Thailand's national parks introduce barbecue ban

webfact

Maybe put some rubbish bins around and educate the Thais that if you put rubbish in the bin and not in the bush would help not to attract wild animals, and worried about the smoke annoying other people obviously he made this statement from somewhere other than in Thailand, considering Thailand has 2 cities in the top ten most polluted in the world, its all those bloody bbq,s who would have guessed that

Screenshot_20210716-171241_Chrome.jpg

6 hours ago, webfact said:

This the media interpreted as a barbecue ban.

There's just no fun anymore... what's camping without a good fry-up or BBQ.

I guess the old fall-back of a few beers and blowing up a Lilo. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Can recall as a kid, my parents doing ad hoc BBQ's.........one of which used a sheet of asbestos we found on the beech as the hot plate!!!!!!

Should we feel sorry for you with parents like that. When I worked in a chemical lab we used asbestos to stop heat transfer. No offense meant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

What the hell has it got to do with you?

63 posts....ha.....you can butt out.

Plus the fact I speak four languages (and have three degrees to boot)

It has everything to do with him. He, like you and I and every other poster have every right to post or reply to topics on the forum.

I see you only have 8,363 posts whilst I have 22,464 posts. Does that mean that because I have that many, that I am more important than you?

I used to be able to speak high German from Hanover, Chilean and Venezuelan Spanish but, because I have no use for them any more I have forgotten them.

I don't have any university degrees because I got on with my University of Life course and learned far more than going to university, and at 77 I am still learning.

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Should we feel sorry for you with parents like that. When I worked in a chemical lab we used asbestos to stop heat transfer. No offense meant.

As a teenager worked as a lagger on olefins plant.... significantly more dangerous than pottering about in a cosy little lab.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HOAX said:

What are they talking about? What annoyance to other visitors at tent areas? Why would other visitors visit tent areas other than camping themselves? How many people camping do not barbecue or cook food without making some smoke? No one does. It's the whole charm with camping.

Considering camping in Thailand has become a very popular way of holiday among Thais in recent years, this isn't going to be received well, especially considering the vast majority of camping areas in Thailand are in national parks.

It's probably when they light the BBQ with old flip flops and inner tubes that pi$$ people off. It does me