Pharmaceutical Organization will import 11 million Sinovac doses from June

snoop1130

b90551cf54af3dc8ae5f3286e61b14bb_small.png

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) will import 11 million Sinovac doses from June to August, to support the government’s plan to procure at least 100 million vaccine doses for the country.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said, so far, the ministry has received 6 million doses of the Sinovac vaccine, 5.5 million purchased and 500,000 donated by the Chinese government.

He said Sinovac will complement the main vaccine from AstraZeneca, which will be used in Thailand to fulfill the goal of obtaining at least 100 million doses.

The minister said the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that Sinovac be used for people aged 18 and older in a two-dose regimen, with two to four weeks between shots. Although it has an efficacy rate of only 51%, reported from clinical trials, Sinovac offers nearly 100% protection against symptomatic infection and hospitalization.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-06-04

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Excel said:

I have to be honest I am not anti Chinese and coming from a different time frame to many on here the Japanese reeked havoc on millions last century and look how well they did afterwards. I also have two children from an ex wife that are 1/4 Chinese as their Grandfather was Chinese. So all this tripe about the Chinese makes me sick at the total ignorance shown by some posters on here. Of course we blame the Thais for Xenophobia traits but this forum should have mirrors too. Of course they are not blameless but who is in a global society ? Now I have that off my spleen it appears if you are in the right age category the Pfizer vax is the most optimum - will we get enough of it here - who knows ? Ideally  an oral solution will be found that would simply be as effective in this day and age as anti biotics were last century.

Blaming ME for how my Thai family thinks?????

Just reporting what they said! Do not shoot the messenger.

I do somethimes wonder why I bother posting at all.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I am not blaming you at all. But in my current Thai family the level of ignorance with 3 of them was appalling but they have now learnt over the years to not make derogatory remarks about the Chinese in earshot of me as it impacts me personally and they have grown tired off getting both barrels shot back at them.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, internationalism said:

by the end of July thailand will have 20mln of sinowac and max of 16mln of AZ (toothache production problems).

Popular mood is against sinovac, so people will take it, because of force (no alternative) or just dooped into coming to hospital

How does 20 min of Sinovac + 16 min of AZ equate to numbers of vials or is that 20 minutes of Sinovac + 16 minutes of AZ injection times ?

https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/knowledge/other/mm-millions/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minute

Edited by Excel
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, JimInPattaya said:

Everyday there are different stories depending on who grabs the microphone at the photo op. I previously thought of the vaccine program as a 3 ring circus with many incompetent ring masters. Now it is more like a giant carnival fun house maze with smoke, mirrors and many dead end paths. This whole scenario seems like the brain dead plot for a new Thai comedy TV show or movie.

None of which can conceal that the whole business has been a catastrophic, disastrous failure.

They have been writing cheques that they can never honour.

Continuously promising the people vaccination, when they must have known that they didn't have, and could not get the stuff.

How did they ever, ever, imagine that they would get away with it?

Forget about us foreigners - what about the quarter of a million (!) In Udon Thani who have had their vaccination denied!

The various Embassy telegrams to foreign governments must be fascinating, and will make sure that this government will for ever be regarded as a bunch of comic opera charletans, and treated and trusted as such on the international stage.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Excel said:

How does 20 min of Sinovac + 16 min of AZ equate to numbers of vials or is that 20 minutes of Sinovac + 16 minutes of AZ injection times ?

https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/knowledge/other/mm-millions/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minute

try excel for your calculations.

and stronger spectacles 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

People want it. I want it.

I know Thais who don't want it. I know Thais who do want it.

I can have it if it's offered to me. The data is good enough for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"…Pharmaceutical Organization will import 11 million Sinovac doses from June…".

Probably but unfortunately not available for Farangs again. Emphasis on unfortunately ... because personally I would definitely prefer a classic old-school vaccine a'la Sinovac or Sinopharm to a highly experimental mRNA or a disease-causing vector vaccine. But as it stands, foreigners will probably only be able to choose between AstraZenecke and Moderna (i.e. between plague and cholera). 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Pretty clear that he was speaking more generally about people's views towards the Chinese population, both on this forum and off of it.

What the government is doing in multiple areas is horrific (if you haven't read the New Yorker's massive article on surviving Xinjiang, please do so immediately, as tough as it may be) and they deserve every bit of criticism they receive. And I also understand the issues with some of the tourists come that come over (which you could say about multiple countries' citizens).

But to disparage an entire nation of people because of their government or the worst apples is disgusting. And for whatever reason, it's perfectly acceptable to do so to most

Whatever country you're from, just remember that the same exact thing can almost certainly be done about your country and citizens

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) will import 11 million Sinovac doses from June to August, to support the government’s plan to procure at least 100 million vaccine doses for the country.

I guess they have to do something in place of the AZ shortfall? 

Glad I can't register yet... I'll hang on for Aug/Sept and see what's available then.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JimInPattaya said:

Everyday there are different stories depending on who grabs the microphone at the photo op. I previously thought of the vaccine program as a 3 ring circus with many incompetent ring masters. Now it is more like a giant carnival fun house maze with smoke, mirrors and many dead end paths. This whole scenario seems like the brain dead plot for a new Thai comedy TV show or movie.

World War Z movie springs to mind.

13 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

How did they ever, ever, imagine that they would get away with it?

They wear the boots... they don't care what the public think.

The public cannot change the Status Quo or don't have the backbone to do it en-mass.

After all this is over I can see the students taking to the streets again, but then with all the unemployed joining them as well.

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

Family reasoning is simple, maybe not totally logical, but simple :- "China sent the virus, why should we trust their 'vaccine'?"

Sinovac must be OK because the Chinese are the only ones who actually know what the virus is. ????

• Haha 2