Thai Prime Minister to Discuss COVID-19 Situation and Economic Impact with Leading CEOs

snoop1130

c0d8e461b61cfce600b8cc335220b5a3_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will meet 40 leading business executives on 21 July to discuss the COVID-19 situation and its economic impact on the country.

According to Government House’s published work schedule, Gen Prayut will hold a video conference with 40 CEOs from 2.20pm, during which they will discuss progress in efforts to contain COVID-19 and related issues.

A group of leading businessmen, known as "40 CEOs Plus", recently held a meeting to brainstorm what the government should and shouldn’t do as a new lockdown approached. After the meeting, the group proposed that the government partially lockdown only areas where the COVID-19 situation is very serious, while speeding up the inoculation of the population.

The group also advised the government to prepare more hospital beds for more COVID-19 patients, adopt home isolation for those infected with no or mild symptoms and improve access to COVID-19 tests, by making rapid test kits available at reasonable prices.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

One would think they have enough money, influence and international contacts to increase the amount of vaccines available which is the only way out of this situation.  Maybe time to be aggressive and take some initiative, rather then waiting for the government.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I can save them a wasted meeting and journey.

He just has to admit that he out of his depth, has consistently mismanaged the situation and that Thailand, thanks to him and his cronies are on an economic path to destruction.

Economic,  social and cultural destruction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Economic,  social and cultural destruction.

Whilst I agree with you I don't think these CEO's and the General give a rats as* about the social and cultural destruction. Just about money and their money at that.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

In order to continue to make vast sums of money they will care about social and cultural destruction they may even decide to rid themselves of Prayuth's incompetence because he is hindering their ability to make vast sums of money.It maybe market forces that drives their will to seek a better administration, otherwise they will continue their neanderthal like regression whilst Vietnam continues their rise as a leader in the region.  

I guess we see things differently and you have a different belief and confidence of the CEO's. I don't think that the CEO's have the strength and importance that you seem to be giving them.  For me they are lapdogs and do as the PM and you know who says.

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I guess we see things differently and you have a different belief and confidence of the CEO's. I don't think that the CEO's have the strength and importance that you seem to be giving them.  For me they are lapdogs and do as the PM and you know who says.

Actually I don't have that much faith in the CEO's my faith is more in market forces, and I find it a bit tricky trying to guess who is the lap dog of who in Thailand (or anywhere else for that matter) and it's my guess that all is not always what it appears to be. Prayuth is but one man and a man at the behest of those that pull the strings and it's not one man that pulls those strings is my guess.A strange thing happens when groups of people form an entity and that is the entity will form it's own personality and is not always controlled by those who form the entity.I agree that the individual CEO's may lack strength and importance but as an entity I think it would be foolish to under estimate their power and control. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to Government House’s published work schedule, Gen Prayut will hold a video conference with 40 CEOs from 2.20pm, during which they will discuss progress in efforts to contain COVID-19 and related issues.

That'll take about 5 seconds to answer.

• Like 2

Any big Business that offers any kind of assistance to the PM in dealing with the Covid outbreak, will only have one agenda.

And that is to safeguard their own Business from too much Covid Impact from any restrictions to be put in place.

Short sighted CEO's at that, throw some cash in the pot and buy buy buy vaccines and not wait for the czar to join Covax and get them for free. No Vaccine = no customers = no spending.

Good PR for a company or companies.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will meet 40 leading business executives on 21 July to discuss the COVID-19 situation and its economic impact on the country.

"We are destroying small and medium business by shutting them down in the name of Covid.  All of your business will be allowed to remain open although we'll have to "make" you close down a couple of hours earlier than normal to appease the commoners and make it look like there is no favoritism.  In this way we will move the wealth that Thais used to spend in small and medium family businesses and transfer most of that wealth to your corporations!"
<cheers and applauds by CEO nationwide>
"We expect by next year that average Thais will be economically devastated which will create millions of new, low-wage workers who will be literally dying to take the jobs we have reserved in the past for migrant labor.  This will decrease your labor costs for immigration related requirements of migrants who you can now get rid of.
<thunderous applaud>

# Satire_Off

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Hopefully there were no media CEOs there, as they rely on the chaos, doom, death, destruction and hysteria to keep their revenue up. 

Yeah Baby.  Media CEOs are gonna be wading in the ฿ moola ฿ for years to come as they exploit the thin-red-line between "advertising", journalism, and propaganda. 

"Don't believe official studies.  Our experts say that the Covid death toll is 1000% to 10,000% times worse than reported.  We've got bodies stacking up in the streets now"  Stoke the fear baby.  Jackpot!  Cha-Ching!

12 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Brainstorm? 

Translated:
To paraphrase Matt Taibbi,
Brainstorm - 'plan how corporate elites they can jam their vampire squid blood funnels into anything that smell like money.'