SURVEY: Vaccination--what's your plan?

Scott

SURVEY: Vaccination--what's your plan?  

325 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thailand's roll out of the vaccine has been less than stellar.   With many foreigners waiting for a vaccine, what is your plan?

Please feel free to leave a comment.  

I'm booked for Moderna. The more I read the news, the less I believe I'd get it anytime soon, if ever.

- Over 9 million registered of which most if not all paid at private hospitals

- Good 3 million to be available

- 10,000 to most hospitals for nearly 2.8 million of the doses

- The other 200k will be split between hospitals that have, some over million registrations (like THG).

That in itself makes me believe that majority of those waiting for Moderna won't get it until mid next year or even later.

As such, I'll take Astra Zeneca first, which is offered by BOI, where vaccinations start in a week. By the time I'd get my queue for Moderna, it'll likely be time for a booster shot already anyway. Maybe even beyond that already.

Anyone working for BOI sponsored company (who gets work permit at one stop center at Sam Yan), please DM me for link to register. Apparently that's also for those with Thailand Smart Visa.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 2

I'm double jabbed, one shot AZ, one shot Pfizer, so I'm good. 

But if I had health issues and I was in Thailand I would be gone by now to somewhere I could get a jab, like my home country.  Things are only going to get worse IMO. 

So I would pose the question, how bad do things have to get in Thailand, before people decide to leave to get a jab.

Edited by bermondburi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I voted that i had been fully vacinated ,but have only had my girst az jab ( there was no choice for one jab) i hope it is cut to 8 weeks but wont hold my breath,the wife rang the hospital and they said they would sms when they had more vacine. 

• Like 2

Had both shots of the Pfizer here in HK. Life is pretty much mostly back to normal.

Pfizer available if you travel to HK. You'd have to do quarantine at both end though so would end up being a bit expensive. Pfizer is available though.

1. Other visitors staying in Hong Kong (must be holders of valid travel documents who are allowed to stay in Hong Kong as permitted by the law, and can complete two doses of vaccination within their limit of stay without extension) can, starting 6 July 2021, bring their travel documents and the landing slips or extension of stay labels (applicable to other visitors with extension of stay) issued by the Immigration Department to any post office (except mobile post offices) during office hours and the staff will assist them in making appointments for completing two doses of vaccination in the CVCs within their limit of stay.

I registered for Moderna in two different places, (local clinic and local hospital) a few months ago, after being refused registration for vaccination locally.

Since managed to get an AZ shot. Second one due end of September.

However I need to get back to UK sometime this year, and not sure where my AZ shot was produced and if it will create any travel difficulties. Will find out after second shot I hope.

Not sure about mix and match with AZ and Moderna if it does becomes available to me in the future.. 

6 minutes ago, Heng said:

Not a foreigner, but jabbed with first dose of AZ, 2nd dose scheduled for September.   Trigger finger poised over Expedia app to fly to vaccinate.   It's a pros/cons tug of war everyday between the deteriorating situation here vs. the relative safety of sheltering in place (retired with low social risk; riskiest thing is grocery runs; I'm thinking I can hold out mentally for at least 15-20 more years living like this).       

Same here low social risk except grocery shopping...but GF manages a supermarket and 3 of her staff have already tested positive. She stayed away from the house this week due to this in an effort to protect spreading just in case she has been exposed. BTW...these staff refused Sinovac vaccination provided by company.

Scheduled for Aug 13th at Medpark hospital...don't know if Astra or Sino but will take either one

Edited by tonray
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Whilst I would accept Sinovac since I understand that it reduces the symptoms and likely severity of infection I would prefer AZ.

I am in the category of vulnerable, 64 with diabetes. I have been refused repeatedly as I am a foreigner - by MoPH officials over ruling medical decisions.

I don't really expect to receive any vaccination. I listen to the claims of inclusivity for foreign residents by the government, and by the British Embassy for that matter (including the newly appointed ambassador) but I don't really believe them.

I hope and pray that I don't contract the disease. For me it could be very serious, and I also doubt that with the medical services under pressure, that I would be treated.

To be blunt, I am frightened.

You could have registered on Mor Prom with a tax number, takes 10 minutes to get one at your local revenue dept, I selected a private hospital for AZ one shot so far in and out in under an o hour.

• Sad 3

31 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I registered for Moderna in two different places, (local clinic and local hospital) a few months ago, after being refused registration for vaccination locally.

However I need to get back to UK sometime this year, and not sure where my AZ shot was produced and if it will create any travel difficulties. Will find out after second shot I hope.

Not sure about mix and match with AZ and Moderna if it does becomes available to me in the future.. 

I'm booked and paid for Moderna, but I would accept AZ as a first shot, or even a first and second if I could still get a Moderna later.

Decided on the AZ,  #2 in September, ( get that needed certificate ) follow up with a better juice later on possibly and I can bypass arrival quarantine if I decide to get out of here......

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

Whats the Lot number on your AZ ?    A****** is from Thailand I've been told but cannot confirm it. Should be fine to enter the UK, there's 3 sets of AZ Lot numbers manufactured in India where some have had issues....maybe thats been rectified already.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djayz said:

To be honest, I'd rather not vaccinate at all as I don't believe in popping pills or getting jabs. However, for travel reasons, it looks like we're going to have to prove we've been vaccinated. 

proving it will be in even harder task than getting the vaccine

anyone living here could get Moderna tomorrow but still would have to go through the same process of checks and quarantines to travel in 1-2 years time.

it'll take years, especially coming from a country that isn't trusted, and rightly so..

I am still surprised how many people whine that they don't get a vaccine. I advised some of them about available vaccinations for them i.e. for Australian people or old people etc.. And when I ask them about it later I hear they didn't go because they didn't know which vaccine it will be or when they will get a 2nd shot, etc.

I think people should get whatever they get and get it ASAP.

What's the point of waiting and whining?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Whats the Lot number on your AZ ?    A****** is from Thailand I've been told but cannot confirm it. Should be fine to enter the UK, there's 3 sets of AZ Lot numbers manufactured in India where some have had issues....maybe thats been rectified already.......

Wasn't given any lot number. Just a yellow card that I have to take along to get second vaccination. Two weeks after that I have to call the gov't hospital to make an appointment to get a vaccination certificate.

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

For a few months the UK has been experimenting with volunteers mixing AZ and then Pfizer and vice versa. Results not yet final. Probably updates available. 

Once through customs iyou could advise the NHS that you are unvaccinated and really "top up" 

• Like 1