Thailand reports record 21,838 new coronavirus cases and 212 deaths

webfact

2 hours ago, itsari said:

Lack of testing , lack of vaccinations and lack of medical facilities  points to a out of control situation .

.......and the baht reacting accordingly.

Weakened out 1.3% this last 5 days

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I dont drink and I have a regular partner so get off your soapbox and quit with the personal cliche assumptions around people you know <deleted> all about 

I do care about children’s education though and the long effect it’s having on them. 

You are an exception the main group pushing for a removal of lockdown is the group i described. 

You are right to be worried about kids education, thankfully you can do something about that yourself instead of complaining. Be more proactive.

https://wolseyhalloxford.org.uk/about-us/international-homeschooling/thailand/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwu7OIBhCsARIsALxCUaPZxe5xSG3BvnVM8EDK3qrtP5lVS02_VU4HNATvMK3TlFoAPoP0NC8aAjQbEALw_wcB

Im sure more can be found.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I dont drink and I have a regular partner so get off your soapbox and quit with the personal cliche assumptions around people you know <deleted> all about 

I do care about children’s education though and the long effect it’s having on them. 

Sadly the Govt seem to care little about the kids education. None of the teachers in our local nearby schools have been vaccinated yet. This is in Kanchanaburi.

2 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Sadly the Govt seem to care little about the kids education. None of the teachers in our local nearby schools have been vaccinated yet. This is in Kanchanaburi.

I think if you are worried about your kids you will have to take action yourself. Home schooling being one of those things. Far from perfect but this is of course not a normal situation.

Back in my country the education of kids went on online and was successful in cases where parents really took interest in it. Without parents help it did not work that well. From personal experience of my niece her mother helped her a lot and there was a lot of work to do. Now back to school no problems at all and nothing has to be caught up. That is not the case for every kid as i said depends a lot on how much the parents care.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

. That is not the case for every kid as i said depends a lot on how much the parents care

That's very much from a farang perspective. Many Thai home situation is very different from simplistic picture your putting out there. 

Bit naive in my thinking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's very much from a farang perspective. Many Thai home situation is very different from simplistic picture your putting out there. 

Bit naive in my thinking.

Yes but the guy I was responding to was a foreigner, not a Thai so I assumed it was about his kids.

But yea poor people in Thailand will have little chance to really help their kids. Farang couples on the other hand should be able to do something.

But sure this whole situation is not good for kids from poor families. I know of friends of mine who tutor Thai and foreign kids now that schools are closed. So some kids (from the families with a bit more money) do keep getting educated.

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Evidence? Or just another bull assumption 

No bull assumption if you look into the names of people who are anti lockdown and then those who are all about party beer topics and girls you will see a lot of names matching. As its against the forum its rules to go after users i will refrain from making a list and proving it. Just do it for yourself if your really interested. 

Edited by robblok
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes but the guy I was responding to was a foreigner, not a Thai so I assumed it was about his kids.

But yea poor people in Thailand will have little chance to really help their kids. Farang couples on the other hand should be able to do something.

But sure this whole situation is not good for kids from poor families. I know of friends of mine who tutor Thai and foreign kids now that schools are closed. So some kids (from the families with a bit more money) do keep getting educated.

You assume too much. Seems to be a habit of yours . Unlike yourself I care about the education of all children particularly from poor families who do not have the luxury of internet, PCS etc. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

New highs again on all categories except prisons! Total of 21,838 new infections, with 923 of those from prison and 20,915 in the community. 212 covid deaths recorded. 

(6,026 positive rapid tests not counted in daily totals)

No let up in this third wave which keeps gaining traction throughout Thailand.

Rolling 7 day average (up to 5th Aug) which includes prison cases and bar chart of community cases from daily official announcements.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

data 7 aug.png

data 7 aug 2.png

Brian, please attach vaccination graph, I know you can.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Well, ain´t that a weird expression.

"The situation is dynamic, its literally day to day."

WHO: Dr Maria Van Kerkhove in press briefing on 27th July in regards to the mutating Delta variant and how we deal with it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (Aug. 7, 2021) About 6.66% of the population is fully vaccinated. 15,687,291 (+507,015) people have received the first dose, while 4,406,723 (+129,652) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1423888696760143877

Another excellent day and credit to all the hard work being done by

many nurses and other support staff to facilitate this. 

Fantastic effort. 

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Another excellent day and credit to all the hard work being done by

many nurses and other support staff to facilitate this. 

Fantastic effort. 

1,468,907 per month fully vaccinated ? you think that is a good result 

seriously ?

• Like 2

As long as they stubbornly refuse to include those found positive via rapid antigen tests in their daily tally, that number is pretty much meaningless. There's not enough proactive testing being done, and positivity rates are incredibly high.

On the bright side, in communities that currently have 20% positivity rate, infections cannot continue to double many more times, so they will peak within weeks. Herd immunity Thai-style, the hard way.

A four-year-old girl infected with Covid-19 was given milk and a blanket by Muang Si Sa Ket Police as encouragement for her to stay alone in a field hospital in Si Sa Ket province

On Friday, local rescue staff took the young Covid-19 patient from her father to the field hospital in the province for treatment. Because of the infection, she could not be accompanied by her near and dear ones.

Kind gesture by Si Sa Ket police towards Covid-infected 4-year-old

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004341

• Sad 9

Just now, anchadian said:

A four-year-old girl infected with Covid-19 was given milk and a blanket by Muang Si Sa Ket Police as encouragement for her to stay alone in a field hospital in Si Sa Ket province

On Friday, local rescue staff took the young Covid-19 patient from her father to the field hospital in the province for treatment. Because of the infection, she could not be accompanied by her near and dear ones.

Kind gesture by Si Sa Ket police towards Covid-infected 4-year-old

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004341

This is what my GF's 7 year old daughter had to do for the 2 weeks she was in the hospital, staying alone, no parents or family.  Sucks completely.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, smedly said:

1,468,907 per month fully vaccinated ? you think that is a good result 

seriously ?

On target for completion July 2025  ( 47 months away).

• Haha 1