Thailand reports record 21,838 new coronavirus cases and 212 deaths

webfact

3 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Our condo parking has been overcrowded with cars past week, but as of last night and today, there are suddenly plenty of spaces. And the empty shelfs in the local 7/11 are now full. I wonder where are the people has gone, with the travel restrictions in place.... 

Fled for the weekend and hope to sequester elsewhere probably.  My garage is still full.

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

For this reporting week and this is from the 'official numbers' Thailand had 121,208 new infections and 1,076 deaths. At this rate August will see around 500,000 new infections and around 4,000 deaths. This month will also at this rate see Thailand cross the 1,000,000 infections mark and close to or greater than 10,000 deaths. It’s been more than a month (?) since the pseudo lockdown was put in place. This week’s figures shows that this has had no impact as of now. Many on here said 2 or 3 months ago there is a tragedy in the making. The above figures show this to be playing out now. I also struggle to understand how recoveries were only a little more than a week ago and previous to that running at around 50% of admissions but now they are pretty well on par. What changed because something must have. An increase of 100% virtually overnight. 

I think possibly the "recoveries " has something to do with the fact that 

A) there is the new wonder Herb called Green Chireeta. It seems to cure Thai patients, but the Exporters seem slow on the uptake.

B) The drug Faviparavor ( Prolly spelt it wrong ) is now available.

So if these " recovered Patients " are just given one of these, they can be sent Home as cured .

54 minutes ago, bobandyson said:

I'd like to know how they can keep social distancing and quarantine any inmates when prisons and immigration detention centers have always been overcrowded. Are they also equipped with ventilators/intubators and other medical equipment? 

Another major quandary for me is why we are not hearing of Deaths among the Prison Inmates.

The conditions inside the Jails will not be the best to be housed in if seriously ill, and there are probably very little in the way of Medical Facilities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I think possibly the "recoveries " has something to do with the fact that 

A) there is the new wonder Herb called Green Chireeta. It seems to cure Thai patients, but the Exporters seem slow on the uptake.

B) The drug Faviparavor ( Prolly spelt it wrong ) is now available.

So if these " recovered Patients " are just given one of these, they can be sent Home as cured .

Who knows... But what is the recommended home treatment for the onset of symptoms....'FirstAid' for covid? 

59 minutes ago, DaLa said:

Do the ‘high’ number of cases cause reason to be concerned ? Or should we be worried that at 20,000 cases per day it will take 9 and a half years for the whole population of Thailand to have contracted Covid. Imagine if the restrictions and border controls are still in place in 1 year, 2 years , 9 years?

The 1918 pandemic passed in 2 years with no vaccines and a 1/4 of the current world's population. Now we have a huge population and various kinds of lockdowns - thus it does take a long time for everyone to get infected. Only vaccinations can speed up the process. I would say another 2 years to pass the worst of it. But the virue will stil citculate in various forms for decades, but will be more like the common cold. 

48 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Southeast Asia hit a new high on Friday, reporting 105,287 new Covid-19 cases, and a record 3,069 deaths, the highest on a single day. #Asean #COVID19 #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40004333

Covid crisis worsens in Asean as new cases, deaths hit record highs

Yes it's bad throughout the region...nothing unique to Thailand. 

1 hour ago, bobandyson said:

I'd like to know how they can keep social distancing and quarantine any inmates when prisons and immigration detention centers have always been overcrowded. Are they also equipped with ventilators/intubators and other medical equipment? 

Yup. Bad time to be banged up. Will be very very few prisoners that don't end up infected if they aren't all infected already.

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Indonesia at nearly a 5% mortality rate? And the PI at 4%? Vietnam at over 3%. That is astonishing. What are they doing wrong, or are they simply being more honest with the numbers? 

Very bad/under-resourced health-care systems.

26 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Another major quandary for me is why we are not hearing of Deaths among the Prison Inmates.

The conditions inside the Jails will not be the best to be housed in if seriously ill, and there are probably very little in the way of Medical Facilities.

A mostly young population and very few obese individuals, with underlying medical conditions, I'd imagine. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Based on statistics, not emotions, Thailand is doing great: with 87 death/1 mil population, Thailand is ranked way below average at spot #148. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

But reading comments here, the hysteria got to be killing more than the virus:

- Covid death a little over 6,000

- suicides this year around 16,000

- traffic fatalities around 36,000

etc

You don't seem to understand the dynamics of a pandemic. 

What would be your position on hysteria if deaths hit 100,000?  Because a pandemic can kill that many in Thailand. As happened in Indonesia. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You don't seem to understand the dynamics of a pandemic. 

What would be your position on hysteria if deaths hit 100,000?  Because a pandemic can kill that many in Thailand. As happened in Indonesia. 

Indonesia has three times the population of Thailand . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

4 months ago I guess you said not reached 3k yet.

That would be quite impossible. I registered July 19. By the way, you are the second one that clearly missed the sarcasm.

(Private tip of the day! Always check a persons time as a member in a forum before assuming impossible things.)

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

When people (some doctors, some government officials)  mentioned a potential for 40,000 new cases daily a few weeks ago I was highly doubtful.

Now?

Maybe hope 40,000 is the peak, and then downwards from there.

Other than shelter-in-place there is nothing to backstop the virus.

The vaccination efforts are good, but not nearly enough to stall the spread, or minimize the deaths.

Not a good sign.

It would have been and still can be better if the old and sick are vaccinated as a priority. Less ICU cases, less dead, number of cases becomes pretty irrelevant. 

I do not see any transparency about the destination of vaccines. It seems that so called deep-red provinces are targeted with vaccines going to the fit and young. Hope I am wrong.....

40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Indonesia at nearly a 5% mortality rate? And the PI at 4%? Vietnam at over 3%. That is astonishing. What are they doing wrong, or are they simply being more honest with the numbers? 

those aren't the figures i came up with using Total Cases and Total Deaths.  my math showed 2.6% for indo.  did you use a wrong column ?  did i use a wrong column ?  and i think it is well known that alot of cases don't get counted as no symptoms.  deaths are left out also.  so it isn't a perfect calculation.  but i understand using the official numbers provides a data point. 

46 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Based on statistics, not emotions, Thailand is doing great: with 87 death/1 mil population, Thailand is ranked way below average at spot #148. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

But reading comments here, the hysteria got to be killing more than the virus:

- Covid death a little over 6,000

- suicides this year around 16,000

- traffic fatalities around 36,000

etc

After reading your information, they are now putting together a panel that should handle such informative facts. Just wait one week and you will be called to your first hearing. ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yep. Thailand’s numbers have been complete bs from day one. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

They do just not fake perspective. There is proof that the amounts of death by covid is much higher then reported. If you look at average death rates. Also the dayly deaths now exclipse those in cars. Also suicides i love to see a link in increase as numbers are easy to write down.

Plus of course that people who like to make covid out as nothing more as a flu forget the long covid that hits 10% of those infected leading to a sickbed of months. 

So yea it really depends on your kind of perspective. If your perspective is to get  to remove lockdown and get the bars open so you can play with girls again then yes i would use those numbers too even though they are out of context.

Just an example taking the whole year of car deaths against a few months of covid in this year. Seems not really fair.

Also forgetting about long covid and the chance of hospitals not being able to cope. Anyway its always the same people who advocate these kind of things. Thankfully the majority of the forum has a brain.

I like to see some links to the proof. Thank you!