What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Don't recall seeing S2 of See mentioned, sorry if I missed it.

"In a future where humankind has lost the ability to see and is forced to interact in new ways, a set of twins with sight is born, challenging the status quo."

S1 scores an decent 7.6 on IMDb.

I enjoyed the first episode of Grace a few months ago and have been awaiting episode 2. While it's not yet been broadcast in the UK, it has been released on Britbox and I see that it is now on Lime.

"Written by the critically-acclaimed screenwriter Russell Lewis, this adaptation of the bestseller by Peter James stars John Simm and follows the Brighton-based Detective Roy Grace, who has hit rock bottom in his life. His wife Sandy disappeared six years ago, and Roy spends all his time investigating cold cases. Meanwhile, his different ways of working are being questioned by his bosses, risking his job. However, things look set to change when his colleague Detective Glenn Branson asks for his help on a difficult case."

OK this 1970 movie got terrible reviews and if you watch it you will understand why.

The Magic Garden of Stanley Sweetheart.

Full movie available on YouTube.

Did not post link because of age restricted content. 

But if you're a baby boomer you might experience flashbacks. According to the youtube comments the building shown under construction is the future Twin Towers. 

But most interesting of all is Andy Warhol's take on the movie.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_Garden_of_Stanley_Sweetheart

Warhol nevertheless praised the film as "the quintessential, most truthful studio-made film about the '60s counterculture". In The Andy Warhol Diaries, Warhol recounted that Martin Poll had approached him in 1986 about doing a movie on Warhol's life story, to which Warhol responded that "a wonderful movie had already been made on the sixties, and he should just remake it — The Magic Garden of Stanley Sweetheart.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2021 at 2:26 PM, Will27 said:
Documentary: 9/11: Inside the President's War Room

This was really good.
Summary: This remarkable documentary shows exactly how 9/11 unfolded for George W Bush, from the multiple prayer breaks to the anti-anthrax pills – and the vow to ‘kick ass’ before he knew whose ass to kick.

Excellent, thanks for posting this, how anyone can watch docs like this and still think it was an 'inside job' is difficult to understand. There is another one on surviving 9/11, this one was more interesting though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2021 at 12:21 PM, Blue Muton said:

Really enjoyable show with a great soundtrack from the much underestimated and often overlooked (IMHO) Donovan.

What about the placement of T Rex material, quite disconcerting the first time I heard it, but now see that someone had great vision to place it in the show.

Silent Witness---season 24---8 episodes -weekly

When Jack and Nikki enter a high-security prison to investigate the suspicious death of an inmate, the case brings up disturbing memories for Nikki. The victim’s cellmate is Scott Weston, the student responsible for a mass shooting she witnessed ten years earlier. Nikki becomes increasingly convinced that Scott is their prime suspect, but Jack worries she is not following the evidence.

BTW-- If you have not seen this before--don't worry about it being Season 24, they are stand alone series like Vera etc

Edited by sanuk711

19 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I enjoyed the first episode of Grace a few months ago and have been awaiting episode 2. While it's not yet been broadcast in the UK, it has been released on Britbox and I see that it is now on Lime.

Is this the one that came out in May--Looking good dead ? because I can not find a season 2 , just 2 episodes from season 1 .....in March & May.

I agree with you--good series, if I am missing a new one like to find it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11639300/

Grenfell: The Untold Story.......... BBC Doco made for Ch 4...... 7/9/21

UK’s worst residential fire since World War II.

The fire that broke out in West London’s 24-storey Grenfell Tower in June 2017 left 72 people dead and more than 70 others injured. The fire burned for about 60 hours before finally being extinguished.

BBC obtained film footage of the  £10million refurbishment in the years before the fire, when highly combustible cladding was applied to the outside of the building. The footage documents the struggles of the Grenfell Residents Group, who raised issues and concerns about the work being carried out.  

19 hours ago, DanWill said:

VIGIL on BBC is worth a shuftie.

I got sort of roasted for saying much the same when it first came out DanWill ....Yes now episode 3 is out & Stephen Graham (time/Line of duty) is back-its turning out to be a good thriller.

------------------------------

I don't sleep that well-often wake up in the wee hours, have a TV in the bedroom, sometimes turn on & there is the last half of a movie ot TV program---I watch it and think this is quite good, I enjoyed that, but when it gets to the credits I realize I had down loaded this a year or so ago and deleted it as being rubbish after 15 min or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Is this the one that came out in May--Looking good dead ? because I can not find a season 2 , just 2 episodes from season 1 .....in March & May.

I agree with you--good series, if I am missing a new one like to find it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11639300/

Yes, just the two episodes so far from season 1 - but episode 2 is yet to be broadcast in the UK, I understand.

31 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Yes, just the two episodes so far from season 1 - but episode 2 is yet to be broadcast in the UK, I understand.

It was broadcast in UK May---- I posted it -- Page 41 ...topic 9

It was good worth a watch---for some reason it seems to take to long to do season 2....maybe Covid

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2021 at 5:44 AM, bobandyson said:

Yesterday

Netflix.

A guy wakes up after an accident and quickly realises that nobody has ever heard of the Beatles.

I quite enjoyed it and I've just been on google and found that the Beatles did actually exist.

I did enjoy that movie, but didn't like that it went woke at the end and he confessed all. Should have kept his yap shut and enjoyed the ride.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I got sort of roasted for saying much the same when it first came out DanWill ....Yes now episode 3 is out & Stephen Graham (time/Line of duty) is back-its turning out to be a good thriller.

------------------------------

I don't sleep that well-often wake up in the wee hours, have a TV in the bedroom, sometimes turn on & there is the last half of a movie ot TV program---I watch it and think this is quite good, I enjoyed that, but when it gets to the credits I realize I had down loaded this a year or so ago and deleted it as being rubbish after 15 min or so.

Strangely I heard on BBC or LBC News that one of the Navy ships intercepting the illegal migrants in the channel is called...........HMS VIGIL.

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

It was broadcast in UK May---- I posted it -- Page 41 ...topic 9

It was good worth a watch---for some reason it seems to take to long to do season 2....maybe Covid

How come it's only just being shown on BBC then. Where was it broadcast in May?

8 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Please explain, two episodes so far from season 1, but Episode 2 is yet to be broadcast.

I think you mean Season 2 is yet to be broadcast, but do you think they will send Series 2 before Series 1, Ep 3? 

Edited by DanWill

18 hours ago, DanWill said:

How come it's only just being shown on BBC then. Where was it broadcast in May?

It was broadcast in the UK in May--we all watched ....... they are putting a repeat out--often happens.

Go to The Pirates type Grace-- 6 line down both episodes says Mini Series put on there in May---

On 9/7/2021 at 9:08 AM, Blue Muton said:

• Confused 1