No Moderna Vaccine Contract Received

snoop1130

2 hours ago, rodknock said:

i am 73 and hoping i can get vaccinated before i get the infection and die from covid-19 and all the varients.

just sitting here with a stick inserted and waiting.

I feel for you, and I mean that.  But I feel even more for the Thai people who don't have your option to fly back home and get a free jab within hours of landing.  At least the majority that couldn't afford the flights even if they could get a visa.

Foreigners are feeling picked on and abused, and I under stand that.  But in addition to a priority based on age and need, how about a priority based on who has other choices?  The Thai people certainly don't.

2 hours ago, poskat said:

thankfully, my job offered me the AZ shot last Wed and I took it, anticipating just this type of cluck-up in getting the moderna doses before next year.

but it makes me wonder, given all the problems with covid cases and vaccine shortages, and talk about getting moderna doses here, how could the people in these departments not be pressing each other for updated info and required signed forms ASAP.

It almost seems like they just dont want any vaccines produced outside of thailand/china, despite to cost in thai lives

As you can read and see China has vaccine available and are 95% effected after 2 dose but the HATE China gang don't want the vaccine knowing that it will save lives and Thailand recovery, so many more will die and people starve no work no FOOD. but they don't care. I say let every country vaccine be available Now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Now that it was exposed , they will be forced to go forward and  get the M vacc accordingly !

The people who were responsible for finding the department  at fault no doubt will be following this and any other requirement's to procure that illusive M vacc !

Edited by riclag

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/5-million-doses-of-moderna-vaccine-to-be-ordered-next-month-for-this-year-and-next/

No more October mentioned, just saying by end of the year... Contract to be signed in AUGUST. They just submitted draft contract today after all the heat in the media. Probably would not have happened if media didn't publish it.

I don't know what to say...  Is this just incompetence? Or is it far worse?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've seen additional Thai news reports tonight that pretty much confirm the Moderna contract still is not due to be signed until early August, for who knows what possible reason.

I would imagine if not even signed until August, Moderna arriving in BKK would be far past October ? probably won't see it in 2021..........unbelievable. 

• Like 2

The Pfizer contract is also said to be in a similar limbo.

That's weird because because, we've been told, it is meant to be a free gov't vaccine for Thai children/young adults 12-18.

And given the shortfall in AZ shipments. now acknowledged, we're in for dark times.

Edited by mtls2005

9 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

My Mrs was trying to explain the push for the China muck as the 7/11 owners have a big steak holding in Sinovac apparently ???????? 

I think the CP group issued a denial stating that they only owned a small portion of Sino Biopharmaceutical that in turn owns about 15% part of Sinovac Life Sciences, the producer of Sinovac vaccine. I'm fairly sure that everything that CP said in the statement was true.

But the denial only dealt with formal company shareholding issues and did not touch upon the subject of whether there are close family relationships between very senior CP officers/shareholders and major shareholders of Sinovac Life Sciences. I think Thai social media has been abuzz with this, but I'm not sure whether any of what is being said is true.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HOAX said:

I registered a month ago or so and I am today being asked to pay (pre-pay, Thonburi Healthcare Group, THG), is this that batch or is this a new batch of vaccines?

Very confusing as I read news yesterday about the gov't (?) ordering Moderna and an identical number of vaccines to what was already "ordered" months ago. Is this the same or whats going on?

What is going on is called smoke & mirrors. The government has for weeks deliberately misrepresented the situation to create the impression that they were ordering vaccines left right & centre. The reality is now exposed and the country is left in a disastrous situation. Dont plan on being vaccinated this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never mind the lowly British Consul coming on here to answer questions, probably no more than a Grade 9 with no sway at all. Somebody has to get the gash job, it won't be a senior grade. I'll tell you why the Brit govt won't send any vaccines to help it's tax-paying citizens here, it's because they don't want to upset the Thais by making them lose face over making such a mess of things.  The British will always put the rest of the world before its own citizens, at home as well as abroad. Which is why they let the Indians go home to attend huge weddings and religious ceremonies, only to return and bring the variant back to the UK with them. Any country with a concern for its own would've closed the doors on them or anyone else likely to be a danger to its people.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HOAX said:

I registered a month ago or so and I am today being asked to pay (pre-pay, Thonburi Healthcare Group, THG), is this that batch or is this a new batch of vaccines?

Very confusing as I read news yesterday about the gov't (?) ordering Moderna and an identical number of vaccines to what was already "ordered" months ago. Is this the same or whats going on?

The payment that was to follow the reservations, began July 1, which was to be for the first batch scheduled for October, but I think once that fills, they will take payments for a January 2022 batch.

What does this even mean?

That ALL contracts must be reviewed by the AOG in order to order a vaccine, and since the AOG has never seen a contract to review, there has been no order for Moderna?

This is just AOG defending themselves from the GPO blaming the delay on the AOG?

If only we had a hero that was brave, committed and humble to stand up and be the Covid Czar.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Surelynot said:

This is quite staggering.......is this the same vaccine non-order for which people have just paid?

Yep you got it... Thailand to a Tee.

Put your name down for Moderna, give us the money and ohhh we haven't even signed the contract yet !!!!!

Only in Thailand !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, poskat said:

thankfully, my job offered me the AZ shot last Wed and I took it, anticipating just this type of cluck-up in getting the moderna doses before next year.

but it makes me wonder, given all the problems with covid cases and vaccine shortages, and talk about getting moderna doses here, how could the people in these departments not be pressing each other for updated info and required signed forms ASAP.

It almost seems like they just dont want any vaccines produced outside of thailand/china, despite to cost in thai lives

Yes, no vaccines made outside Thailand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, moogradod said:

I wonder if there is a Thai word for proactivity. You just do not wait months only to say that you did not receive an inquiry if the subject is that straightforward. Why not ask "And where is the contract for Moderna" ?

that would involve using some initiative, something that seems to be lacking in almost every sphere of Thai Govt and business.

• Like 2

You're not going to get Moderna. You're not going to get Pfizer. So, you better get whatever is available. If this Covid spread continues to grow, people are going to become desperate. You will be begging for Sinovac.