Pattaya: Immigration go after US man who refused to wear mask at Taco Bell - he's fined and repentant

webfact

On 7/24/2021 at 7:33 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Your point being what, it's all lies and a conspiracy, surely your trolling.

If you fail to comprehend my point, i suggest you are trolling.

It is a perfectly relevant to question to ask. 

And the answer is of great relevance with regard to analyzing the covid outbreak lockdown procedure.

• Sad 1

On 7/24/2021 at 7:22 PM, JensenZ said:

Where is this "around here" where a very small percentage of people are wearing masks. In Pattaya everyone is wearing masks. You can't get into a store without one and even on motorcycles everyone is wearing one.

I keep hearing this and it is a perfect example of people seeing what they want.  They honestly see very few people wearing masks.  To confirm it they take pictures of a groups without masks forgetting the masses all around wearing them.

I hate masks but put the stinking thing on.  I run ( no mask but get the impression some would prefer I had one  ) through farming communities that are extremely unlikely to have a Covid death but again these villagers are wearing masks for the most part while outside their homes and it isn't needed IMO.  I would say 90% of motorcycle riders are masked!

The truth is probably in the middle somewhere. Masks aren't needed in most of our daily activities  and even while in groups outside.  I could be wrong so why not just wear a mask? Except while running - ha.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, arick said:

Go read the new data from the study after two doses of pfizer after five months you are only protected by 10% of not getting  corvid 19!  91% chance you won't get serious ill. But 90% chance of getting infected! Read the study not just media headlines 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

Great points and no insults.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, atpeace said:

I keep hearing this and it is a perfect example of people seeing what they want.  They honestly see very few people wearing masks.  To confirm it they take pictures of a groups without masks forgetting the masses all around wearing them.

I hate masks but put the stinking thing on.  I run ( no mask but get the impression some would prefer I had one  ) through farming communities that are extremely unlikely to have a Covid death but again these villagers are wearing masks for the most part while outside their homes and it isn't needed IMO.  I would say 90% of motorcycle riders are masked!

The truth is probably in the middle somewhere. Masks aren't needed in most of our daily activities  and even while in groups outside.  I could be wrong so why not just wear a mask? Except while running - ha.

In fact the nearly universal use of masks where I live in Central Pattaya, and in particular by everyone riding motorcycles was quite surprising to me. They have really been taking this mask mandate very seriously. There were some booklets distributed to every household sometime early this year (or late last year - can't remember when exactly) that seemed to make all the difference.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think many people don't understand that calling a black person a black person is perfectly cool. In their defense it can be difficult to keep up with language norms. People of color is more or less passe. 

I don't think it is "passe" to use "people of color", as I hear and read it every single day in the US media. I always assumed that "People of color" refers to people of mixed race who are lighter in color. For example, calling Kamala Harris, Meghan Markle or Mariah Carey black would seem inappropriate as their skin color is quite fair. Candice Owens on the other hand is clearly a black woman. There is a big difference.

12 hours ago, atpeace said:

Great points and no insults.

A few people I know have just told me they have test positive this week even after having their two doses of vaccine and that was moderna and astra. So there is no way the vaccine prevents infection but prevents serious illness. (UK) 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 11:52 AM, JensenZ said:

You have no idea of my sources. Research of the efficacy of facial masks in preventing the spread of influenza predates Covid-19 and there was a lot of research. WHO actually used this research in their flip-flopping on their guidelines to the use of PPE. One such article has about 50 references to PubMed studies.

You continue to troll this same message. You're doing a good job at maintaining the forum's adherence to the "Gospel of Covid", a treatise of acceptable truths. May I commend you on the excellent job you're doing. Keep up the good work.

Please wear a face mask.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Please wear a face mask.

Since when has wearing a face mask been optional? You can't enter any establishment without one or shop without one and you're subject to a big fine if caught at anytime without one. It has been this way for 16 months already.

Please stop stalking and trolling. You've had your say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Since when has wearing a face mask been optional? You can't enter any establishment without one or shop without one and you're subject to a big fine if caught at anytime without one. It has been this way for 16 months already.

Please stop stalking and trolling. You've had your say.

Sir wearing a face mask under the chin is very popular way to wear a face mask for loads of Pattaya residence ...

On 7/25/2021 at 11:50 AM, arick said:

Go read the new data from the study after two doses of pfizer after five months you are only protected by 10% of not getting  corvid 19!  91% chance you won't get serious ill. But 90% chance of getting infected! Read the study not just media headlines 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

Firstly, the efficacy figure quoted in that article is only for the Delta variant and secondly it's 39%, not 10% (it's right there in the link).

Also, even if it were 10% that doesn't mean you have a 90% chance of catching the disease.

A vaccine efficacy figure indicates the reduction of the risk of contracting a disease in a vaccinated group of people, as compared to an unvaccinated group, in the specific circumstances where the study took place.

So an efficacy figure of 39% would mean that if you're vaccinated, you have a 39% lower risk of catching the disease than if you were unvaccinated. It doesn't mean you have a 61% chance of catching it. That would only be the case if unvaccinated people had a 100% chance of catching the disease, which they don't.

Also, as mentioned efficacy rates are specific to the time and place where the data is compiled. In the UK, for instance the equivalent efficacy figure for the Delta variant (and this is also mentioned in the article) was 88%.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Firstly, the efficacy figure quoted in that article is only for the Delta variant and secondly it's 39%, not 10% (it's right there in the link).

Also, even if it were 10% that doesn't mean you have a 90% chance of catching the disease.

A vaccine efficacy figure indicates the reduction of the risk of contracting a disease in a vaccinated group of people, as compared to an unvaccinated group, in the specific circumstances where the study took place.

So an efficacy figure of 39% would mean that if you're vaccinated, you have a 39% lower risk of catching the disease than if you were unvaccinated. It doesn't mean you have a 61% chance of catching it. That would only be the case if unvaccinated people had a 100% chance of catching the disease, which they don't.

Also, as mentioned efficacy rates are specific to the time and place where the data is compiled. In the UK, for instance the equivalent efficacy figure for the Delta variant (and this is also mentioned in the article) was 88%.

You explain the efficacy well. However the quoted 39% efficacy in the study in Israel is an average of the efficacy from vaccinations starting in January. For those vaccinated recently the efficacy against Delta was still high at over 80%, which is in line with the UK study. However that rate went down all the way the a meager 16% for those vaccinated back in January. That is very alarming and the need for a booster shot after 6 months is thus apparent. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 11:44 PM, ThailandRyan said:

That there says it all, your a Covid denier, and a conspiracy theorist, moving on enjoy your theories as they are not relevant.

God what a moron. "Says it all"? Lol, but has me backwards. I'm on your side, you outstanding genius. Read slower. Or something.

Edited by aboctok

13 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I was just trying to make a point! I was unable to find the link for! I guess you have a PhD in Human physiology. 

46% if new cases in the UK are vaccinated individuals. 

Edited by arick

On 7/24/2021 at 7:31 AM, webfact said:

a man of color arguing with a white man

Look  if  youre  going to be so PC lets  have person of  colour, which is realy not  a  colour  anyway and person of all  colours  combined ie  white, ridiculous world we live in. Black man and white  man..how hard is  that. What point  does  black become Asian and anyway why even mention colour, its  irrelevant. 

• Haha 1