Government’s latest Covid-19 restrictions spark civil disobedience campaign

webfact

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Whats taken Thai people so long to start kicking off? 

Lotta good it did in EU. Frankly, I think any customer would be nuts to eat in anywhere but a restaurant completely empty except for the staff, as I did ob my way home from my 1st vax. Soi 3/1 was dead as a doornail but my fave opened just for me.

(Michelin likely doesn't give stars for felafels...)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

I haven't seen any massage parlors that are closed, despite "only foot massages are allowed", under Covid-19 restrictions. Unless a customer has a particular fetish, I don't think too many feet are being massaged, and that the contact taking place inside the parlors is at a rather non-socially-distanced range.

.....but nobody can sit in a restaurant to enjoy a meal, much less have a glass of wine with it.

Non sequitur,

Illegal activities in MPs not got much to do with restaurants.....but as far as I know, open everywhere except Bangkok.

Carrot and stick, gongs or violence have worked well by the governors for such a long time they cannot comprehend science and why the virus isn't listening to their commands.

Endless broken targets figures, TAT and re-opening dates they have no control of when other nations will allow folks out and with inbound quarantine most people with jobs unlikely to be able to enter.

Most visitors to Thailand this year will be illegal immigrnats smuggled in by the "connected' to replace the dead builders,maids and gardeners, fish fileters , oh and of course the endless variations of Covid. Once you realize teh state apparatus is not to serve the citizen but protect the rich the inaction becomes understandable. Of course farangs below soi dogs.

Gamma here we come.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

We are at a stage where people need hope more than money.

Er,  not if you have exhausted your savings over the last 18 months, will imminently be out of business, and are worried about paying for rent and food. Hope doesn't fix these things.  The 'cure' is fast becoming worse than the disease.

• Like 2