Vaccinations available for Australian nationals in Thailand

webfact

1 minute ago, fondue zoo said:

To all who will be receiving your first shot of AZ, don't forget to source your 2nd booster shot in 3 months.

Remains to be seen if anyone is going to be getting a shot as a result of this PR exercise

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Probably not really Thai. I think this might have something to do with the donated 1.5 mil the US sent to Thailand with the wording that 20%  being given to foreigners.  Didn't say what foreigners  so the Thai just decided to set up shots for different foreigners Brits/Aus, US on same day to give out.

The donation you mention above is of Pfizer doses. Tomorrow's vaccines are to be AZ doses. 

• Like 1

Ok , so the only good thing to come from this , is it spurred me into action!! 

I followed the Thailand Intervac link - and have now secured a vaccine (booking) at MedPark Hospital next month.

Your free government allocated vaccine booking has been confirmed. This booking is only valid if, at the time of your booking, you have not previously received any COVID-19 vaccine. This booking is also not transferrable. Please show up with your passport at the time of your booking,

Thursday, Aug

It will be interesting to see if this actually happens..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jack7106 said:

“Not happy Jan” but then again I’m not surprised????????????????????????????

Missed “ photo opportunity “????????

7583DBF9-60A4-4822-84F8-8E533CF8826F.png

COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity for Americans - July 18, 2021
Thank you for your interest. The numbers of available COVID-19 doses has been exceeded.
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pegman said:

Likely shamed into doing it because of that stupid Embassy joke post. Be nice if more countries did this for their nationals.

Yesterday I received a notice from the Canadian Embassy to register for the same thing.

I live in Pattaya and I don't think its a good idea to leave this relatively safe place to enter a deep red zone...There can't be very many doses available because by 1300 today the mail replied that unfortunately they cannot accept any more applications. Smoke and mirrors?

I am now more resolved than ever to refuse the Sinovac and wait for the one I want injected into my body.. FYI..I never took the so called flu vaccine in Canada either from when it was first available.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

And the UK Embassy is further behind them. At least the US sent some vaccine to farangs.

That's been proven a rumor unless you have updated information. If so, please post it.

It will most likely go into the Hiso black hole and farang won't see a drop of it.

• Like 2

Great Really Great AZ Whoopie 

If it was Moderna or J and J well then ......different story

I'd rather stay here in the north and not go to a Red Zone 

Why risk it all for that 

Forget that 

Hope Aussies in BKK can get a jab in BKK if you really want AZ?

I have an Australian passport by the way

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lujanit said:

Cannot register.  Link does not work.

...to short a notice..impossible to get there; plus travelling from yellow into dark red..seems like a last minute decision on their part...they should have planned it better and made vaccines available in Chiang Mai, Korat, Phuket as well...oh well, next time.

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Going to Bangkok is different from living in Bangkok . 

Travelling to Bangkok is maybe easier for you to understand 

Sure, and you missed my point.

By the way I don't need your comments about what I can/cannot understand.

What a pathetic attempt by the Australian embassy.  Link still doesn’t work.  I wager they had only 500 jabs available and shut down registration when they all were reserved.

I am ashamed of my government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Smithson said:

I agree Australia doesn't treat it's permanent residents well. Are you able to apply for citizenship and if so why don't you? I'm genuinely interested. There have been a few cases of residents being deported without even a criminal record.

I could apply for citizenship given that i moved there nearly 50 years ago, don't have any type of police record, got my tertiary education in Australia and paid tax for 30 odd years. Plus my now adult children are Australian by birth. I didn't in the past because I felt that I was treated pretty equally to a citizen in all matters including voting rights, health care and owning property etc. Maybe I will feel different after this and consider duel citizenship with my UK Passport.

I registered last night. Approx 8pm. 

Just received this 

Thank you for registering your interest to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Regrettably, due to high demand, the Thai Government has had to impose a cap on the number of vaccines available and you have not been successful in securing an allocation on this occasion.

Absolute bs

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, G Rex said:

Ok , so the only good thing to come from this , is it spurred me into action!! 

I followed the Thailand Intervac link - and have now secured a vaccine (booking) at MedPark Hospital next month.

