Vaccines for foreigners: Those living upcountry to get Sinovac first

webfact

15 hours ago, EricTh said:

Moderna uses the mRNA technology so it's better not to use different tech. You can mix Moderna with Pfizer because both use mRNA.

That's not true, some of the best results seen so far in terms of heterologous prime-boost are from mixing a viral vector vaccine with an mRNA vaccine.

Giving two different mRNA vaccines is less likely to give any benefit, because they are both interacting with your immune system in exactly the same manner. The whole idea behind mixing the vaccines is to use two different kinds, as that can stimulate the various different parts of the body's highly complex and multi-factorial immune system in different ways, thereby giving a better overall immune system boost.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vinci said:

if you're getting sinovax or sinopharm, get 2 dose of it first 3 weeks apart, when alternative is freely available take the third for booster, down the line everybody eventually will have to be vaccinated again, vaccine only work for a period of time, if this virus is still around we all still have to re-vaccine again.

Sinovax, sinopharm and AZ are using decade old technology, they are using the same technique as any other vaccine in the past, Pfizer, Moderna and JJ are using Mrna

JJ isn't mrna. It is a viral vector vaccine (using an adenovirus), similar to astrazeneca. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I am in Isaarn and to pour cold water on this idea that those upcountry will be offered Sinovac is not true.

Back in June I got AZ vaccine and next appointment I am expecting AZ again according to the hospital.

In an earlier covid related thread on foreigners obtaining vaccines in Isaarn, they all had been given AZ, not Sinovac.

I'm up near the border of Bueg Khan.  Hopefully its Astra Zeneca.  We haven't heard a word of any vaccines let alone Sinovac.

My wife and I booked Moderna in Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital.  Hoping that comes sooner than later.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I am in Isaarn and to pour cold water on this idea that those upcountry will be offered Sinovac is not true.

Back in June I got AZ vaccine and next appointment I am expecting AZ again according to the hospital.

In an earlier covid related thread on foreigners obtaining vaccines in Isaarn, they all had been given AZ, not Sinovac.

Whereabouts in Issan did you get the vaccination?

3 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Deleted post

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Are the rules different for outside of Bangkok??

Everyone going to Pyathai2 last week and this week are getting a second Sinovac jab and told they cannot have AZ.

I think it is up to each provincial to set its own rules and in part it will depend on how many vaccinations and of what type the central government allocates.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Dene16 said:

The vaccine can work in one of 2 ways so there is basically 2 types of vaccines.

There are more than two types of vaccines, working in many more than two different ways.

Approved vaccine types for CoVid-19 so far include mRNA, viral vector and inactivated vaccines. Protein subunit vaccines are also in development (e.g. Novavax).

Then there are also other types of vaccine such as conjugate, live-attenuated and toxoid vaccines which (as far as I know) have not been used for CoVid-19 yet.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

5 hours ago, vinci said:

Sinovax, sinopharm and AZ are using decade old technology, they are using the same technique as any other vaccine in the past,

That's not quite right. SinoVac and SinoPharm use inactivated virus technology, which is indeed one of the oldest vaccine types known. AZ however, uses a viral vector construct which is much newer - only about a decade or so old.

3 minutes ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

claim how good they are being to us, while keeping the better performing vaccines for Thais,

Utter nonsense.

I was the only farang among hundreds.

If you love general judgement: upcountry/rural/poor get Sinovac.

And of course I would not have gotten Sinovac if not AZ is planned for second jab.

I have registered for Moderna but afraid it will be under the Christmas tree at best.

Edited by KhunBENQ

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Not entirely true, I phoned the other day and they said not ready, and I'm Thai. 

Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen will have them next month. 

Which bit is not  entirely true, you are a Thai and they are coming next month, i am a falang and was told, only for thai, again which bit is not entirely true?

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Utter nonsense.

I was the only farang among hundreds.

If you love general judgement: upcountry/rural/poor get Sinovac.

And of course I would not have gotten Sinovac if not AZ is planned for second jab.

I have registered for Moderna but afraid it will be under the Christmas tree at best.

Kind of proves my point. Give sinovac to those they don't care about. Its efficacy is 50% at best. Look at the stats on medical personnel contracting Covid AFTER having this vaccine. I don't blame Thai people for being skeptical and even scared of having this vaccine.

19 minutes ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

Kind of proves my point. Give sinovac to those they don't care about. Its efficacy is 50% at best. Look at the stats on medical personnel contracting Covid AFTER having this vaccine. I don't blame Thai people for being skeptical and even scared of having this vaccine.

Yes as of 12 JULY 618 infected cases among the 677,348 medics receiving 2x Sinovac.,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/07/12/coronavirus-latest-updates/

37 minutes ago, Almer said:

Which bit is not  entirely true, you are a Thai and they are coming next month, i am a falang and was told, only for thai, again which bit is not entirely true?

The 'Thai only' part. 

19 hours ago, nottin said:

If they give first AZ and then wait 3 months for the second that implies the AZ is quite effective after only one jab. And seeing how AZ and J&J use the same technology and J&J only requires one jab, seems to make sense.

No it doesn’t, it only tells you (if you look at the data) that after you second dose you have better protection. After the first AZ jab you protection is quite low but increases slowly peaking at around 8 ~12 weeks.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Finally another blood pressure check and check of oxygen saturation with some clip on the finger.

Difficult to handle alone. Help from wife/family much appreciated.

X forms, a thousand questions, 5 stations to go through.

Had none of that for my jab AZ last Tuesday at Bank Sue, Bangkok

On 7/29/2021 at 11:07 AM, KhunBENQ said:

You missed a lot. It's under discussion and evaluation since weeks.

I think Thailand is not the only one.

Hoping that the second jab will be AZ I will take the Sinovac stuff tomorrow.

You can trust the plans/promises in this country, don't you?

How about the upcoming 3rd one?? 55555