Vaccinations available for Australian nationals in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What is that? I'm not Japanese. 

“One of the UK's most widely used Covid vaccines may actually give a LIFETIME of protection.

AstraZeneca Covid vaccine gives powerful protection that may last a lifetime.

That is according to a new study, which has analysed the long term impacts of the AZ jab.”

16 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Another question: just when, on what day and at what time, did the Thai government inform the US Embassy. The Canadians, from an earlier post in this topic, were informed by their embassy last night that they were being offered the vaccine. So when did the US embassy learn of this and why were Americans the last group of people to be notified this morning?

54 minutes ago, rbkk said:

The British have not had an invite it seems. Who is making their point here? The Thai Govt. or the British Embassy? or a third hand.....?

First round appears separated by 2 hours  and is New Zealand, Canada, Australia and America  (NACA), 

Next batch will be Yemen, UK and  Antarctica (YUKA).  

Trying to avoid a donnybrook I assume. as sometimes the kids don't play well together. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

The US Embassy is right behind.....far, far, far, far behind. So far you can't even see.

Close the US Embassy here...complete waste of money.

if they are that far behind by any chance can you see the UK one    555 ...... allez la France

Sadly, just got this info, after registrations have closed.  I guess that is because I have been in Thailand a long time and have neglected to register with the embassy. The other issue is that I live 800km from Bkk and would have to travel (if I could) into a Covid hotspot and back, perhaps endangering others in my community. Hopefully this program may be extended in some way  to assist expats outside BKK. It is certainly a positive gesture.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's other governments that are organizing it. 

It has been offered by the Thai govt to some Embassies, but not publicly. The average Thai would be completly unaware this is too take place tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Wow. It does look like the British are even worse. The UK ambassador appears to have been caught completely by surprise.  

Must have been a big night last night.

4 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Hi, I am an Australian living in Isaan country. I see this as a political stunt by our Embassy. I see this message at 8 am today. If I register I have to get to Bankok tonight for a maybe jab tomorrow. Out of the question for me and I suspect all other Ozzies living in Isaan country. Good luck to those living in Bangkok, if they actually get this info. I am going to send a message to the Embassy telling my thoughts on this matter. I suggest all Ozzies do the same.

I am retracting my comment about political stunt by Australian, now USA expats are being offered the same tomorrow, so now it is clear that this is a Thailand political stunt.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, watthong said:

The unwitting (or witting?) psychological side-effect of this kind of tactics is  spreading an aura of desperation, a la "helicopters landing on the embass(ies) roof" among each nation's citizens queueing up scampering on ladders. All the more Bravo! to the French who behaved in a civilized, humanitarian and dignified manner and spared its citizens the humiliation of belonging to a so-called first world country and being treated no better than monkeys in a zoo.

I'm inclined to agree with you

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rbkk said:

It has been offered by the Thai govt to some Embassies, but not publicly. The average Thai would be completly unaware this is too take place tomorrow.

I guess and they wouldn't care, I expect. 

I applied at 8:25am , am Aussie, over 60. - no dice baby!!

Thank you for registering your interest to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Regrettably, due to high demand, the Thai Government has had to impose a cap on the number of vaccines available and you have not been successful in securing an allocation on this occasion.

Whilst we understand this will come as a disappointment, please be assured that the Australian Embassy will continue to advocate on behalf of Australians for access to vaccines during Thailand’s vaccine rollout. In addition, should further opportunities arise for Australians to get priority access to COVID-19 vaccines in Thailand, we will announce these via our website and social media.

In addition, Australians in Bangkok who are currently aged 60 and above, or have specific underlying health conditions, can register now for a vaccine as part of Thailand’s vaccine rollout. For further information, refer to the Department of Disease Control’s website ThailandIntervac.com.

Please note that the Australian Government cannot provide advice on the safety, quality and efficacy of vaccines that have been approved for use outside of Australia’s regulatory process. Please consult a health professional for further advice on vaccine options.

Thank you for your understanding

Consular Services Section

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Australian Embassy Bangkok | 181 Wireless Road, Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Phone: +66 (0) 2 344 6300 | Fax: +66 (0) 2 344 6310

Passport and Notarial Services at the Embassy require an appointment please visit  www.thailand.embassy.gov.au for more information.

We encourage all Australians travelling to Thailand to read the latest travel advice for Thailand at http://www.smartraveller.gov.au

Would be interesting to know how many were successful

Organised Chaos as usual!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rbkk said:

Snap out of it. Your'e being delirious.

Re: the UK ambassador being left completely in the dark on this. I really did, no joke, think the UK must have a separate plan upcoming similar to the French. There simply could be no way that they would miss out on this Sunday show, even if it is a charade. To lose out on what amounts to token vaccination looks terrible. But I was wrong. The UK gets the crown, the worst of the worst. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NumbNut said:

Well that was prompt, at least. I registered last night around midnight local time and I was too late!

image.png.87e38eb0c2c35d4f0388be09a65d782e.png

Same here, received just now 

OFFICIAL

Thank you for registering your interest to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Regrettably, due to high demand, the Thai Government has had to impose a cap on the number of vaccines available and you have not been successful in securing an allocation on this occasion.

Whilst we understand this will come as a disappointment, please be assured that the Australian Embassy will continue to advocate on behalf of Australians for access to vaccines during Thailand’s vaccine rollout. In addition, should further opportunities arise for Australians to get priority access to COVID-19 vaccines in Thailand, we will announce these via our website and social media.

In addition, Australians in Bangkok who are currently aged 60 and above, or have specific underlying health conditions, can register now for a vaccine as part of Thailand’s vaccine rollout. For further information, refer to the Department of Disease Control’s website ThailandIntervac.com.

I thought that the ThailandIntervac site didn't work, or was taken down. Or was that just the app?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, watthong said:

The unwitting (or witting?) psychological side-effect of this kind of tactics is  spreading an aura of desperation, a la "helicopters landing on the embass(ies) roof" among each nation's citizens queueing up scampering on ladders. All the more Bravo! to the French who behaved in a civilized, humanitarian and dignified manner and spared its citizens the humiliation of belonging to a so-called first world country and being treated no better than monkeys in a zoo.

All this chaos has made things seem even worse and the foreign embassies involved look impotent. Know who does come out of this appearing strong? Well, the French do to a degree. But China, who took care of their people a couple of months ago looks even better. The Chinese do move to protect their interests and their people. I was teaching a class of PRC graduate students last year. When their embassy told them to pack bags and get out, the entire contingent (also Chinese elsewhere, I discovered) organized and virtually everyone flew out on 31 March last year. Say what you will, the Chinese are organized and efficient.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Because of the knock-backs so quickly, I would deduce this couldn't possibly be any 20% or even 10% of any recent vaccine donation. 

Unless the Thai end of things intends to do this piecemeal over several weekends. That's how they've been handling their own nationals' vaccinations.

4 hours ago, claynlr said:

This isn’t an Aussie thing it’s Thai….US embassy just sent an identical email

Probably not really Thai. I think this might have something to do with the donated 1.5 mil the US sent to Thailand with the wording that 20%  being given to foreigners.  Didn't say what foreigners  so the Thai just decided to set up shots for different foreigners Brits/Aus, US on same day to give out.