Thailand reports 5,420 new COVID-19 cases, 57 more deaths

webfact

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Another way of keeping official numbers down.

Hospitals advising family members not to get tested despite the mother being in hospital and the kids showing symptoms.

But the end result seems to be the desired outcome. I know that’s what I would be doing despite what the hospital has advised. My gf daughter and son in law were feeling unwell ,went to a Bkk hospital and sent to stay home. Not happy drove to Burriram, tested  and admitted for two weeks. Now no income, possibly no jobs to return to, kids in limbo. What’s the best to do if you feel unwell...dilemma for everyone really.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

After a year, we have met no more than 10 people, at a guess, on the 'lifts'..........in a condo with 480 rooms.....

Same here in our Condo.  We must use it during the off times after everyone has left, gone to work, or returned home.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Elevators ,?  These days no avoidable risk is acceptable - Take the stairs.

There was a guy on them who had had a heart attack.... not wearing a mask, so concerned about stepping over him!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Exactly.  The website concentrates on only two hospitals in central Bangkok.

Those that live outside of central Bkk and especially those with underlying health conditions, are they going to travel to central BKK?

Pathetic.

I know those ruining (sorry I spelt running incorrectly there) the country (couldn't organise a sh!t fight in a sewage plant) but it seems the further down the system one gets the more organised they get (it's true that most turds float to the top) so I've been registered for about a month even though I tried not to be,Mrs FFF is one of those her way or the highway types.There is one woman in the village that has been vaccinated because (village headman's wife) she assists the doctors, but so do about 5 others but they didn't get a vaccination.There's no news as to when the vaccines will get here but I'm pretty sure foreigners won't be left out as out here they don't have sewage treatment plants like Bangkok where the Grubbyment is located.I've done a lot of brown fishing in sewer manholes in my days as a survey assistant so I'm quite knowledgable in the field of turds.

Yet another Day where the Double vaxxed numbers are fairly stagnant around 2.25 Million, and the single shot numbers are rising steadily.

As was pointed out yesterday, this could be due to people waiting for their second shot that had the initial Vaccination in early June.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Intervac website has been updated with the promise of vaccines becoming available for foreigners age 60 and above and those with chronic medical conditions:

Screenshot_10.jpg.52653443369154a274b5acb50747c4e7.jpg

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

This time, the latest version appears to abandon having foreign nationals make appointments online at the government website, and instead appears to be directing foreigners to contact and book appointments directly thru the two hospitals.

No Thanks

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Thailand is Bangkok.................with bits added to its periphery...........like the UK is England with bits added on.

Very true, Bangkok Metropolital Region is over 46% of the total GDP in Thailand.

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

They're struggling giving out one shot let alone 3!

The government said that a third booster shot will be needed after new statistics revealed that 50% of new cases in Bangkok and 30% of new cases around the country were the Delta variant.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1412266998776561668

Should get booster some time in 2023

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Geez, in that case let's open up the schools tomorrow. 

"Seems like the kids got infected from playing with other kids in the condo common areas"

That means no chance of catching it at school. 

You kidding surely. Inane post.

<deleted>.

I'm not kidding; unfortunately, I can't see the current rates declining dramatically for a long time, and vaccinating the population will take even longer.  So should schools remain closed for 3 months, 6 months, a year?   When would you open schools?

• Haha 1

The Nation has an article today reporting on the latest virus variant testing results for Bangkok. They're saying 52% of the more easily transmitted Delta (India) variant from the latest round of testing in Bangkok:

Increasing number of Covid patients in Bangkok infected with Delta variant

"A total of 487 cases of the Delta variant were detected in Bangkok from June 28 to July 2, accounting for 52 per cent of the province’s total cases during that period.

Meanwhile, 447 cases are of the Alpha variant (47.8 per cent) and two cases are of the Beta variant (0.2 per cent).

“The two Beta patients are from the same family who had travelled from Narathiwat,” said the department’s director-general, Dr Supakit Sirilak."

(more)

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002885

AND

"The government said that a third booster shot will be needed after new statistics revealed that 50% of new cases in Bangkok and 30% of new cases around the country were the Delta variant."

