What do you look for in a Thai Woman?

WineOh

19 hours ago, Pravda said:

It's amazing how many men in Thailand never felt loved. 

I like britman but his stuff is getting rather boring. I would never bang a Thai woman who most likely has a history of many middle east connections and 3 for 1 Indian special. 

As they say... To each their own... 

The problem is that we men are wired to believe that only we can fantasize about doing nasty stuff and even do it while still being happy in a relationship. 

Women are just as nasty as we are. The 'good girl' who never worked in a bar has accidentally cheated on you, maybe just emotionally, with her work colleague. 

She has forgotten to disclose to you that she accidentally got drunk just before meeting you and gave 2 blowjobs to 2 different strangers on the same day, just because she wanted to know what it feels like to be a whore. 

Men cannot tolerate this idea, so we let ourselves play along with the fantasy that there are 'good girls'. 

It's rubbish 

• Confused 1

I'm asking this question strictly referring to Thai women for long term relationships/marriage.

For me personally, a Thai woman must possess a few main attributes before I would even think about getting into something serious with her.

they are the following :

1. Must be well educated, preferably bachelor/master/Phd.  Met Thai wife to be in the US where she was in grad school working on her Master's.  Completed her PhD after that.

2. Has a solid circle of friends who are similarly educated.  Check

3. Has a stable job on a decent income.  Nope, she was a grad student but did have an assistantship that covered tuition, books, and a small stipend.

4. Does not hang around in bars in her spare time.  Never

5. Has never been and does not mix with bar girls or prostitutes.  Never

6. Enjoys similar kinds of food as I do.  Nope but is willing to try new stuff.  Doesn't have to always eat Thai food.

7. Has a decent taste in music & films and/or is willing to learn about them if she doesn't know much.  Yes, including western music

8. Does not have any psychotic brothers that sleep with a pistol under their pillow.  No, her brothers are pretty cool

9. Is calm and affectionate and does not fly off the handle every time I spill beer on the couch.  Luckily I don't do that and she has a lot of patience

10. Has a great smile.  Yes, but it seems most of them do.

In addition, her family definitely has more $$ than mine.  

To those that say these types don't exist, you are wrong.  There are many of them out there.  She had a lot of friends that were very similar to this.  Most were just finishing their grad school degrees and then returning to Bangkok.  

• Like 1

That's pretty close to what I was looking for in a partner. City girl. Middle class or so. Someone like me. Educated, working professional, divorced and kid fine with me because that's me. Similar life experiences/situation. We met through an online site almost 10 years ago. We got married 7 years ago in the States. The #1 was chemistry and we hit it off from the beginning. Not that there were not bumps along the way since we met and both of us have learned and adapted to each other and each culture. Now we are looking to return to Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Its entirely no fault of theirs due to the education system and parents etc , but they all seem to lack confidence and intelligence .

And no shame in asking for money . Bar girls are more honest in that respect . There might be the odd one out, but I’ve never met her. Yet. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Someone who is honest [a lot of them are]; untemperamental; cheerful; hardworking; not from a peasant background; has never worked in the sex industry; doesn't expect money to be sent home; has a maximum of two offspring who are past school age and have good jobs; is tall, slim and shapely and very good-looking. My woman is all these things.

• Confused 2

18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

1 ) Must be 20 years my junior, speak English, be pretty, taller than 165cm, under 55kg, not into nail polish or makeup, I like them ala natural

2 ) Has to have had her training in the bar scene

3 ) Doesn't have a problem with me going for a short time when I want too

4 ) Keeps her family members at bay and doesn't mix with others

5 ) Cooks like a chef

6 ) Loves to clean, iron while I sit on my rear watching TV

7 ) Likes the uniforms I buy her

8 ) Isn't a big spender

9 ) isn't a ball breaker

10) Loves me long time

Oh, sorry, I already met and married her 15 years ago ????

Nr. 9: She better isn't: ouch.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:18 AM, WineOh said:

1. Must be well educated, preferably bachelor/master/Phd.

2. Has a solid circle of friends who are similarly educated.

3. Has a stable job on a decent income.

4. Does not hang around in bars in her spare time.

5. Has never been and does not mix with bar girls or prostitutes.

6. Enjoys similar kinds of food as I do.

7. Has a decent taste in music & films and/or is willing to learn about them if she doesn't know much.

8. Does not have any psychotic brothers that sleep with a pistol under their pillow.

9. Is calm and affectionate and does not fly off the handle every time I spill beer on the couch.

10. Has a great smile.

How do you measure up on those 10 points?  Do you have a PhD? Do you have a solid circle of friends, all with PhD? How about 3, 4 and 5?

6&7 - are you willing to eat what she does and listen to her music? 

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

Its entirely no fault of theirs due to the education system and parents etc , but they      all       seem to lack confidence and intelligence .

And no shame in asking for money . Bar girls are more honest in that respect . There might be the odd one out, but I’ve never met her. Yet. 

So you actually know them ALL? ????

• Thanks 1

Like many others answering the OP's original question ("..strictly referring to Thai women for long term relationships/marriage") I would not look for anything different in a Thai woman than any other nationality. That is, I would (and did) go for someone of a similar educational level and social class to myself, who would be easily able to mix with my friends and family. 

Ones I would stay clear of are those with 'baggage', as family would always come first. In addition, nobody has yet mentioned compulsive gamblers, a common trait among Thai women. Friends I know who have played cards with them tell me they also tend to be compulsive cheats, and anyone who cheats at cards is likely to cheat in life.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

The OP's question and checklist, not to mention many of the replies, are a sad commentary on the general level of intelligence of farang, male expats in Thailand. Pretty pathetic. 

What's pathetic is posters who sit in judgment of people they have never met, and snipe from behind a keyboard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Many of the comments on this thread appear to be flippant in answering the OP, though his specifications for a Thai woman didn't seem so serious or relevant to me as it relates to a possible successful relationship.

Maybe I did the stupid thing and answered the question!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

The problem is that we men are wired to believe that only we can fantasize about doing nasty stuff and even do it while still being happy in a relationship. 

Women are just as nasty as we are. The 'good girl' who never worked in a bar has accidentally cheated on you, maybe just emotionally, with her work colleague. 

She has forgotten to disclose to you that she accidentally got drunk just before meeting you and gave 2 blowjobs to 2 different strangers on the same day, just because she wanted to know what it feels like to be a whore. 

Men cannot tolerate this idea, so we let ourselves play along with the fantasy that there are 'good girls'. 

It's rubbish 

But, but, my one is different!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What's pathetic is posters who sit in judgment of people they have never met, and snipe from behind a keyboard.

Incorrect! Some of us arrive at a judgement OF others, not AGAINST them. These judgements or, perhaps perceptions, arise from the distinct impression "others" give from what they write.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

An orphan without any siblings who isn't a devout follower of any religion and who doesn't otherwise lack common sense either.

I  married  her already, bad  luck,  no really both parents  dead.