Why do Thais recommend divorced women with children to farang?

ZhangYimou

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

In my observation, its not that the Thai male doesnt want the female, he just will not accept nor take care of another mans children. The child (ren) ends up with the grandparents permanently.

In plenty of cases that means he wants the lady to devote herself to his wants and only him and at whatever time he wants 'attention'.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ZhangYimou said:

My farang friend is handsome, young and has a good job. He is single.

Oh wonderful, I have a Thai friend from school who is now divorced and has a child. We should introduce them! 

Has anyone else noticed this pattern? Is it because Thai people think that farang are more accepting of women with children or is it just that they think that farangs are all a bunch of  losers and below Thais on the social scale?

I only notice this behavior in Thailand.  

they know foreigners don't mind 2nd hand goods... 555

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Allow me to observe there are quite a few rural village girls who are just as good-looking as any Hi-So. My GF's daughter is an absolute stunner.

Is she whitening her skin? (doesn't matter if she is white already)

Does she have an artificial nose? (better even fake boobs)

Wearing expensive clothes? 

Does she show off expensive perfume from Paris in her handbag? (no matter if she smells like...)

Do her parents have money? 

If one answer is "no" she isn't beautiful in the eyes of Thais. 

• Like 1

Flame post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

Is she whitening her skin? (doesn't matter if she is white already)

Does she have an artificial nose? (better even fake boobs)

Wearing expensive clothes? 

Does she show off expensive perfume from Paris in her handbag? (no matter if she smells like...)

Do her parents have money? 

If one answer is "no" she isn't beautiful in the eyes of Thais. 

She's a bit whiter than my GF, she doesn't use whiteners, the answer to all the others is no. And if Thais don't think she is beautiful, more fool them. If I was 30 years younger and unattached, I'd snap her up in a heartbeat, she's a sweetie.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

How many have you met personally in order to come to such conclusion? I actually work with quite some kids from big families, including the very big ones. I haven’t dated any of them, but they’re far from being “vain spoilt airheads”. Most have been incredibly polite, hard-working, polished, well educated, smart and eager to learn. The biggest issue is that they don’t work because of the money; they drive their own or one of daddy’s S class when they come to work. They work because they want to learn and gain experience and get a brand name into their CV, so you need to give them interesting stuff to work on otherwise they move on. On the other hand, that’s an issue even with kids who aren’t part of the 1%. The market for very well-educated Thais is small, so they all have their options. 

I've met two or three at the golf club where I used to play.They snubbed my GF, presumably because she was older and and darker-skinned, and attached to a farang. They may have wondered why I never played golf with them again, but it's more likely the thought never entered their empty heads. Ignorant bitches.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

i've  never encountered any of these problems with my Thai step-daughter.

She moved in age 11 speaking no  English, and is now in her final term at university age 22 and almost NES.

She has been nothing but lovely for the entire time she lived with me.

seems like you guys bonded like father and daughter and a daughter does seem easier.

I've had three friends get a divorce and lose everything, but their step-son was older than 11.  it is GOOD that you shared a positive experience.

OK, no more positive talk on TVF!!!!!  

11 hours ago, ZhangYimou said:

My farang friend is handsome, young and has a good job. He is single.

Oh wonderful, I have a Thai friend from school who is now divorced and has a child. We should introduce them! 

Has anyone else noticed this pattern? Is it because Thai people think that farang are more accepting of women with children or is it just that they think that farangs are all a bunch of  losers and below Thais on the social scale?

The reason is simple. A single Thai woman with child(ren) needs financial support. What better support than a wealthy farang?

• Like 1

As i am not judge or jury this topic is a  can on worms. Some Farangs think they are smart and marry and stay in Thailand  so their wives  do not get influenced with  others from the country  where they go.  Others  come to say Australia  and  get on with their lives. 

From  my experience it does not matter how you go about it  and as long as you have money and prepared to give to the family  you will  have no problems.

When the money becomes tight  cracks will appear  and you will be a Cheap Charlie  or have no heart.

Enough have been written about the subject and   from my observation Thai ladies only love their family and money. Their  family does not include the Western  husband.

Yep waiting for it what would I know ,  mine is different.

i always tell people the story would you give your  western GF/s parents  $40000 to marry her?  Answer is always No so why do  Farangs do just that in Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

this question is really hard as each person has their own values, issues and situations which all play a role.

Its my opinion only that for a single-mother there IS some measure of “security” when it comes to a prospective partner.. after all, as the mother, for the most part, the onus for child care/expenses will fall to them.. sure, they may get help from extended family- but the first person will the the mother.

So to that end, i can see why a friend of a single-parent might place increased value on the financial/stability measure when suggesting a prospective partner..

I’ve also found that for a large percentage of females who are both university graduates AND fully/gainfully employed in the formal employment sector (ie not “at-home” or other largely off-book work) they aren’t really seeking to have children right now... rather they seem to be more focused on their own financial stability, that of their parents/family etc, BEFORE they consider having children of their own... again, everyone’s different, but I myself, have met a sizable percentage of women in this socio-economic group who’d LIKE children, but haven chosen not to do so until they establish a better financial position.

To a good degree, i think for many  women, the issue of “will this person be financially viable...?” will factor into their thinking to varying degrees... 

... and again, how things work and the thinking/values process for women/families who live much more “rurally” and as such may find they have fewer economic and educational options, may place economic higher.. or they may just accept “it is what it is” and be less selective.

My partner, her parents were initially quite keen to learn of my work, income and income stability, etc... and i don’t blame them as my partner is keen to have children in the very near future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mr mr said:

can we all just agree that westen men and thai men generally see beauty in a much different light ? i don't see it  as ignorance i simply see it as preference. beauty in  the eye of the beholder and all that.  

I don't know - I think I've "gone native," as it were, insofar as I've developed a preference for the same girls who are coveted by hi-so Thai men, i.e., the lighter-skinned Sino-Thai-looking girls.

Note: This change didn't occur overnight: When I was a newb, and before I'd gotten "the lay of the land" (no pun intended) I simply didn't notice the regional/ethnic differences among the native female population.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ZhangYimou said:

Yes, it's "social security". The Thai-father of the child don't pay child support money, and Thai men are in general not particularly interested in single moms and supporting somebody else's child...????

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mops59 said:

Thai women don't get child support, previous husband refuse to pay. Depending on family for support. So falang is trustworthy. They pay. ????????????????

Or not as the case may be, then sit in the bars glorifying 'rentals', contemplating why money is so important to Thai people who don't have it, and too important to be shared by Farang who claim to have it!!

33 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:
14 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

Because no thai man wants them.

Bs. I personally know of a mother of 4 kids who did a runner on her Thai husband to go with a Thai lover. She took all 4 kids with her

generally speaking and not case specific. waaaaay more single moms are not as lucky as that lady. in thai society weather or not you agree single moms are not viewed in a good light when it comes to dating and/or marriage.

1 hour ago, m Stender said:

Farangs do not have mia nois

Have you ever met a farang?

I have, and trust me, they do have mia nois, in farangland as well as in Thailand. 

Just as an example,  read up on the kiwi EVA pilot with wife and family in Japan and a mia noi 30 years his junior in Taiwan who just infected his mia noi with Covid19 and then tried to hide her.

Or my dear friend Dr xxx from farangia. After his death, his daughter was surprised to find out she had a half-sister.

Every TG "knows" that farangs have wife and kids in farangland. They are happy to ignore it as long as they get money. 

• Like 1