Thailand Risks First Double-Dip Recession Since 1998 Crisis

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Possibly the satisfaction of seeing the military march out of parliament and give the people a real government.

If it were to come to that it would be a painful march for the overall population as it happens !

29 minutes ago, bougnat said:

The temples have amassed a lot of gold donations over the past 20 years, now we would like it to come out of the chests to be used for what it was intended .....

Why you quoting me? i don't give a sugar

4 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

I agree. The US does have problems.

But I was commenting about Thailand.

Funny. Good one! 555

But so was I, as you already know. May it be harsh, long and grueling. Couldn't happen to a more deserving place. ????

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

Why would anyone find satisfaction from the possible demise of the economic status of a country and the impact on the vast majority who are already mainly  far from comfortable wealth?

Its really difficult to get your head around a lot of the comments made by some people on this forum!!! 

35 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Its really difficult to get your head around a lot of the comments made by some people on this forum!!! 

Sometimes yes! The "do em down" attitude I guess maybe comes from people who are hoping for others misery to be worse than their own?

Other times I get images of Bezos laughing demonically !

I been watching the KBank shares for a few months as I decided for first time would buy shares and buy Kbank shares when I first looked it up I got a big surprise that explained a lot, Kbank has the highest share prices of the Thai banks and it is (affiliated with one of the big four banks of China) once you know that not hard to imagine, well anyway the share price has been slowly going down and I still waiting for it to stop

• Sad 1

Just now, bougnat said:

'" People who elect corrupt, renegade, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims! He is an accomplice. "

Georges Orwell.

It is the system, honest people don't make it to the election list. The problem started after the last election. Now the general has to share to stay in power.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Clearly, a lower baht realignment would not only lead to cheaper exports, but also attract foreign tourism, if it wasn't for the Thai government failing to promptly vaccinate their population- who now are the greatest danger of spreading the Covid everywhere. 

For long-term ex-pats who have been suffering lower and lower exchange rates for many years now, it is, and will be, a refreshing relief from making ends meet. Celebrate with a good quality whisky, or a quality pinot noir.

Cheers, guys.

Truly long term expats know the Baht is higher now than when they got here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

It's a depression but it's just not being reported. Currency reserves are much higher now from the lessons learned from 98 but even they must be running low. What they run out the baht will truly crash. 

Is there any evidence the govt is spend currency reserves to prop up the Baht? People have been saying this for over ten years, yet the reserves are still there.

16 hours ago, chalawaan said:

C'mon! a double dip recession is for wimps!

Let's push the boat out, nothing less than a Triple Dip Depression, with a side of out of control disease! Yeah baby! Burn like you mean it!

So sould this make Thailand a hub of recessions?