Biggest Starbucks in Thailand opens in Bangkok - and it will serve alcohol

webfact

On 2/13/2021 at 8:39 AM, Susco said:

I heard they gonna ban farangs sitting there with 1 double espresso, while using the free WIFI and aircon for half a day, so should be no problem to find a seat then.

Guess I learned something.     I always thought the Starbucks  food choice was fairly decent.   Expensive but certainly tasty.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

Guess I learned something.     I always thought the Starbucks  food choice was fairly decent.   Expensive but certainly tasty.

Did you remember to take a selfie with it? 

I think their “food” is good as well, although I would classify it more as snacks and/or desserts than food. It’s not really like people go there for meals do they? Perhaps they do, I haven’t been there for a few years. 

They opened the first SB in the city where I live. I'm amazed how popular it is. Very few farangs live there, I'm always the only farang customer. There's a Coffee Today near by where prices are about half, but the Thais seem to prefer Starbucks. Most get a cold one to go, don't even hang around. I think I'm their only customer that drinks coffee hot. 

27 minutes ago, seajae said:

starbucks is absolute garbage coffee, those that drink it have p*ss poor taste buds or want others to think they are "woke", many of the smaller coffee shops/makers produce much better tasting coffee, like most things its the name sells it not the taste 

I’m looking for shops that make good coffee, would you please provide a few examples of the better ones? 

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why be a hater

Why be a name-caller? 

Get a grip dude, it was a joke. 

I don’t hate anything that can’t hate me back. That’s why I find it hilarious that people “hate” Starbucks. 

Don’t you think it funny?

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Why be a name-caller? 

Get a grip dude, it was a joke. 

I don’t hate anything that can’t hate me back. That’s why I find it hilarious that people “hate” Starbucks. 

Don’t you think it funny?

I absolutely do, and my retort was in jest.  Starbucks is overpriced, I miss my Peet's Coffee from the US, I would bring back 4 pounds of beans every quarter when I returned, as I used to stay here for 3 months, return to the US for 3 months and so on.  Ran out in March of last year and been trying to find some decent beans. Suzuki Coffee has been the best so far, as I like a dark French roast, that my De'Longhi espresso maker does a fine job of.  Suzuki Coffee Thailand

Of course I am still trying to find some good fresh roasted beans, that have a good flavor to them.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I absolutely do, and my retort was in jest.  Starbucks is overpriced, I miss my Peet's Coffee from the US, I would bring back 4 pounds of beans every quarter when I returned, as I used to stay here for 3 months, return to the US for 3 months and so on.  Ran out in March of last year and been trying to find some decent beans. Suzuki Coffee has been the best so far, as I like a dark French roast, that my De'Longhi espresso maker does a fine job of.  Suzuki Coffee Thailand

Of course I am still trying to find some good fresh roasted beans, that have a good flavor to them.  

I got stuck in the US for five months due to covid. Stayed at a Hampton Inn for most of that and had a “pod” machine. My sister turned me on to the Smart & Final dark roast, which was surprisingly good, and cheap. Missed it when I got back here.

When I moved to Thailand in 2000 coffee selection (at least out where I was) was pretty limited. Got used to drinking Red-Cup at work and I’ve been drinking it since. Keep thinking I’m going to get a machine and whatnot but never get around to it. 

I like to get a nice cup when I’m at the mall waiting for the wife....

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 8:49 AM, mogandave said:

I do not trade with Starbucks but i love the way people hate them, and claim the product is trash. 

The product is okay and the stores are nice. 

Coffee is a very personal thing, we all have a different idea of what constitutes a good coffee. For me I’d rather not have a coffee than have a Starbucks one.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What pray tell is a farlangs? and CC,s?  Are you into shorthand without using true abbreviations or monikers.

Your problem , not mine .

Try buying a Hiso coffee , on your regular walks . 

Free Wifi ,, so sad ...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, elliss said:

Your problem , not mine .

Try buying a Hiso coffee , on your regular walks . 

Free Wifi ,, so sad ...

You really need to get out more, and see for yourself the wonderful sights with Starbucks and 7-11's on most corners.  Don't need to waste money on a cup of overpriced coffee to know that westerners are called Farangs, and not Farlangs.  As far as CC's, I don't use plastic so no need for a credit card, and you really need to learn to abbreviate properly.  However if I wanted a tasty treat I might buy CC's as Bart Simpson loves them, and I am a huge Simpsons fan.  Acronyms are not your specialty it appears.Cc Tasty 45g.png

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2021 at 8:49 AM, mogandave said:

I do not trade with Starbucks but i love the way people hate them, and claim the product is trash. 

The product is okay and the stores are nice. 

The new store is definitely very nice, river views are spectacular out on the terrace. I was in Iconsiam yesterday and had a look - long queues to get in, mostly local people as far as I could tell. 

4 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

The new store is definitely very nice, river views are spectacular out on the terrace. I was in Iconsiam yesterday and had a look - long queues to get in, mostly local people as far as I could tell. 

I was always surprised the Apple store at Icon did not have a Starbucks (or some other) kiosk on their terrace. Guess they don't want people hanging out any longer than they already do...

6 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Icon we’re giving 100 baht Starbucks vouchers if you spent a certain amount. There were even longer queues to get the vouchers!

Edited by Fairynuff

9 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Icon we’re giving 100 baht Starbucks vouchers if you spent a certain amount. There were even longer queues to get the vouchers!

100 baht voucher will not even get you a cup of coffee in Starbucks unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I absolutely love Starbucks, they manage to corral all the local idiots, pretentious fools and posers into one place and away from me.

Apparently the difference between a hedgehog and Starbucks is that with a hedgehog the pricks are on the outside.

Where do you get your coffee? And what shops is one allowed to drink coffee in without being called an idiot, pretentious, fool, poser and <deleted>? 

I imagine there are people sitting in fan-rooms boiling tap-water on a hot-plate to make generic instant coffee that think the pricks buying coffee at seven are pretentious fools. 

24 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Where do you get your coffee? And what shops is one allowed to drink coffee in without being called an idiot, pretentious, fool, poser and <deleted>? 

I imagine there are people sitting in fan-rooms boiling tap-water on a hot-plate to make generic instant coffee that think the pricks buying coffee at seven are pretentious fools. 

Where do you get your coffee?

At home, surely if you understand coffee you would make your own.

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Where do you get your coffee?

At home, surely if you understand coffee you would make your own.

So is it your position that everyone that does not only make their own coffee at home a pretentious fool?

That seems pretty pretentious to me...

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So is it your position that everyone that does not only make their own coffee at home a pretentious fool?

That seems pretty pretentious to me...

Despite what  the voices in your head are telling you, I did not say anything of the sort.

I did not mention 'everyone', I was referring to the pretentious plebeians who drink in Starbucks?

I stated that I make my own coffee because you asked where I got my coffee from.

If you don't like my answers you should not ask the questions.

My statement was 'I absolutely love Starbucks, they manage to corral all the local idiots, pretentious fools and posers into one place and away from me.'

So bearing that in mind I would like to ask you the same question, where do you get your coffee from? ????

Edited by Bert got kinky

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

100 baht voucher will not even get you a cup of coffee in Starbucks unfortunately.

Actually, there are (apparently) at least three different hot coffee drinks (including espresso)  that are under 100 baht as well as a number of different "food" items. 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Actually, there are (apparently) at least three different hot coffee drinks (including espresso)  that are under 100 baht as well as a number of different "food" items. 

Well I guess that answers my question about where you get your coffee from.

You probably fit in well with the other Starbucks mugs patrons.