Thailand reports 4,161 new COVID-19 cases, 51 more deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Whether she did or not, it was tragic and her parents will be distraught. Its enough for them to know the reasons not us to try and delve into them

Of course. I would hope they're not reading this forum. However, it would be interesting for us to know and I'm sure it must be being covered in the Thai media, so hopefully someone will update us.

52 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I was thinking you have been long time in Thailand and still you dont know anything how Thais act! Every neibor know where people have been, in smaller village hole village know where people have been! If there is rules and you know obey , people can call police and you get fine! 

Read my posts on this. I AM NOT referring to a village. Simple. I'm referring to example drive or fly to a city in another provience and stay in a CITY. I even gave example Udon Thani. 

28 minutes ago, bluedoc said:

Hospitals are not testing, people are coming in to hospitals because they are sick, they are being diagnosed as suffering from the Covid virus. Testing is only being done when a cluster emerges. There are approx 5-8,000 tests being carried out. The figures are simple 10% of all people tested are found to have Covid. Now multiply that by the number of adults nationwide and you’ll get the figure That have Covid.

69 million people, so let’s be generous, 3.5 million people will have Covid. (Not including kids).

Cluster by definition means all in one place. You cannot then generalize to the whole country!

If you tested say Bansuknak in Phutthaisong and found no cases , does that mean there are no cases in Thailand?

Many infectious diseases particularity COVID spread in clusters, delta even more so. There is no mechanism for such a disease to arise uniformly throughout a large country.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes. Do you know if she had any underlying health conditions? Very unusual for someone so young to die from Covid alone.

Where does it say that it was a 'she'?

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes. Do you know if she had any underlying health conditions? Very unusual for someone so young to die from Covid alone.

I think it’s uncommon, but not unusual for a young person to die of Covid without underlying conditions. 

before you ask, I will see if I can dig up some research on that. But anecdotally, I have read several articles referring to young healthy people dying.  So I wouldn’t classify it as “ very unusual”.

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I already predicted your  extremly predictable answer, congrats. Bieng as a  few  months  back you were blathering on about Thailand being in control and how everything was  fine  I'm not surprised.

Well a few months back.....let us say 3, in March, it did look that way. Complacency got the better of them.....

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

These are terrible numbers. We’ll have to see the hospital walk-in admissions to see if hospitals have capped testing.

There isn’t enough testing, and the vaccination campaign is insufficient.

But lets open up the country... this isn't going to end well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Not all coronaviruses cause Covid-19. 

Covid-19 is not caused by a cold virus. 

Who said all corona viruses caused Covid 19?Are you clutching at straws?I will say that Covid 19 is only caused by a corona virus!It's not caused by any other type of virus is it?Does the common cold kill people?Yes it does.Sometimes it kills a lot of people so don't under estimate the common cold because it can kill.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Who? Oh, you mean the health minister that some people used to listen to, before he lost 100% of the small amount of credibility he once had? 

Your joking right, are you sure he ever had any credibility at all?  I don' think so.

• Haha 1

These are terrible numbers. We’ll have to see the hospital walk-in admissions to see if hospitals have capped testing.

Vaccination campaign is a joke. 

43 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

We just went into full lockdown in  greater Sydney and surrounding regional district for 14 days 10 minutes ago. 
The delta variant has them seriously concerned. 
with 100 cases from a single case in seven days including 17 from 30 who attended a birthday party last week.

The number of potential exposure sites has reached over 300 and is now starting to stretch the capacity of effective contact tracing. 
we are talking about people becoming infected just by walking past each other. They are finding  that people are also becoming infectious and transmitting the virus only 2 days after contracting it. 
We know this variant is now in Thailand and it is a totally different beast entirely from the alpha variant. 
stay safe

And sorry you Sinovac lovers, Sinovac does not stop the delta variant

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Who said all corona viruses caused Covid 19?Are you clutching at straws?I will say that Covid 19 is only caused by a corona virus!It's not caused by any other type of virus is it?Does the common cold kill people?Yes it does.Sometimes it kills a lot of people so don't under estimate the common cold because it can kill.

Hang on a second!  If a virus "sometimes kills a lot of people," it's not "common."  It's not a common cold or anything else.  It's a deadly something or other.  Why do you insist on putting the SARS-CoV-2 virus in the same category as the various kinds of viruses that cause the common (and very rarely deadly) cold?

• Thanks 1

What vaccination campaign? Where can I get vaccinated?

• Like 1