SURVEY: How long before tourism returns to normal?

Scott

SURVEY: How long before tourism returns to normal?  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With a  vaccine on the horizon, how long before tourist numbers return to normal levels?  Please feel free to leave a comment, including any restrictions you think that Thailand  may put on tourists in the short term.

13 minutes ago, internationalism said:

it would never be the same "normal" tourism from the previous years.

there would be travel certificates, confirming recent vaccination, negative test.

Each country might require their own certified vaccination, and not one of many hundreds, which will appear on the market soon.

So consulates will be handling vaccinations.

As majority of airlines will get bankrupt, scaled down, flying once every week, there would be less competition and airfare sore, beyond budget traveller means. So the majority would be short regional travel, not intercontinental one. For Thailand it will mean growing Chinese, Indian and possible Russian tourism, on top of steady Korean, Japanese.

Intercontinental travel would not be for 2-3 weeks, but 2-3 months would make financial sense.

13 minutes ago, internationalism said:

it would never be the same "normal" tourism from the previous years.

there would be travel certificates, confirming recent vaccination, negative test.

Each country might require their own certified vaccination, and not one of many hundreds, which will appear on the market soon.

So consulates will be handling vaccinations.

As majority of airlines will get bankrupt, scaled down, flying once every week, there would be less competition and airfare sore, beyond budget traveller means. So the majority would be short regional travel, not intercontinental one. For Thailand it will mean growing Chinese, Indian and possible Russian tourism, on top of steady Korean, Japanese.

Intercontinental travel would not be for 2-3 weeks, but 2-3 months would make financial sense.

Not make snce at all when most cant affort to have more than a couple of weeks off.....  and dont think the high earners can, they have more stress and less time than most...  have you never heard the saying  : the poor have time and the rich do not?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scott said:

With a  vaccine on the horizon, how long before tourist numbers return to normal levels?  Please feel free to leave a comment, including any restrictions you think that Thailand  may put on tourists in the short term.

"Normal tourism will return this year, probably in the second half."

Probably mean next year as it is December.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Question and all replies a load of hot air.... nobody knows...  remember Trump saying it will all be over for easter?  ha ha .. just blah blah..

But we still have to make our best guess, just so we can plan for the future. I’m having an expensive multi-outlet AC installed in my flat, and will buy a super gaming PC once the new graphics cards are available, as I’m guessing that I’m going to be imprisoned in Australia for at least the next few years. Hope it turns out that I’ll have wasted my money.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Here is a thought, you mentioned retirement here in LOS.  My pessimistic view is that Thailand will make it increasingly difficult for new retirement visas.  Once we present lot shuffle off to the quantum world, they will slowly reduce old folks until none are left. Just a theory but not an unrealistic view. 

I think opposite to you, they need the retirees as much as they need the tourists, and if tourism drops off, they have to make up for the losses, in other words, they need the money, remember when some dickh's said that they didn't need tourists, well ah....hello, what has been in the media for the past 12 months, nothing short of a slaughter, they need us more than we need them IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr mr said:

mass tourism from the west will not be coming back to thailand like it was before. focus on your new market and move on. china and india. 

If you made this prediction 10 years ago, you might have been on to something... predicting yesterdays news is no a difficult task...