Phuket Sandbox rules tweaked

webfact

“Before coming to Thailand, they must avoid going to risk areas for at least 14 days [prior to travel]. They must come from the 66 countries which have been presented by the TAT [Tourism authority of Thailand] and stay in the country of origin for at least 21 days before coming to Thailand. They must register through official website [https://entrythailand.go.th/journey/1], he added.

Let's be positive and hope that the about 200 tourists arriving tomorrow, and the around 1,100 that so far already have booked the Phuket holiday, fulfill yesterday's published rules, otherwise a two weeks amazing quarantine might replace the two weeks holiday...????

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

If you have your own house in Phuket than you are not a tourist...... to make the sandbox successful they order you to stay in an hotel just as a tourist. You see.. sandbox successful..  many tourists book rooms ... Land of the silly things

Sandbox model is for tourists, not for residents, they have all the time been able to arrive and do their two weeks mandatory alternative state quarantine, in Thai-way-of-thinking the rules make perfect sense...????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

“For those who test negative, they are allowed to leave the hotel, but they must come back to stay in the hotel ‒ even if they have their own house in Phuket."

I just don't get that one. 

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

Bank of Thailand to explore stablecoin regulation - Ledger Insights -  enterprise blockchain

....Sandbox model is for tourists, not for residents

sandbox is for everyone!!

as they have already paid for the hotel ( the whole sandbox is to stimulate the economy ) which they are doing by booking/paying for their 14 nights
what difference does it make where they stay?
another case of..... TOT

Edited by zzzzz

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

“For those who test negative, they are allowed to leave the hotel, but they must come back to stay in the hotel ‒ even if they have their own house in Phuket."

I just don't get that one. 

They know that most people doing this will be long stayers returning and using the sandbox to avoid 2 weeks in a hotel room. Not real tourists.

By making them stay at the hotel, maybe this fact isn't so obvious. Plus they might spend their money at the large hotels on meals and drinks instead of at their favourite little local restaurants and bars. 

I'm not sure how they will check though. Maybe they've installed peepholes in the hotel room doors so the guards can check you every 4 hours ? Or are they still going with the gps bracelets?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears if you have a connecting flight before arriving in Phuket you will have to be screened at the last airport before Phuket. I am flying EWR CDG HKT. The last flight is on Thai air and I will be screened in Paris? By who?

1 hour ago, pgrin said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears if you have a connecting flight before arriving in Phuket you will have to be screened at the last airport before Phuket. I am flying EWR CDG HKT. The last flight is on Thai air and I will be screened in Paris? By who?

No, they mean if you arrive to Thailand to BKK, instead of directly flying to HKT.

Edited by Espanol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

as they have already paid for the hotel ( the whole sandbox is to stimulate the economy ) which they are doing by booking/paying for their 14 nights
what difference does it make where they stay?
another case of..... TOT

Breakfast and other things at the hotel. I just amended my booking and included breakfast.

• Haha 1

They must have a COE, a COVID-19 test certificate issued within 72 hours [prior to travel], insurance covering US$100,000, a booking with a SHA+ hotel in Phuket for 14 days, as well as pay for RT-PCR testings. If they stay less than 14 days, they also need to present their return flight booking,” Governor Narong continued.

“They must have a vaccine certificate which has been approved by the World Health Organization or a Ministry of Public Health. Tourists who are younger than 18 years old and unable to be vaccinated must be RT-PCR tested before coming,” he said.

“After arriving at the airport, they must have their temperature checked. Then they need to present documents and go through the immigration and customs processes. Then they will be RT-PCR tested and directly go the hotel they have booked.

Waw. ????????????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Where does any of the articles say that? Do they not state "Foreign tourists".

If you have a tourist visa, ok.

But if on long stay, i will not trust any offer that could be rejected at the last minute, or subject to large brown envelopes because you did not comply.

• Sad 2