Vaccination of foreigners. What now?

Oxx

I live out in the sticks and so far the only activity in the province was a call for Thai-only who want the vaccine to register at the local clinic. Nothing has been heard since, and that was at least a month ago. It excluded migrant workers here of which there are many. Latest is I can register in June but have no clue where.

Nothing to do but be patient until they get around to us.

Edited by Saltire

^ Similar situation to Saltire. I live up in Isaan. I was contacted by the local health volunteers a few weeks ago. I had all my details taken.

I have not heard from them since, but I also believe that to be the same situation for the whole village Thai or non-Thai.

From everything I have read it would appear that there are not enough doses to go around yet so some areas will have to be more patient than others

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Registered  for the vacination two weeks ago ,appointment at samitivit hospital 9th june. 

Which Samitivej hospital? Sukhumwit? Sri Nakarin? One of the others?

And how did you register? I'm a Samitivej patient, and when I contacted them they said they weren't allowing people to register, and that they would send out an email when registration became possible.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Oxx said:

Private vaccination remains a long way off.

Is that just speculation on your part, or can you provide a recent link to worry us even more?

Edited by Guderian
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

I live out in the sticks and so far the only activity in the province was a call for Thai-only who want the vaccine to register at the local clinic. Nothing has been heard since, and that was at least a month ago. It excluded migrant workers here of which there are many. Latest is I can register in June but have no clue where.

Nothing to do but be patient until they get around to us.

Same here although no migrant workers either. Doctor at the local government hospital told me Friday last week that they have no idea when they will receive any vaccines nor told of priorites.

Registered yesterday at our Local Hospital (Anamai).

They used the number in my Yellow House Book to register and it was accepted.

When will I get the Jab??? No idea.

What they told me that it will be a village by village affair.

Province is Buriram

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Registered  for the vacination two weeks ago ,appointment at samitivit hospital 9th june. 

Yes, I also registered over a week ago using Mor Prom and have an appointment at the public hospital in Phetchabun on 7 Jun. So far, so good... ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

If a foreigner has an ID number (appearing on the Pink Card and on the yellow House Book (or blue book, if PR), he/she could have registered online and get an appointment for vaccination in June, in the same way as Thais did.

If you qualified (Over 60 +/or one of seven listed illnesses) and were on the target list send to Government by the hospitals.

Quote: Hospitals have uploaded 16 million targeted names. Those who do not find their names in the system will not be able to register.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210429140959140

Edited by rbkk
Link

From the spokesperson of the Thai MFA. Vimut Hospital is responsible for foreigners. And afaik Bangrak Health Center, too. At least I read that somewhere.

Edited by CLW
changed from HTML to embedded link

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

Yes, I also registered over a week ago using Mor Prom and have an appointment at the public hospital in Phetchabun on 7 Jun. So far, so good... ????

I also registered using Mor Prom and have an appointment for 7 June at the public hospital, but I thought I read that foreigners cannot use that as it is for Thai's only.

Anyone have a clear understanding of the above ?

3 hours ago, Oxx said:

Which Samitivej hospital? Sukhumwit? Sri Nakarin? One of the others?

And how did you register? I'm a Samitivej patient, and when I contacted them they said they weren't allowing people to register, and that they would send out an email when registration became possible.

On sukhumvit Sri Racha,through the mor prom ,the wife did it with my pink card

• Like 1

My Thai wife registered on three different sites and has two appointments. Many people will do this, so the one million probably includes many double or triple registrations and I don't know if they will correct for that. She will go to the first appointment and take me to the second, let's see what happens....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I also registered using Mor Prom and have an appointment for 7 June at the public hospital, but I thought I read that foreigners cannot use that as it is for Thai's only.

Anyone have a clear understanding of the above ?

Will confirmed appointments be honoured? Who knows!

• Thanks 1

Health Alert: Chiang Mai Provincial Government Announces Procedures for Non-Thai Citizens to Register their Requests for COVID-19 Vaccines (May 28, 2021)

On May 28, 2021 the Chiang Mai Governor and Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office announced that non-Thai citizens residing in Chiang Mai province can register their requests for COVID-19 vaccination online at https://www.cm-healthcare.net/CMCVR

According to the announcement, data from the online form will be used to prepare a supply of vaccines for non-Thai citizens who want to be vaccinated in Chiang Mai. The announcement also states that guidelines for setting the appointment date, time, and location for vaccinations will be announced at a later date on the website of the Chiang Mai Provincial Office (www.chiangmai.go.th) and Chiang Mai Provincial Health Office (www.chiangmaihealth.go.th) as well as the Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Chiangmaidatacenter).  

For questions about COVID-19 vaccination requests, U.S. citizens can contact the Chiang Mai COVID-19 Vaccine Center, which has English-speaking staff, via email at [email protected].

Additionally, U.S. citizens can visit the COVID-19 Information page of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok for the latest information.

Other resources include:

Actions to Take:

• Research relevant travel restrictions and requirements before embarking on any domestic and international travel;
  • Monitor local media and our Embassy website for updates;
  • Check your email regularly for further alerts;
  • Continue COVID-19 precautions, including mask use and social distancing;
  • Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information; and,
  • Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.

Assistance:

• U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai, Thailand (serving U.S. citizens in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Kamphaengphet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nan, Petchabun, Phayao, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak, and Uttaradit provinces)
    Telephone: +66 053 107 700
    +66 2 205 4000 (after hours)
    Email: [email protected]
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CLW said:

From the spokesperson of the Thai MFA. Vimut Hospital is responsible for foreigners

And if you follow the link:

INTENT FORM TO INJECT THE COVID-19 VACCINE
... Registrations are now closed.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

Registered yesterday at our Local Hospital (Anamai).

They used the number in my Yellow House Book to register and it was accepted.

When will I get the Jab??? No idea.

What they told me that it will be a village by village affair.

Province is Buriram

This appears to be what will happen due to vaccines not being available. The wife has been asked to re-register 3 times so far, but was told my registration was okay.

2 hours ago, rwill said:

The more people that get vaccinated the more it protects us from getting exposure even if we aren't first in line.

You might want to reconsider that common but quite possibly incorrect assumption.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/interactive/2021/covid-rates-unvaccinated-people/?itid=sf_coronavirus_pandemic test