Thailand drafts in 80,000 police officers to prevent Songkran road accidents

rooster59

19 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

80,000 Layabouts that would normally be inside Cop Shops playing with their phones or counting Tea Money; do they seriously believe these people are going to actually do some 'work' ?

No!

3 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

I wish I had a business renting mobile tents, all those extra police will need a lot of shade to sit in and browse their phones

I was going to say : They are gonna need bigger tents.

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Meanwhile, checkpoints will be set up on these major roads:

Well I never, how stupid telling the travelling public in advance where checkpoints will be!! Study roadmaps and GPS systems to identify alternative "rat runs" to avoid these check points.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thairath reported that up to 80,000 officers will be deployed nationwide in a bid to reduce the accident and death toll during a period which is notorious for the large number of road accidents.

Maybe they will take the 50% plus who have no licences off the roads, instead of taking a "fine" and allowing them to continue?

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

If they had these 80,000 or so police just sitting around playing with their <deleted>s, why didn't they unleash them on the public at Xmas and New Year or is this more <deleted> from 'ol fatty and his cronnies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a977 said:

If they had these 80,000 or so police just sitting around playing with their <deleted>s, why didn't they unleash them on the public at Xmas and New Year or is this more <deleted> from 'ol fatty and his cronnies

Because it's holiday time for them as well as the public. Those 80,000 are those who won't be celebrating Songkran this year. Simple innit?

On 3/27/2021 at 8:59 AM, rooster59 said:

Thairath reported that up to 80,000 officers will be deployed nationwide in a bid to reduce the accident and death toll during a period which is notorious for the large number of road accidents.

They must be mobilizing all the police attached to inactive posts to actually do some work for a whole week...

38 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

They must be mobilizing all the police attached to inactive posts to actually do some work for a whole week...

80,000 mobilized police is a small number compared to the 230,000 they have all together.