Checkpoints set up in Bangkok to stop construction workers leaving their sites

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I know I'm not the smartest person on here, but surely by publishing the roads they have the blocks on, they'll just use other non-guarded routes ? 

I wondered why so many apparently oriental people were driving by my house the last few days.  And I'm in the USA.  If someone stops for directions I'll ask them if they are Thai.

• Haha 1

“Hundreds” of migrant workers found wandering along the road ahead of camp closures

By Pear Maneechote

te1.jpg

Hundreds of Cambodian migrant workers were dropped at border checkpoints or even just forced onto the streets over the weekend without any further support, ahead of announced camp closures, a non-government organization said Monday.

“We received reports from the border-crossing point in Surin of the growing number of Cambodian workers rushing to return home,” Human Rights Watch senior researcher Sunai Phasuk told Thai Enquirer.

The government said Friday it will seal off worker camps in Bangkok and neighbouring provinces, as well as four provinces in the south.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/29051/hundreds-of-migrant-workers-found-wandering-along-the-road-ahead-of-camp-closures/

ti.jpg
  • Sad 2

Im getting a bit worried, my wife has to go to hospital in BKK next month, I think the worst place to be is in a hospital she has 2 jabs I know that still doesn't stop from getting infected,

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

it is imprisonment - no other word for it

no wonder they are now on the run trying to escape 

disgraceful 

Isn’t enforced quarantine for fourteen days, when you cannot leave the room?

Desperate measures for desperate times

• Like 1

Wow ! Six checkpoints

Thats what I call a really concentrated effort to stop the Migrants leaving Bangkok.

Like Swallows in the late Summer, they all left late last week.

Now they just have to stop the Bangkokians leaving.

Edited by Cake Monster
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

it is imprisonment - no other word for it

no wonder they are now on the run trying to escape 

disgraceful 

Seal off the Government Parliament with all the ministers locked up inside it and don’t allow them out until they get this virus sorted out they’ve had over a year to do something and just stood there spouting out BS hoping it would fly away with the wind 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

The way these migrant workers are treated is obscene, these people have built probably 80% of the major infrastructure in this country yet are cast aside like an old T shirt or broken toy when they become too much of a perceived problem.

We have a new road & drains being installed out by Mabprachan lake on the Darkside of Pattaya, 95% of the workforce are migrants.

Sometimes this country and the attitude of its people stinks, if it wasn't for migrants the Thais would still be living in tin shacks and riding buffalo on dirt roads.

so true.

this smacks of desperation by the govt. I think they know there is a lot worse to come so they either tell the migrants to leave or get locked inside their camps. I am really beginning to worry now about what comes next. We all saw what happened in India...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Would it be wrong to think that this was a cynical attempt to make Bangkok safer by letting the infected leave?  To some, the capital is all that really matters in this country.

The capital is all Thailand really was the rest of the country was given to them by foreigners drawing lines through Laos, Burma, Cambodia and Malaysia.