Swiss tourist dead, believed raped, murdered in Phuket Sandbox

Jonathan Fairfield

1628187748_1-org.jpeg

The woman’s body was found in a creekbed near the Ao Yon Waterfall. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: The body of a 57-year-old Swiss woman who is believed to have been raped and murdered was found in a creekbed near the Ao Yon Waterfall in Wichit, on Phuket’s east coast, yesterday afternoon (Aug 5).

Region 8 Police Commander Lt Gen Kitrat Panpetch held a special press conference at Wichit Police Station last night and confirmed that the woman had arrived on the island on July 13.

The woman’s body was found by Nattapong Sridum, 31, a local resident in Wichit.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/swiss-tourist-dead-believed-raped-murdered-80943.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-06

• Like 1
  • Sad 27
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sezze said:

They prob gonna blame a Myanmar fisherman ...

Yes it isn't good , but she isn't the 1st and unfortunate not gonna be last also . The islands are not the safest of places around , Koh Tao anyone....

I was thinking the same ,let's see if the B in B find her mobile phone in one of their  back garden,as i Kho Tao.

RIP poor lass.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sezze said:

True , shouldn't be happening , but people doing this do not think . They do not think about not many tourists right now , they do not think about bad reviews , they do not think about tomorrow , basically , they don't care . It's sad , and i do feel bad about her , but some people are just bad people .

And yes , you can push anybody towards murder , but most aren't like that . Most people do nothing more then a speed limit or alcohol limit , stealing and killing are different kind of people most of the times unfortunate .

• Like 1