio before permitting entry.

I would hope that with all the hoo-hah that came with biometric passports, they could actually be useful in holding your vaccination record without the need for the 19th century little book/bits of paper solution.

According to the schedule, I'm due to get done in early January and I'd consider travel soon after but only without the stay at the Alcatraz Bangkok.

• Like 1