Your free government allocated vaccine booking has been confirmed. This booking is only valid if, at the time of your booking, you have not previously received any COVID-19 vaccine. This booking is also not transferrable. Please show up with your passport at the time of your booking,

Thursday, Aug

It will be interesting to see if this actually happens..

Good for you, "spurred me into action!!" shows that where there's a will - there's a way (though the way seems to be a bit more arduous for folks outside of BKK.)  One thing this taught me is not to rely on one's own government/ embassy when it comes to matter of survival, you do better with foot on the ground. On another thread some expat from Pattaya mentioned walking in (meaning without pre-registration) in groups at Bangsue Station and got vaxxed, even though not all of them are 75 and over.

9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Sure, and you missed my point.

By the way I don't need your comments about what I can/cannot understand.

I never missed your point , you missed mine by the way

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

As I previously stated.....why weren't Australian Permanent Residents invited to participate in this roll out? Australian Permanent Residents are residents of Australia, pay taxes in Australia on all applicable income until retirement age, when they then become eligible for the Australian Aged Pension and they also pay and participate fully in the Australian Medicare Scheme (Australian Health Scheme) whilst employed. The Australian Embassy has discriminated against their own Permanent Residents by not including them in the roll out. 

Don’t forget the Australian Government also discriminates against Permanent Residents by denying them the aged pension for a number of reasons, notwithstanding what you have paid into the system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

You've stated you are a UK citizen, why do you expect a country other than that of your nationality to look after you? You're planning to avail yourself of the advantages your uk citizenship gives, despite not living or paying taxes there for many decades.

Yet you consider your long term residence and payment of taxes in Australia should give you the same privileges as a citizen.

Duel citizenship would do that. Years ago Australia did a big push to get all PRs to apply for citizenship. They amended some laws to prevent non citizens from voting or standing for public office among other things.

The biggest holdouts? The ten quid tourists from UK.

Permanent residency entitlements (homeaffairs.gov.au)

Why would I expect Australia to look after me, like an Australian citizen? 30 odd years of paying my full Australian tax for one thing, paying into medicare for a second, making my super contributions in Australia for a 3rd. Whether you or I like it or not I've spent my entire working life in Australia and have well and truly contributed to the national tax coffers.

As for the UK I need an NHS number to register with my local GP in order to be seen. Other than registering for a current  NHS number in order to see a GP I am not entitled to free anything in the UK. I'm actally going to the UK to visit my 85 year old father, hence why I would like to be vaccinated.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RemyDog said:

As a matter of interest, you lived most of your life in Australia and seem to regard Australia as your home base, what made you decide against becoming an Australian citizen and having the full benefits of citizenship?

As a matter of fact until this little episode I have never considered that I didn't already have the existing benefits that I would have as a citizen and I didn't feel the need to do a citizen test because I felt as Australian as the next person who had lived there for 50 years and worked paid my taxes etc. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

All this chaos has made things seem even worse and the foreign embassies involved look impotent. Know who does come out of this appearing strong? Well, the French do to a degree. But China, who took care of their people a couple of months ago looks even better. The Chinese do move to protect their interests and their people. I was teaching a class of PRC graduate students last year. When their embassy told them to pack bags and get out, the entire contingent (also Chinese elsewhere, I discovered) organized and virtually everyone flew out on 31 March last year. Say what you will, the Chinese are organized and efficient.

Yes, thanks for reminding me that the Chinese led the way in this aspect. Kinda forgot about their efforts since there wasn't that much of an uproar from the expat community as when the French did...Maybe because the French alphabet is easier to decipher than the Chinese one? I remember looking at the vaccination sign the French posted at the entrance to Bangkok Hospital and saying to myself "Well, such class!"

11 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Don’t forget the Australian Government also discriminates against Permanent Residents by denying them the aged pension for a number of reasons, notwithstanding what you have paid into the system.

When I moved here to Thailand I realised that by doing so I had to forfeit my future pension unless I returned to Australia for 2 years, so I decided to save more and forgo any future pension claims and have hence worked towards being a self funded retiree.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I registered last night. Approx 8pm. 

Just received this 

Thank you for registering your interest to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Regrettably, due to high demand, the Thai Government has had to impose a cap on the number of vaccines available and you have not been successful in securing an allocation on this occasion.

Absolute bs

When were you notified about availability? Was the window of opportunity less than an hour then?