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiEnquirer/posts/351681922986014

I think the above comment re a third booster shot is regarding shots for Thai medical personnel, as the MoPH had an announcement in TH earlier today saying they planned to proceed with third shots for that group (but didn't specify which vaccine brand was going to be used for that purpose).

Although, the AZ vaccine, which Thailand has supplies of now, is likely more effective at preventing symptomatic COVID illness and more serious outcomes from the Delta variant compared to the Sinovac vaccine.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

My colleague is self-isolating in his condo with 3 young kids, all of whom have had Covid symptoms.  His wife is in hospital with Covid, after being tested while there for another reason.  The hospital have advised them all to remain in self-isolation and not to get tested.  The kids got over their symptoms in a day or so, my colleague felt rather sick for a while but is feeling better now.  His wife is due to be released from hospital in a few days.

Better than the advice a friend of mine in Sweden got (I was stuck there for 5 months early March to early Aug and couldn't get back). You should stay at home. No, testing necessary, wife should go to work, kids should go to school as normal unless they show symptoms. And threats to parents who refused to send the kids to school - We have "school duty" in Sweden and you have a duty to ensure that your children go to school unless they really are sick = show symptoms...  

14 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm not kidding; unfortunately, I can't see the current rates declining dramatically for a long time, and vaccinating the population will take even longer.  So should schools remain closed for 3 months, 6 months, a year?   When would you open schools?

In Thailand where multi generation households are common, obviously, when kids infected in school don't risk killing their extended family any longer. Even more obvious when the health care system is overwhelmed as it is now or starting to get upcountry.

Edited by MikeyIdea
spelling
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I as well see no end in sight either.  Just give them their certificates and send them to work, yes sarcasm.  It is ridiculous and yet we have not been offered a refund on fees paid or a reduction either.

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Chonburi informs residents who visited places in relation to most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

Buriban Market in Bang Plasoi, Mueang Chonburi from June 22nd to July 3rd from 6:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M..

Mala shop (in front of 7-Eleven Baan Na) in Huayyai, Banglamung from June 22nd to June 26th and from June 29th to June 30th from 3:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M..

Meat Ball shop at Chaiyapruek Market in Nongprue, Banglamung from June 22nd to June 26th from 2:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M..

PT gas station Na Wang branch in Takean Tia, Banglamung from June 22nd to July 4th from 5:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M..

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/06/timeline-pattaya-and-chonburi-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases-7/

• Like 1

Thailand’s Tourism and Sports Ministry plans to ask the Finance Ministry for 10 billion baht in soft loans to help operators prepare their businesses for the mid-October reopening of the country.

Minister Phlipat Ratchakitprakarn said that, if the Phuket “sandbox” project runs smoothly, the Tourism and Sports Ministry will use the opportunity to hold discussions with the Finance Ministry over an allocation of soft loans, from the government's 500-billion-baht borrowing, to help relieve the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

He said, if the tourism soft loans are approved, operators can use a cross-guarantee measure, which allows firms to act as loan guarantors for each other.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Chonburi informs residents who visited places in relation to most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

Buriban Market in Bang Plasoi, Mueang Chonburi from June 22nd to July 3rd from 6:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M..

Mala shop (in front of 7-Eleven Baan Na) in Huayyai, Banglamung from June 22nd to June 26th and from June 29th to June 30th from 3:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M..

Meat Ball shop at Chaiyapruek Market in Nongprue, Banglamung from June 22nd to June 26th from 2:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M..

PT gas station Na Wang branch in Takean Tia, Banglamung from June 22nd to July 4th from 5:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M..

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/06/timeline-pattaya-and-chonburi-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases-7/

The one at the PT Gas station seems to have been ongoing, around 2 weeks!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:
Thailand’s Tourism and Sports Ministry plans to ask the Finance Ministry for 10 billion baht in soft loans to help operators prepare their businesses for the mid-October reopening of the country.

Minister Phlipat Ratchakitprakarn said that, if the Phuket “sandbox” project runs smoothly, the Tourism and Sports Ministry will use the opportunity to hold discussions with the Finance Ministry over an allocation of soft loans, from the government's 500-billion-baht borrowing, to help relieve the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

He said, if the tourism soft loans are approved, operators can use a cross-guarantee measure, which allows firms to act as loan guarantors for each other.

Maybe he needs to use that money on vaccines or their wont be any businesses 

• Like 1