Thai Health Authorities Plan New Approach for Coping with Severe COVID-19 Outbreak

webfact

Interesting.

apparently there is a severe Covid outbreak and so a new plan might be in order. I’ve been following things quite closely since April but had no idea such a step might be necessary.

it’s all about the 5 P’s. The health authorities might want to think about that!

3 hours ago, rabas said:

For the average Thai person, significantly more so than many other places.

The problem in Thailand is not peoples' nature but their oft crowded living conditions. Many have no effective way to self isolate.

XL Garbage bags sealed and reinforced with duct tape would confine the virus and prevent spreading. Cheap, stackable, and waterproof as well.

You've got to think out of the box my friend.

• Like 1

"newly graduated doctors will staff them".

Nobody is going to want that job.  I'm assuming Thai educated doctors are smart enough not to work in one of Anutins packed petri dish style field "hospitals". 

It's hard enough to find a doctor in a government hospital before the pandemic.  Im speaking for up here in Sakon Nakhon.  Im sure the government hospitals in other provinces may be better.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

ccording to Deputy Public Health Minister Satit Pitutacha, COVID-19 patients suffering only mild symptoms might have to self-care at home, under a close monitoring system set up by medical staff, as the situation is getting worse due to insufficient hospital beds in the capital.

This is the first time I've heard something that makes sense. 
Agreed 100%.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

Here's an idea.

If the govt are afraid that people with mild symptoms cannot be trusted to self isolate hence putting them all into hospitals/field hospitals - put those tracking devices to good use... tell people they must stay at home and if the device shows they did not adhere they get a massive fine! This is actually one instance where I would be completely okay with wearing one.... solves the issue

Probably have to microchip them or they will forget there phone. All roads lead to Rome

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, but it was more like a quarantine facility... and I thought a solid idea for a situation with low infection numbers. Not great for those who test positive and most left wingers will balk at the idea of locking up innocent people.

Not practical now.....

You seem confused. It would be the libertarians, not necessarily the leftists, who would oppose being locked up. At least here in the U.S...all of us left wingers wanted strict pandemic control measures and it was the right-wing libertarians who preferred to plot assassinations of state governors for trying to implement such. 

13 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

Here's an idea.

If the govt are afraid that people with mild symptoms cannot be trusted to self isolate hence putting them all into hospitals/field hospitals - put those tracking devices to good use... tell people they must stay at home and if the device shows they did not adhere they get a massive fine! This is actually one instance where I would be completely okay with wearing one.... solves the issue!

How do  people  with no money pay?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

lets open the country up now that hardly anyone has been vaccinated. 

it will be cool to see what happens. 

cool in a Beavis and Butthead sort of way. 

But don't worry, there will be 50 beds installed at private hospitals, maybe to cover insurance for the tourists that poor in, maybe they got something right, 50 should be sufficient. 

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Worse than that, it was counter productive, with people afraid of being tested.

That is very true indeed. Certainly in our area nobody, and I mean nobody are willing to run the risk of being thrown into a hospital camp with little or no symptoms yet test positive.   Now despite all the bad and biased opinions said against the Issan people in my area they certainly could teach the Bangkokians a thing or two. Why ? well they just show common sense and a level of responsibility that's why. People who come back from those other areas do not go out of their homes for 2 weeks just to make sure they are ok. Even the girls returning from Pattaya to the village(s) for the rice planting season did the same. The local monk after visiting BBK is doing the same now so clearly he doesn't rely on amulets to protect him either.  And Bangkokians call them stupid - I don't think so.    

So if this government admitted that their tomfoolery in admitting every positive person to hospital was wrong, and allow the asymptomatic or mild cases to isolate at home then I would wager that more people would come forward for testing.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sounds more like a trust control issue than a medical one !

Fortunate that everybody is honest in the land of smiles. We are aabout to see the balnce between loss of face and loss of life.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Shoulda, coulda, woulda ordered those vaccines last year, when everyone else did.

The sad thing about this is,  Prayut has had  a whole 18 months, a whole world to look and see how to control, not stop but control, tell me what have they done up until now.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 1:39 PM, tomazbodner said:

Would you trust infected people to care about others enough to follow the self-isolation rule in this country (or actually pretty much any other) unless there were armed soldiers in front of their door threatening to shoot them dead if they try to leave?

It is a fairly strict regime, but I suppose if carried through with sufficient rigour would result in a reduction in the infection rate. 

I appreciate that the powers that be live in something of a bubble which insulates them from what the rest of the world (and their own people for that matter) think of their actions, but the clamour this one would produce may just make it a non starter!

PS: I do realise that you were not making a serious suggestion...