United States to donate COVID-19 vaccine to Thailand

snoop1130

US-donate-vaccine-Thailand.png

(Photo by Mandel Ngan / AFP)

Thailand will receive COVID-19 vaccines from the United States, as a part of 23 million doses to be donated by the US to Asian countries.

In June, US President Joe Biden announced the donation of 500 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to the world’s poorest countries, with “no strings attached”, to help speed the pandemic’s end.

A statement from the US embassy in Bangkok said that Biden announced a plan to deliver 80 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to countries in need around the world.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/united-states-to-donate-covid-19-vaccine-to-thailand/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-07-07

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rodknock said:

are americans going to get shots or is the thai. government going to come up with another excuse.

the latest census shows around 30-40 thousand americans in Thailand.

lets just say on the high side 50,000 americans.

that would mean 100,000 doses for all americans getting 2 doses.

i hope we will get this vaccine.

I'm  not seeing any kind of commitment like that.

53 minutes ago, misterjames said:

I know but by the way they treat foreigners in general you wouldn't think so would you? western countries always seem to help out in their time of need but rarely if ever get any credit for it. Tsunami, cave kids etc etc the list goes on.

Don't get me wrong I love the Thai people but I just don't think they are made aware of the help and support our nations give to them, I wonder if this stuff is ever posted in the main Thai language media? or if they only put these stories in the English version? would be interested to know..

Sitting watching the TV with my girlfriend the only time I see white people on the news seems to be when they are doing or have done something wrong or extremely stupid.

I saw Harry Kane on the news, he was doing great.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm  not seeing any kind of commitment like that.

I'm inclined to believe that it was just nonsense emanating from some Thai official. That said, it could be, as I've noted elsewhere, that the US govt is in negotiations with the Thai govt on how to implement this and didn't want news leaked until a system was in place.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

announced the donation of 500 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to the world’s poorest countries

Thailand is one of the "poorest countries"?  With one of the richest person / family in the world (not a private citizen) that isn't helping out ... 

Actually Thailand is richer than China GDP per capita.. Shhh the CCP don't like people talking about this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Captusssre.PNG

Edited by misterjames
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bill1369 said:

The US Embassy in Thailand is absolutely worthless when it comes to assisting US citizens with anything!! Note: widespread criticism of Thai government when all HiSo's were vax'd before general public. The worthless Embassy has vax'd all staff, including Thais, without a drop of vaccine going to citizens.....

You think it was in the Embassy's power to get more vaccine? You think the State Dept didn't arrange to allot vaccines to its workers based on the total number of people in its workforce? The Embassy is just a branch office of the State Dept. It doesn't set policy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, misterjames said:

Actually Thailand is richer than China GDP per capita.. Shhh the CCP don't like people talking about this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Captusssre.PNG

Meaningless numbers. Take away the top 1% richest of Thailand and do the math again. 

There are huge chunks of the country living under third world conditions, some right in the middle of Bangkok.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, club said:

Just got done reading both articles 10 times. No where does it say anything about 20% of the 1.5 mil doses of Pfizer going to foreigners. Maybe I will read again

Think I need to "smoke a little Kush to ease my mind and get right with the world" as the song says, so I can actually track with what one government clown says and then what other contradictory OP's post.  IT does get confusing and almost makes one want to start taking shots of whisky early in the morning so one can think clearer.....

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Think I need to "smoke a little Kush to ease my mind and get right with the world" as the song says, so I can actually track with what one government clown says and then what other contradictory OP's post.  IT does get confusing and almost makes one want to start taking shots of whisky early in the morning so one can think clearer.....

Its 12pm, already started

19 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Ridiculous. The entire idea of having an ambassador is to have someone in place, on the ground, who can advocate for the proper action. Not some stiff dummy, waiting to take orders.

An Ambassador can advocate but he can't take independent action. He is there to execute the policy of the United States. And to advise the higher-ups in the State Dept. That's hardly being a dummy. Once again, direct your discontent to where it belongs: the Sec. of State or the President.